Options

Do Not Use the New “Quick Upgrade” Feature!!!

More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
Thanks to @spoc84 for hinting at this issue, as I just confirmed it with a test.  I had Cano at B2 and Pujols at B1.  Took Pujols to B2, so they would start at the same level.

I manually upgraded Pujols from B2-B10.  I received the following amount of balls:  
3+4+5+7+9+12+19+25=84 balls

When I used the quick upgrade feature to immediately level Cano from B2-B10, I received ONLY the 25 balls from the last upgrade level (B9-B10).

Glu sure is some kind of sneaky!

Comments

• Options
    spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    We are currently beta testing for them lol 

I'm always shocked people use new features without checking it works. Like people who levelled everyone with field pass this weekend and lost resources. Glu are so dumb and know nothing about how to run a game or baseball. Make sure with my own eyes all is selling correctly. 

#betatesters4life
  • Options
    @spoc84

On one hand, I agree, as we know how incompetent Glu is, we shouldn’t assume anything new will work correctly, without flaws, and without somehow screwing us.

On the other hand, Glu is the only company I’m aware of where we have to tread this carefully.  Not just because they screw things up so often, but more importantly because when they do — they take forever to compensate, if they compensate at all, and when they do — it usually is nowhere near adequate compensation.  

Luckily for me, I’ve only leveled 2 guys past S10 this weekend (excluding repulls), so it hasn’t affected me personally very much.
  • Options
    spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    edited July 2020
    @More2Most2First I don't disagree. You are absolutely right. But we choose to play knowing that they'll mess up. By choosing to play you gotta keep your eyes on what's going on yourself. That's just how it is.

It's hard to complain when it's the same thing over and over and we choose to stay. So we are all very dumb. So just look out for yourself and check everything. As you know Glu won't. 
  • Options
    Fair enough, lol.  I will be extra cautious going forward.  It’s just still bullshit that we have to be the quality control for a multi-million dollar company 😂
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,787 Posts
    On another note, the 3% All Star boost is NEVER applied for your Video Achievement rewards. This has been going from beginning of game. Those boosts are from Tuesday-Saturday. For the most part, CS is aware, so opening a ticket usually gets resolved without a fight. But the “team” could care less. 3% boost, 5 days a week for months is a bit of a substantial loss, at least to me.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Fair enough, lol.  I will be extra cautious going forward.  It’s just still bullshit that we have to be the quality control for a multi-million dollar company 😂

The amount of things that aren't even spot-checked, let alone any sort of attempt at quality assurance, is freakin pathetic. 
  • Options
    tshea510 said:
    On another note, the 3% All Star boost is NEVER applied for your Video Achievement rewards. This has been going from beginning of game. Those boosts are from Tuesday-Saturday. For the most part, CS is aware, so opening a ticket usually gets resolved without a fight. But the “team” could care less. 3% boost, 5 days a week for months is a bit of a substantial loss, at least to me.
    What is this boost you speak of?  I didn’t even know it existed, lol.
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,787 Posts
    edited July 2020
    I don’t remember what All Star level it came at, but it’s a 3% boost for cash rewards and pennant rewards, 5% boost for BXp and Evo. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷