I’d forgive everything from Glu

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
if that freaking runner didn’t break from third with no one on second and less than 2 outs on the comebacker to the pitcher🤬

Comments

• iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    The announcer says the same thing on that play that he says when an outfielder drops a popup.
    "OH MY"
    I've had the two things happen back to back. Seemed funny.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    That and the fact that with two outs, the runner on first can't score on a double off the wall.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Speaking of which...

@TheFullMonte, I am still waiting on my custom 3rd base coach.  Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, Bob's your uncle, etc, etc, etc...

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    The contact play is always on.
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    I'd like to see the option to send a runner from third on a fly or score from second a hit to win.
    Rippers said:
    I'd like to see the option to send a runner from third on a fly or score from second a hit to win.
    Yes, and for 1 energy drink, we should be able to run over the catcher.
  • digdug2626digdug2626 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    It’s always been one of my biggest complaints in this game is it’s predictability. How long does it take any of us to know when it’s going to be a hit or an out. Not just that but how it will occur and whether the runner will attempt to advance. Certain game types will not end in certain ways. Anyone seen a WOH end by sac fly or because a runner scored from grounder to short. Just wish sometimes there was more variance. If you really look at it compared to any other high quality baseball game(9innings 20, PI 2020, even Baseball 9), it is actually very remedial in comparison. From the look and movement of the players, cookie cutter with TSB, to actual motions of the real guys in the other games. To the playability and controls of the same games, which I think we all know speaks for itself and there is no need to make any comparisons. Truly what is the draw for all of us and this game?? So much, that we would subject ourselves to repeated mistreatment and disrespect, that even worse, come from the Very  creators of the game we devote so much time effort and money to.... GLU
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I love that when you line out to the pitcher he catches it bare handed.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I just want to be rewarded the stuff I win and not have the game crash during the most important levels.

I already know its too much to ask.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Anyone seen a WOH end by sac fly or because a runner scored from grounder to short. 
    Once in '19 and once again in '20, unless I am imagining things, I hit a grounder to the second baseman with the  bases loaded and less than two outs, and he threw to first! Both times the first baseman dropped it and the winning run scored. Even if he didn't drop it, the winning run would've scored.

Anyone else have that happen?
    RodFarva said:
    That and the fact that with two outs, the runner on first can't score on a double off the wall.
    Is that always the case? I know that runners can sometimes score from first on a double, but is that only when the ball doesn't hit the wall on the fly? I guess I'm not that observant.
    edited July 2020
    In WOH when you're in the midst of an obviously doomed at bat (with less than 2 outs), there's no reason to NOT swing at the 3-2 pitch, right (other than to save time)? Is it even possible to hit into a double play in that spot? I don't think so. The only risk I can think of is turning off your RISP or ROB skill when you're down by more than 1 run.

I'm thinking in terms of advancing runners on a grounder or sac fly.
    Is there any way to try control whether you hit a fly ball or grounder in a doom at bat?
    Obviously if the winning run is on third, nothing good will happen if you swing (unless you enjoy waiting 14 seconds for that pop-up to the 1st baseman to come down).
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Is that always the case? I know that runners can sometimes score from first on a double, but is that only when the ball doesn't hit the wall on the fly? I guess I'm not that observant.
    No, it's not always the case - sometimes they do score.  It appears to me that the harder you hit the ball, the more likely they are to score, but I have no idea if what I think I'm observing is accurate.  I'm also not distinguishing between a ball that hits the wall on the fly and one that rolls to the wall - hitting the wall on the fly likely does score the run more often.

Either way, with two outs, the runner is going on contact and would almost always score.

I know it doesn't really matter - the actual animation is mostly irrelevant.  From the instant you've made contact, either you have a hit or you don't, and either the run will score or it won't - specific animations that don't make sense shouldn't really bother me, but I find those two particularly dumb.

Also, I'm 99.9% certain that the baserunner scores much more often on a base hit in CVC than in WoH.  
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I don’t mind the animations because as @RodFarva mentioned, it’s just an attempt to show the the result of the at bat. 
    CvC is designed to move runners to benefit the user. For example, a double will score the man on first 100% of the time if there are 2 outs. If less than two outs, it depends on the type of hit. 
    Currently, WoH isn’t programmed to allow us to win on a fielders choice or sac fly. It’s also programmed where the winning hit will correlate to what’s needed, with the exception of a homer. For example, if there’s a man on 3rd in a tie game, you won’t win with a double or triple. If you get a hit, it will either be a single or a homer. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    The announcer says the same thing on that play that he says when an outfielder drops a popup.
    "OH MY"

Wayment, announcer?? I’ve never played the game with sound on before I had no idea there was an announcer lol
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    "OH MY"

Wayment, announcer?? I’ve never played the game with sound on before I had no idea there was an announcer lol
    I just realized after 3 years of playing this game that there was an announcer. I think I shut the audio off after my first game played in 2018.