Options

Alfaro or Garver

RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
Who ya got?

One of them will become my primary catcher.  They're awfully similar - both righties, both have Late Innings skill.  Garver's got a little more power and Alfaro's hit rating is a little higher.

The primary difference is that where Alfaro has a vRHP skill, Garver has HH.

Comments

• Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    RHP is a very valuable skill but in the current economy of the game I’d probably still take the extra 10 points of overall rating on Garver.
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Garver.  Higher power=better for SF and TB.  HH is my personal favorite skill.  I even like it for a WOH closer.
  • Options
    spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    Garver I think. But they both suck tbh. Maybe Alfaro for the bench of Woh as an autoplay. But we have stat bonus and Alfaro is d10 and 8/8 skills and not hitting even .500. so the dude sucks balls. Garver hitting about .30 higher. 
  • Options
    How is either the best bxp catcher in the game? D'arnaud is still an absolute monster. 
  • Options
    RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    spoc84 said:
    Garver I think. But they both suck tbh.
    You would be thoroughly unimpressed with the rest of my roster, then. 
  • Options
    @RodFarva nah man I would never tell anyone their roster sucks. But for sure these 2 catchers aren't great. D'arnaud is by far the best bxp catcher still even at 350 overall. That's the only point I was making. 
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    You have to take into account the game modes that you prefer.  350 d'Arnaud is money if you play a ton of BGs, or are focused on CVC.  The blowout skill is awesome for those, but nerfs him mightily for WOH.

Both have the same, or better, hit/power, and skills that are more useful across multiple game modes.
  • Options
    More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited July 2020
    FWIW, I have D’Arnaud (only leveled to P10) and I pulled Garver.  I will likely utilize the 60% (if I can find a dot 30 club) to level Garver, but still finish leveling D’Arnaud, so I have a good one for all modes — between the 2 of them.

If I had to choose, I would take Garver because I value WoH over other modes and I’ve been doing fine with P10 D’Arnaud for other modes, so D10 Garver should be just fine as well.