Pick Em 7/14

CthomCthom Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
It is No.  Jimmy Key won in relief in 1991.  Pedro was the first AL STARTER to win at home but Glu didn't ask that.

Bet they screw it up AGAIN.

Comments

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Based on yesterday, I think No is a safe bet. Yesterday's no was the literal answer and this is too 
  • BigburgBigburg Registered Users, Member 150 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Actually, it was Vander Meer for Cincinnati in 1938, but still a no.

Edit, just noticed they did specify AL.
  • EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Bigburg said:
    Actually, it was Vander Meer for Cincinnati in 1938, but still a no.
    He was National League
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Yep, the correct answer should be no, for the reason you stated above...but Chad might have to continue swinging both ways.  @Cthom
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    But how are we suppose to answer the “Who’s your daddy?“  Question when they don’t give me a spot to my dads name down!!! Lol
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    YardGoats said:
    But how are we suppose to answer the “Who’s your daddy?“  Question when they don’t give me a spot to my dads name down!!! Lol
    GLU.  The answer to that question is always GLU.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I like how they said player, when anyone who knows baseball at all would definitely say pitcher when asking this question.
    To be fair, when position players pitch and get a decision, I don't count them as pitchers lol
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    cb11 said:
    To be fair, when position players pitch and get a decision, I don't count them as pitchers lol
    I do agree with that.  However, we’re talking about the ASG with this question...I can’t imagine a position player has ever pitched in an ASG.  I mean, the one time it should have happened, they let the damn game end in a tie instead, lol.
    cb11 said:
    I do agree with that.  However, we’re talking about the ASG with this question...I can’t imagine a position player has ever pitched in an ASG.  I mean, the one time it should have happened, they let the damn game end in a tie instead, lol.
    I completely agree. I also wish they would've had the position players pitch that time (but that's beside the point). My point was more that out of all the things to get mad at Glu for, this is so far down the list it should just be ignored
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    The problem is that on the notifications, it makes the statement as one of a fact. Maybe they should ask if the statement is T or F.