Manic Monday: A Brief Summary of How GLU Blew Up a Great WoH. Being a VIP = MEANINGLESS

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

As everyone knows, ole boy here lives for Mondays and Royale events. Like many, this is what I build my team around. My strategy to build my team this year is working great despite the fact that greedy GLU has been stingy with resources.

Well, yesterday was the big day. PxP Blue Box release! Awww yeah. I'm gonna blow up to 40K gold chasing Whitt and then spending whatever is left on PxP so I can level 3 primes (Panda, Whit, and I had 5 other guys to choose from). I was patient for a few weeks amassing the players/PxP via events or lucky pulls. I've stashed 260K gold just for resources and days like today. I'm gonna kill it!

I get lucky and pull Whit after spending just 14K in gold. I spend the other 6K in blue boxes, get the 20K rewards, and I landed four 3K pxp pulls in that big blue box opening. Now I got more than enough PxP if I buy a FP. Plan the rest of the year is to buy a FP when I have five or more players to level.

I'm so fired up at this point. I have the players to completely destroy the new set up on Level 5. I had it all planned out: Santana, Nola, Prime Stanton, Prime Panda, and Prime Whitt were going to be my final five. I had already cycled twice with my old line up, so this one would be killer.

Then the Frickery starts:

• I buy a FP. I get boxes, some rewards, no gold, but more importantly: NO DISCOUNT
  • I read the forums. I see the FP issue is bad but too late. I do see someone say they bought the extra pass and that worked.
  • OK, I break down, buy the additional pass bc I want to dominate this event.
  • Buy Medium pass: get gold and boxes for this one, but still NO DISCOUNT
  • So, at this point, I am out of $25, I didn't get 2250 gold, and I don't have the discount. I can only level 1.5 players instead of 3.
  • To make matters worse, I have the entire TOP BONUS SET, so I could be scoring millions
  • Based on info from a friend, I did not level anyone yesterday. Why? Because I was informed that if I did, I likely would  not get back from GLU what I paid for in terms of what discount I should have received. Basically, GLU told them, "yeah you didn't get a discount, but here is about 1/5 of the PxP you should have saved". Ok, I won't level anyone then. I won't even open extra boxes for repull until it works.
  • Naturally, I put in a ticket. No reply. Every hour I would put in a ticket. By this point, I'm fuming.
  • I keep playing with my old lineup and I am able to clear 4 times. Just need one more cycle to get that bonus PxP. Keep in mind I should easily win this with the new lineup that doesn't exist thanks to GLU
  • My last round I make it to 5.10 at 1045 (event ends at 11). I lose the first round 6-4. First time all day I get curved out on the last level. OK. NBD. Happens. Video reboot. Same thing. Curved out in the same sequence. Ok. Fine. I'll do a gold restart. I enter in the 465 gold, I push restart, round starts. Lead off HR. Hit, hit, HR. 6-4. Yay!
  • Game Crashes for the first time yesterday. In the middle of the round. After I spent gold. Well on my way to the fifth cycle. Nope. Lost the gold and additional PxP.
  • Once again, I load videos all day, I play WoH all day, yet the game crashes for the seventh event in a row on 5.10. This isn't an accident at this point.

Thank you for reading my novel.

After several submissions to CS, I still have not heard back on any of this. Based on Spoc's information, I already know I am going to be screwed over by this company yet again, despite being VIP.

I know for a fact there are players who have played this game for years that have recently gotten ALL of their money back from Apple. I am at this point now. Yesterday completely ruined this game for me.  This is the third or fourth time something like this has happened. I was hoping that since I was a VIP, something would change, but nothing will. Being a VIP, especially at a low level, is meaningless. What started as a great week for me and TSB has once again turned into a fiasco with no relief in sight.  But hey, at least their stock is going up while we are being consistently ripped off.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev1

Comments

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited July 2020
    That was brief?  I bet your dissertation was massive...😋

Seriously though, I can't imagine how frustrating that is.  I have essentially faded away, in terms of gameplay.  I probably spend 3x the hours on here that I do on the actual game.  I will pick back up at some point fairly soon, I am sure, but not until I feel like I want to move up tiers, and the bugs (read:theft) are at least a little less frequent.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    That was brief?  I bet your dissertation was massive...😋

Yeah it was brief. I went back and removed several vulgar lines. LOL

Yes, the I did a qualitative study, so the damn thing was about 150 pages longer.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    1)Your friend gave you bad info.

2)I can definitely relate with the CS frustration. I sent in a ticket on Friday and it took over 50 hours for a reply. I replied to their response on Sunday and as of this writing, still no response. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

DFBB said:

2)I can definitely relate with the CS frustration. I sent in a ticket on Friday and it took over 50 hours for a reply. I replied to their response on Sunday and as of this writing, still no response. 

Well the way it worked, I had only enough to get Whit where I needed him. He sent me screen shots on what he spent in PxP vs what GLU refunded him and it was obvious he lost out on a ton of PxP not getting the discount. I didn't want to take that chance.

So CS replies to me. I was "offered" a whopping 2500 gold (keep in mind I never got the 2250 gold for the first FP purchase) or a small percentage of resources I lost leveling up other players yesterday (I didn't level primes).

Hey GLU, why not all of that and then some? I paid for the gold already. You owe me that. Then you cost me a crap ton of time, resources and POTENTIAL resources because you screwed my entire event. I'm still out $25 and haven't gotten everything I paid for.

This is beyond absurd. These people are the worst.

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Ask apple for refunds! You bought a fp specifically for the discount for woh, which didn't work. Product doesn't work like advertised, and you no longer have any use for the disconut
    I tried this over the weekend, when I didn’t get the discount activated until Monday morning for a few hours before FP ended. Apple said no refund. 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    That’s an understatement!
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited July 2020
    That's why I don't spend my money on this game. It's better spent on buying my two sons Jordans, myself Oakley sunglasses and my wife whatever she wants. I also like buying surf fishing setups and taking multiple week long vacations to the beach. Sorry Glu, my disposable income goes to more tangible things. Not spending it on scam artists. My team is okay but nothing to special for being F2P. It's just become something to do to pass time now and again. Don't even spend the time anymore like I used too. If everyone keeps spending money then there is no reasonable expectation for them to change their ways. Everyone wants to shout that Glu is bunch of low lives and scam artists but still hand them a 100 dollar bill. Is it really shame on Glu or is it shame on you? Just saying.....

*Edit*
    I'm not a @spoc84 fan at the least bit but everyone is quick to coin him as a hypocrite which is true but everyone complaining about Glu this and Glu that but still handing them money isn't that hypocritical too. If your credit card has been breached do you continue letting the person who breached it keep making unauthorized charges or do you stop it. Same here.... Everyone keeps getting scammed and knows it but you all are still allowing yourselves to be scammed🤷‍♂️
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I've pretty much given up this year.  The reCaptcha was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.  I mean would anyone pay for a dishwasher that had as many issues as this game?
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    That's why I don't spend my money on this game. It's better spent on buying my two sons Jordans, myself Oakley sunglasses and my wife whatever she wants. I also like buying surf fishing setups and taking multiple week long vacations to the beach. Sorry Glu, my disposable income goes to more tangible things. Not spending it on scam artists. My team is okay but nothing to special for being F2P. It's just become something to do to pass time now and again. Don't even spend the time anymore like I used too. If everyone keeps spending money then there is no reasonable expectation for them to change their ways. Everyone wants to shout that Glu is bunch of low lives and scam artists but still hand them a 100 dollar bill. Is it really shame on Glu or is it shame on you? Just saying.....

*Edit*
    I'm not a @spoc84 fan at the least bit but everyone is quick to coin him as a hypocrite which is true but everyone complaining about Glu this and Glu that but still handing them money isn't that hypocritical too. If your credit card has been breached do you continue letting the person who breached it keep making unauthorized charges or do you stop it. Same here.... Everyone keeps getting scammed and knows it but you all are still allowing yourselves to be scammed🤷‍♂️
    Sounds like you're starting the "DEFUND THE GLU" movement @to@Toughthundercats

*Edit*
    Sounds like you're starting the "DEFUND THE GLU" movement @to@Toughthundercats
    It needed to start long time before now....

*Edit*
    Not everyone complaining hands them money
    And that comes from one of the chief complainers 🙄
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    DFBB said:

Wow!  I would have thought they would at least respond quickly to you, considering you help them by moderating the forum...oh wait, you don’t spend hundreds/thousands of $$$ per week on the game.

It really is ironic how Glu can have such lack of transparency, yet be so obvious at the same time.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:

Wow!  I would have thought they would at least respond quickly to you, considering you help them by moderating the forum...oh wait, you don’t spend hundreds/thousands of $$$ per week on the game.

It really is ironic how Glu can have such lack of transparency, yet be so obvious at the same time.
    To be clear, they're very good to me. However, for my personal issues, I use CS just like everyone else and yeah...
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Haven't bought field pass due to all the issues I've seen.

Also, my ZNGA stock went up.
  • FranksabinskiFranksabinski Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    Purchased the grand slam yesterday as well. No levelling discount yesterday or today. Sent in tickets about this and nothing. Still waiting on a reply from an issue on Friday. What a complete dumpster fire this game has turned into. Scam after scam and only gets worse. Double gold weekend but the vids haven't worked right including restarts yesterday in WOH but I know this Will be blamed on my wifi like every other problem in the game. Put balls into the zones in Dinger but you get nothing for it...GLU’s response...probably because you have aps open in the background or just because you hit the zone it doesn’t mean you actually hit it. But the 12 daily specials and 4 dozen bonus players along with the pop ups every few minutes to spend seem to work fine! Not being a VIP probably means I won’t even hear back from CS but All they do is rob and steal from us anyway so why would I expect to buy something from these scam artists and actually get what I pay for!  Beyond frustrated with this garbage! 

Don't mean to make light of everyone's frustrations, but this feels appropriate.

Getting compensated (or even getting useful responses from CS) is an individual, and presumably, time-consuming endeavor.  If everyone that was affected sent in multiple tickets, it will certainly take days.
    Tdub71 said:

Don't mean to make light of everyone's frustrations, but this feels appropriate.

Getting compensated (or even getting useful responses from CS) is an individual, and presumably, time-consuming endeavor.  If everyone that was affected sent in multiple tickets, it will certainly take days.
    Exactly. Simple solution stop spending. Can't be scammed if you're not handing them your credit card number. One thing I'm kinda of confused about is that the whales are spending thousands of dollars each week/month whatever it is, what's the need to cheat? If you're pissed off with Glu because you felt like you were raped and violated in the worse ways possible stop enabling them. Why cheat then get caught and scream scam artists? You can never con a con. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Remember when you weren't going to play this year because you knew it was a shit show and just going to be a huge money grab??  Son of a... you win again, glu.  Piss off your customers daily and they'll continue to give you that money!
    Just no.  
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited July 2020

Naturally, I put in a ticket. No reply. Every hour I would put in a ticket. By this point, I'm fuming.

from July 13: https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2020/discussion/5458991/weekend-field-pass-not-working-cs-unresponsive#latest

[Glu Sports] blueleopard said:
    "When you put in a ticket, every message you send pushes you to the back of the line (or the hotline if you're on that).  When an issue is resolved, it's really important that you close that issue when you're prompted, because if you just respond and say the issue hasn't been resolved, it gets slower."

So I have been sending myself to the end of the line every few hours.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17

Still haven't heard back from CS about my compensation. I'm not taking their original offer of 2500 gold when I was already owed 2250 from the first purchase. With that, and the game crashing last night after a gold restart, that would be a negative gold day for me. No thanks, GLU.

What part of "you screwed up the entire event yesterday for me" don't you understand? I would have had the top tier bonus grouping as well. I was on pace to dominate and garner lots of resources, but nope. The product I paid for did not work an entire day, and you want to offer me a negative return on gold?

@frankthetank04 wins this thread. We have no one to blame but ourselves at this point. We are GLU's QA team, except this QA team MAKES money.  How insane is that?

I wonder if that's part of their Project Plan? I can hear the daily Sprint meeting now....

Ok team, time to roll this out and have our customers test it! We will likely make more money the worse we screw this up!

Hidden camera feed from GLU QA:

• iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited July 2020

So CS replies to me. I was "offered" a whopping 2500 gold ...

Do you at least have your 40% discount working now?
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17

YES it finally kicked in yesterday evening. Pretty much missed out on a decent prime showing as well. Somewhat solo club finished 40th, but could have been a lot higher.

All I'm getting is 2500 gold for this. What a joke.

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Long story, short- The Good Doc got his salad tossed for 30$. 
    Bearmeat said:

Oh gosh no. That would actually be worth it.

More like: Someone fricked the Good Doc's hot wife and didn't pay him for it.

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Bearmeat said:

Do people normally PAY YOU when they frick your wife???
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Bearmeat said:

I made a contribution in your name to the Human Fund. I felt that was sufficient for our experience 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I tossed my own salad last night...wait wrong thread.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit