1st pitch now turns off in WoH!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
The update has ‘fixed’ first pitch so that it no longer stays on at all times for WoH. To those that built your teams around this skill, shame on you. /sarcasm. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev13

Comments

• superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    so does first batter stay on now all times?
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    so does first batter stay on now all times?
    Very doubtful...

Another example of rushing to fix any error not to their benefit, and dragging their feet on anything not to ours.  Oh well, c'est la vie...
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Pretty A typical glu bullshit here 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    So do we expect to be compensated for the players that we leveled with this skill?  This seems like a another disgusting bait and switch
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    #skillgate4ever @Houmy
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This where global announcements would be nice and helpful to the players.    They can be used for more then just what the latest special is.   Regardless pretty unacceptable but what else is new
  • spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    You can't hate on it being patched. Was never supposed to stay on.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    what about lead-off then?  They messed up the coding from day 1 on a number of different skills. Instead of addressing it globally for all to know. Its been close to year we've been playing with these skills. Either leave it, or address it so everyone knows.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @spoc84 - week 1 and fixed I would agree

• superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    spoc84 said:
    Starting to sound like a GLU employee again...lol
    spoc84 said:
    I'm assuming at this point that your only goal here is to be a twat and get a thread closed when it becomes contentious.

It's an interesting form of censorship, but about the only logical explanation for some of your completely idiotic takes
    Why would you expect first pitch to stay on in Woh? Why would that make any sense? How is they even controversial?
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    spoc84 said:
    Why would you expect first pitch to stay on in Woh? Why would that make any sense? How is they even controversial?

Because it's been working like that since this skill was introduced MONTHS ago ?
    spoc84 said:
    why was it working correctly in every other mode of the game?!?
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Does anyone have any test data on whether 1st pitch has changed behavior in bonus games and tournies too?  I'm assuming it has, which would move 1st pitch into the scrap heap of skill options along with bases loaded, bases empty, two outs, etc.  The Werewolf had a great run...
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    1st pitch=BLM
    Not literal interpretations of their name
    2 Out Skills Matter🤣
    JTANDME said:
    spoc84 said:
    why was it working correctly in every other mode of the game?!?
    It wasn't. Ask anyone who had first pitch giys diamond 10. Clearly they were broken in bg and tournies. They hot way too high average for players who only had skill on the first pitch. Turner hit over .500 for me. That was way more than even both longoria. Always bugged.

I don't know why guys are upset Glu fixed a mistake?

They tilt when it doesn't benefit them , but when they mess up and correct something, but it doesn't any longer benefit you, you're salty? So much entitlement on this forum. You guys losing grip on reality lol 
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    My guess is Debbie must once again contact Glu CS and change the skills on the custom ATG
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    edited July 2020
    spoc84 said:

That's not the issue at hand. The issue is the lack of transparency.

This is a game that generates millions of dollars in revenue, but there is no game play manual to be found anywhere. When I just started playing last year, I sent questions to CS, they sent me here.  I had to learn about the majority of the game from posters here.

This is done for a multitude of reasons by GLU, mostly to allow themselves the benefit of the doubt when they screw something new up, OR to make more money on new players that don't know any better. I know I wasted probably close to $100 on crap I would never do again when I first started bc I didn't have a clue.

Knowing when skills are on was a huge deal for a while. The 2020 version FINALLY shows you when they work. It would, however, be nice if they issue SOMETHING to all the players that listed out how to play the game, what skills work when, etc.

You have guys who leveled players simply bc this skill was on. All GLU has to do is email the players and say "this has been occurring in error. Be advised we are aware of said error, and will correct this error by X". That way it isn't a surprise, nor will people waste money leveling players they won't use for certain events.  Again, a huge part of me feels GLU does this on purpose due to the fact it happens so frequently.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Um @spoc84 my question was not about stats. It was simply a question of why did the skill, at a minimum the light, work correctly in bonus games and tourneys. Why was it always on for woh but always off for CVC? I'm not "salty" or "entitled" as you say... just sucks when you come to expect a skill to work one way then you invest accordingly. 

The skill isn't meant to turn on. Why would it? It's first pitch it should be on and go off. 

If you invested skills into it. Oh well . Tough shit. You shouldn't have used a skill that wasn't designed that way, knowing they would fix it 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    spoc84 said:
    The skill isn't meant to turn on. Why would it? It's first pitch it should be on and go off. 

If you invested skills into it. Oh well . Tough shit. You shouldn't have used a skill that wasn't designed that way, knowing they would fix it 

Again, how would anyone here know they would "fix" this? There are issues with this game that GLU has been aware of for a long time that appear will never be fixed (like the game crashing on WoH on 5.10, which just happened to me AGAIN). Just because it is an error that makes sense to a rational person, that doesn't mean it will get GLU's attention.

Also, if this is the case, then Leadoff should be on every pitch in WoH. Think about it: In WoH, your player is the only batter. When you start the majority of the rounds, he has ghost runners on base, or he is leading off the inning to rally. With the definition of that skill, shouldn't it be on the entire time? I would think that would work work in WoH and not 1st pitch, but again, there is no manual to guide us....

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    So we just supposed to not level up guys with that skill and use them for the 8-12 months its been that way, in hopes that one day it gets changed? GTFOH
    I completely agree with @spoc84, for a change.  We all knew the skill was faulty, but took advantage of it anyway.  I can't be upset about it, but it does change the outlook for players with that skill, going forward.

I also completely agree with @drsmartassphd, though.  If there was any communication before the change, the issues would be avoided.

#skillsgateneverdies
    GLU Quality Control

"Yep.  Looks good.  Roll it out."

Or perhaps this...

Is anyone going to point out the fact that the very day they fixed it, they dropped a WOH guy with that skill?

That's world class trolling right there
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    So we just supposed to not level up guys with that skill and use them for the 8-12 months its been that way, in hopes that one day it gets changed? GTFOH
    was trying to figure out how to word a response but this one is good for me.   
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Lets also point out that GLU dropped a TON of bonus players in the Specials with this skill.  They did so because they knew people loved that skill and would pay for it.  So after taking your money, they changed it.

The idea that someone would be upset after purchasing something because it works one way, then no longer works after they paid for it, is pretty laughable.  
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Is anyone going to point out the fact that the very day they fixed it, they dropped a WOH guy with that skill?

That's world class trolling right there

WoH, tourney box bat and SF reward...first pitch skill all of them.
    I just don't understand the mentality here. Yes Glu do some wrong things, but when they fix something that was working properly and people can't take advantage anymore, there is outrage lol 

Such a bunch of hypocrites here.
This discussion has been closed.