1st pitch now turns off in WoH!

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    My problem is not with the fix itself, but with the lack of notice, and the fact that any fixes in our favor tend to take forever.

That, and the fact that there are so many fixes that have to be made, in the first place.  A little QC would solve a ton of this garbage before it is even a real issue.
  • JSEBJSEB Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Well my 345 double first pitch Turner is useless now
  • 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited July 2020
    spoc84 said:
    Such a bunch of hypocrites here.
    You must feel right at home here then ;)

• spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    spoc84 said:
    I just don't understand the mentality here. Yes Glu do some wrong things, but when they fix something that was working properly and people can't take advantage anymore, there is outrage lol 

Such a bunch of hypocrites here.
    You buy an apartment. You have a key to the apartment that WORKS to open doors. All of a sudden, your landlord decides to change the lock so now your key no longer works. Get it?
    No. Because we all knew it was working when it shouldn't work.

The clue is in the fact it's called first pitch lol not 'lit up for every pitch in woh' like the Woh skill from last year.

When hot hitter didn't work right at the start, were you glad when they fixed it? Yes because you wanted it to work. I'm guessing.

So they now make this one work right and you no longer take advantage of it, so cry like a baby? 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    So we just supposed to not level up guys with that skill and use them for the 8-12 months its been that way, in hopes that one day it gets changed? GTFOH
    Lets also point out that GLU dropped a TON of bonus players in the Specials with this skill.  They did so because they knew people loved that skill and would pay for it.  So after taking your money, they changed it.

The idea that someone would be upset after purchasing something because it works one way, then no longer works after they paid for it, is pretty laughable.  

I would have never spent gold on Justin Turner, for example. Werewolf has been great for me in WoH. Even last Monday my Werewolf was still being used as high as 5.8. For weeks he was my top RH Batter for the event. Now I will trash him. I spent 8K gold going after him, only getting franchise coins in return until I got him. I would do that over again had I known this.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

How is it bait and switch? They never said it would work. It worked by an accident or bad game code.

If you thought it will work all year, you are an idiot and deserve to have wasted resources lol 

• 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    edited July 2020
    spoc84 said:
    How is it bait and switch? They never said it would work. It worked by an accident or bad game code.

If you thought it will work all year, you are an idiot and deserve to have wasted resources lol 

Funny you say "all year" as that skill was introduced 9 months ago, it's a long ass accident
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    So it sounds like we're back to late innings, lhp and rhp as the only always on WoH skills?
    So it sounds like we're back to late innings, lhp and rhp as the only always on WoH skills?

Correct

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    spoc84 said:

Dude, if you honestly can’t see why people would be upset about this (despite several examples already mentioned), you are either not very bright or you are trolling. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Good thing they rolled out that new feature to see all the players we dumped.  We can go and review all the skills of everyone.
  • JSEBJSEB Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    My first pitch skill still works in WoH for all pitches.
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
    edited July 2020
    Not that I know of, but don't give them any ideas...

Whew.  That was a close one...
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited July 2020
    spoc84 said:

Dude, if you honestly can’t see why people would be upset about this (despite several examples already mentioned), you are either not very bright or you are trolling. 
    I'm telling you all he's an employee of Glu that's trolling us. By the way @spoc84 I do want to apologize for calling you a prick. I don't know you and that was out of line. But you are arrogant...
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Friendly reminder: 

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Icemz7Icemz7 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    So does it still stay active for the first pitch in woh tho? Cuz one pitch is all you really need most of the time
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Friendly reminder: 

This is amazing, his Glu stink has polluted almost every single post on here
    I Iike @spoc84. Wish @MoenPDC posted more too 

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I can piss and moan with the best of everyone but does this really make that big of a difference in WOH?

Think about it. Your opportunity or lack thereof is already determined before the first pitch. Your first pitch (if a strike) is either hittable or it's not. If it's not hittable on pitch 1 it's not going to be hittable on pitch 2 regardless of what happens with your skills.

I could be wrong, but I would guess if you have a hittable ball on pitch 1 and take the pitch, it's not just going to change to an unhittable sequence when the skill turns off for pitch 2. If it does, you can pretty easily avoid that by not taking the first pitch with this skill. 

The skill is still active for the first pitch of every AB which is all that really matters. It isn't just the first pitch of every round.

This is a big nothing burger. Still a valuable WOH skill. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Friendly reminder: 

Yep already did lol
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Eh, nevermind. 
    Small sample size study:

I have been using guys with first pitch skill (usually at 8/20) and purposefully taking a pitch in WOH that appears to be hittable to  deliberately turn the first pitch skill off (maybe 20 or so times so far).

I have yet to encounter a situation in which pitch 2 then becomes unhittable. 

I just don't believe this really matters, guys. 
    Don't have Werewolf Turner unfortunately. Been using Lewis from Monday and Frazier from this weekend. 
    So many pussies who can't handle the debate that have to ignore me lol 

These guys are the ultimate marks. Just expect the game to pander to exactly their needs and forget there are others who don't think like them.

When they can't handle the debate or someone else's point of view they call you a Glu employee or block you. Quite frankly the lowest intelligent people on the forum and I'm glad I don't have to engage with them anymore.

Thankfully there are many here who will maybe think I'm an asshole, I have no problem with that. I'll buy any dude here a beer IRL. But can at least say some of my posts have been informative. 

#hateanddebate #blockingforpussies
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    For the record, its still broken just in a different way. I don’t think Glu either knows how to fix it or actively tried. It may just be a side effect of some other change. I don’t care about any other player besides ML due to cost of leveling and this hasn’t impacted me in WoH and doesn’t seem to impact sims though hard to tell in stat boost. Once I have frazier capped i will sim games in and out of stat boost club to get better idea. 
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    spoc84 said:
    So many pussies who can't handle the debate that have to ignore me lol 

These guys are the ultimate marks. Just expect the game to pander to exactly their needs and forget there are others who don't think like them.

When they can't handle the debate or someone else's point of view they call you a Glu employee or block you. Quite frankly the lowest intelligent people on the forum and I'm glad I don't have to engage with them anymore.

Thankfully there are many here who will maybe think I'm an asshole, I have no problem with that. I'll buy any dude here a beer IRL. But can at least say some of my posts have been informative. 

#hateanddebate #blockingforpussies
    I agree.  Too much glass bubble and entitlement around here.  I like hearing a different viewpoint.  I may agree , I may not.  I may adjust how I do something in the game by better understand a section of the users and how Glu reacts to them.  
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    EProspectPhils Too much glass bubble and entitlement around here.  I like hearing a different viewpoint.  I may agree , I may not.  I may adjust how I do something in the game by better understand a section of the users and how Glu reacts to them.  

I visit this forum to have fun conversations and to share/gain knowledge about the game, not to have pointless debates with people about who they think are the biggest whiners and blah blah blah. All that BS is just obstructing to the things I come here for, so if I ignore someone its not because I'm "afraid of debate", its because I am just not here for that and don't care to see it. Like flicking a gnat off my ballsack.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    EProspectPhils Too much glass bubble and entitlement around here.  I like hearing a different viewpoint.  I may agree , I may not.  I may adjust how I do something in the game by better understand a section of the users and how Glu reacts to them.  

I visit this forum to have fun conversations and to share/gain knowledge about the game, not to have pointless debates with people about who they think are the biggest whiners and blah blah blah. All that BS is just obstructing to the things I come here for, so if I ignore someone its not because I'm "afraid of debate", its because I am just not here for that and don't care to see it. Like flicking a gnat off my ballsack.
    Just like a true trumper, can't handle other peoples point of view. So sad. Says a lot about you as a human being.
This discussion has been closed.