Spinoff From "WoH First Pitch" Thread: Skills In WoH That Should Work and My Reasoning Behind It

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Had there been an announcement about First Pitch in WoH, I could live it. With that, there is a thread on this already.

Based on this logic/reasoning by GLU, I will submit that there are a couple of other skills that should work the entire event:

1) Leadoff Hitter: This should have been on and not "First Pitch", honestly. Your guy leads off the inning and ends the inning. If you tie and go to extras, he leads off again. If you start a round and there are men on base, they are you batter....because he led off the inning

2) Hot Hitter: if you start a round with men on base, this one too should be in consideration to be ON at all times. Especially innings that start with two or three men on. It is likely one of those got on by a hit, right? Just throwing that out there.

You're welcome for not typing a novel.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Comments

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    1) Shouldn't it only be on for the first hitter if there is no one on base?  Maybe for all game modes they should call it first-out.
    2) I like it.  I never thought about it like that.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

It says "Hit/PWR" increase if your batter leads off an inning. Technically, every batter does this every round of Walk Off Hero.

I do see what you are saying, and you are right, if it doesn't work that way, it should be called something else. Maybe "first at bat".

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Personally, I think HH should work as-is.  It should activate upon that player's first actual hit, in all modes.  I think Leadoff should always be on for WOH, as the first actual at-bat should be considered to be leading off, and the same player takes every at-bat.

I do see what you mean about HH, but I think that is reaching a bit. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    The actual description of Leadoff skill is batting in the first position. I interpret that as position in the lineup meaning that it should be on every time that batter steps up if you have him in the 1st spot of the lineup. It doesn’t say when leading off the inning or game.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited July 2020
    samtheman said:
    The actual description of Leadoff skill is batting in the first position. I interpret that as position in the lineup meaning that it should be on every time that batter steps up if you have him in the 1st spot of the lineup. It doesn’t say when leading off the inning or game.
    Fair enough, and I can get on board with that, too.  For WOH though, you don't have a lineup, per se, so I think my interpretation is to our benefit.

Not that my interpretation means jack to GLU...