Options

Club freeloaders??

1ind170jm1ind170jm Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
Any other clubs having that issue with freeloaders? You buy a gift for the club then they leave? I wish glu would add in a deal where you can select who gets gifts in the club. To help with stop rewarding players who don't contribute and freeloaders. It's agitating. We place top 20 every event with only 4 club members.

Follow up question. How do those with respectable clubs get people that are solid and will stay in the club? Very difficult for a smaller club that wants to grow and are active daily. I also buy gifts every event. Any pointers will be great! Thanks I'm advance!

Kudos to you for hooking it up with tons of gifts today! Thanks guys! 

Comments

• Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I started going solo about 6 weeks ago.  Prior to that I was a leader of a club that seldom finished out of third place.  The best tip I can give you is recruit from your bracket.  Look at guys profiles in other clubs, look for guys that are solo or seem to be carrying their club (tell tale signs are total club points bs others in their club).  I would also avoid recruiting on global, lots of floaters there.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    I had the same problem for a lot of last year.  @whynot has very good advice.  I finally switched to a bigger club late in the year, but I have been exclusively solo this year, for that reason.  

I say kick all your freeloaders, make your club private, then go on a recruiting mission.  If you have to play with only 4 for a while, so be it.  Easier to control CVC/Clash/TB rewards, and you don't lose much in club points, since you keep your actual contributors.

I agree about recruiting on global.  That place is a mine field of miscreants and ne'er-do-wells...
  • Options
    More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited July 2020
    The scenario @whynot just laid out, is exactly how I ended up in what I now call my “permanent home”.  They already had a group of 4 (they had defected from a large club and were tired of the BS/drama) that just wanted to enjoy playing the game.  They were in 2nd place in a BG event, but I almost chased them down in my solo club.  They contacted me after, congratulating on a good effort, and asked if I wanted to join a small group of drama free guys.  I joined not long after and the 5 (now 4 due to Glu sucking) of us have our solo CvC clubs and join up for certain events, while chatting daily on Line app.  Those types of relationships, combined with the ones on here, are why a lot of us are still even playing the game.  Hell, there’s even a good portion of guys that don’t play the game anymore, that still pop in here somewhat regularly.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    1ind170jm said:

Follow up question. How do those with respectable clubs get people that are solid and will stay in the club? Very difficult for a smaller club that wants to grow and are active daily. 

My advice would be to NOT chase points. When building a club, I've been guilty of just 'accepting' whoever wants to join. In hindsight, less is often more when it comes to club building. If you have a group of guys that value a similar style of play, it'll be fun. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I left a club last season because I was routinely scoring 60% of our points, it started to feel like I had to play in order for the club to succeed and I didn't want to do that.  This season ironically while I still have almost 2 billion points this season I'm 4th out of 4 members and I'm much happier.  As far as recruitment goes I would just try to find like minded people that would seem to fit how your club mates want to play like a few others mentioned.  It's an inexact science but with some diligence you might find a few that put you where you want to be.
  • Options
    2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited July 2020
    "I agree about recruiting on global.  That place is a mine field of miscreants and ne'er-do-wells..."
    that sounds like genuine frontier gibberish rict there
    Thanks for the old school words...these kids now-a-days don't know how good they have it.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • Options
    Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts

• Options
    UnderdogsUnderdogs Users Awaiting Email Confirmation, Member 35 Posts
    I agree with what More2Most2First mentioned earlier. You don't have to necessarily go solo though. Just run with the top guys in your club and merge with another good club when the opportunity presents itself. You really don't need the guys at the bottom. The top 20% of your club will be responsible for 80% of the points.
  • Options
    Hell good idea to try and merge clubs. I think that could possibly help us out a little. We are sitting at 12th right now. There's 4 active. I'll try and find a club that wants to merge into our club. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    is this happening to anyone else. I know it's unrelated. Just thought I'd ask!?