Options

How low will GLU go

luvleggsluvleggs Registered Users, Member 6 Posts

So I have had continued issues with the app. Between the app needing to reboot almost every 15 min, to the app not giving the reward for watching a video to freezing on the last level of WOH.  I’ve gotten to point where I have been sending them screenshots at least twice an hour when I even play anymore.  This is their last reply.  They are now blaming me for playing their game and spending money expecting it to work.  Note my phone is an Iphone and I have insanely strong and stable WiFi with no need for a VPN as I'm in the US.  As a developer myself, this wreaks of a memory leak in the app and some seriously sloppy coding otherwise.  The fact they won't own up to it even though they drop little pittances of gifts for issues like lying about odds of getting a prime player or that their app fails to interact properly with its money-making video content providers is insane.  Instead, they call the people paying their bills cheats with no investigation or interaction to actually see what the player is using.  I play this with no other apps running mainly because it already has so many issues just being the only app open personally.  

Hello Xxx,

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience, the reason that you are unable to do anything that you have mentioned earlier because your account has been marked as a cheater and the reason for it is that you have a corrupt device.

This kind of thing happened if you have made any changes to your device like changing the OS or Jailbreaking the device. If it is neither of the things said earlier then you are using third-party applications in your device which are against the rules of Glu Policies.

I hope this helps with your query.

Regards,

Uday

Glu Mobile Customer Care

Comments

• Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    @luvleggs How long can Glu go? As long as people continue to allow themselves to be ripped off. There is no need for Glu to change if everyone continues to hand them 100 dollar bill after 100 dollar bill. Why should they? Awesome profit margin. Do the crappiest and least possible work as possible and demand premium prices for a pile of hot, steaming, stinking pile of dog crap. Oh and then they light it on fire on your doorstep and watch you step in it and then laugh at you. I mean, seriously, that's what Glu is doing laughing at everyone as you all are handing them over your all's credit card numbers...

#defundglu
  • Options
    luvleggsluvleggs Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    there are people who spend upwards of 1k a weekend alone. if you can get them to stop spending, maybe you can get somewhere.
    Yeah, once they started coming back with the crap they have my wallet dried up real quick.  
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    there are people who spend upwards of 1k a weekend alone. if you can get them to stop spending, maybe you can get somewhere.
    I think, and this is just a guess, Glu is having a tough time finding new blood to infuse that kind of money into this game. My hypothesis is that the reason those whales got a slap on the wrist and their xp given back for the cheating and glitching is because those are all Glu has to infuse that kind of money into this game. You piss those guys off and they walk who do they have to replace them... sure as heck not me. I think Glu needs to figure out a more sustainable way to do business. If they can figure it out there is a ton of advertising dollars to be made.
  • Options
    trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    I think, and this is just a guess, Glu is having a tough time finding new blood to infuse that kind of money into this game. My hypothesis is that the reason those whales got a slap on the wrist and their xp given back for the cheating and glitching is because those are all Glu has to infuse that kind of money into this game. You piss those guys off and they walk who do they have to replace them... sure as heck not me. I think Glu needs to figure out a more sustainable way to do business. If they can figure it out there is a ton of advertising dollars to be made.
    if they wanted to go that route, it would of happened by now. They have fully committed to blowing the whales of the game, and have changed almost every facet of the game to benefit those addicts (severe resource drought, impossible bonus sets, joke box odds, booster players, last night's EB joke, forcing players to move up to diamond, making CVC impossible for non-diamond players (can't go on long runs in plat without CVC booster). Even if that means cutting out 90% of the players in the process, they are clearly committed at this point. Maybe they'll realize it is a horrible long term strategy and will change, because you are right, over time there won't be enough to replenish the whale ranks.
  • Options
    AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Toughthundercats said:
    Do the crappiest and least possible work as possible and demand premium prices for a pile of hot, steaming, stinking pile of dog crap. Oh and then they light it on fire on your doorstep and watch you step in it and then laugh at you.