TSB20: We Lost A Lot Of Good Men Out There

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
GLU is killing this game one week at a time.  Said goodbye to another today; one of the best dudes that this game and forum has had.

Of all the things I've hated about the direction this game has taken, its things like that that suck the most.  This game at one time had a phenomenal community.  These days, I find myself waking up, logging on and wondering who is going to finally hang up the cleats that day.

Sad day brothers
Prev13456712

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Customer retention clearly is not their thing. Sad 
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited June 2020
    @TheFullMonte, could not agree more.  It was missing the community aspect of the forums that brought me back last year, after I uninstalled and hard quit for 4 months.

The blatant money-grab that this game has become makes me wonder how much longer I can stomach it, too.

I am not there yet, but if it continues as-is, I might not make it to August...
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I made the comment numerous times last year.  GLU's entire biz dev team should be fired and thrown out on the streets.

It costs 5 times the amount to acquire a new customer than it does to retain an existing one.  Something totally lost on GLU.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I made the comment numerous times last year.  GLU's entire biz dev team should be fired and thrown out on the streets.

It costs 5 times the amount to acquire a new customer than it does to retain an existing one.  Something totally lost on GLU.
    From the reports I just googled, I think you got that metric backwards.  Way more expensive to retain than attract in mobile gaming.  Regardless the costs and retention rates I just read about makes me wonder why any companies are in this business.

• AirAssaultAirAssault Registered Users, Member 103 Posts
     Boycotts were put into action, and glu *reluctantly* eased the difficulty back down to a *tolerable* level, where the matchups weren't cow dung.
    I've read a few things about boycotts against TSB before, and I'm genuinely curious...have they worked in the past? 
     Boycotts were put into action, and glu *reluctantly* eased the difficulty back down to a *tolerable* level, where the matchups weren't cow dung.
    I've read a few things about boycotts against TSB before, and I'm genuinely curious...have they worked in the past? 
    No. Can’t get everyone on the same page. To many whales keep spending 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    🤣🤣🤣
    No. Can’t get everyone on the same page. To many whales keep spending 
    Exactly, get some of those whales to stop spending then you'll get their attention. A rhetorical question to chew on... Why would the whales care to stop spending? So in pondering that rhetorical question...  a boycott would never work. Kind of like barking up a tree with no cat in it.... pointless.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited June 2020
    eh..forget it.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    xracman said:

From the reports I just googled, I think you got that metric backwards.  Way more expensive to retain than attract in mobile gaming.  Regardless the costs and retention rates I just read about makes me wonder why any companies are in this business.

For mobile apps you have to think about it a little differently.  "Customer acquisition" isn't simply getting someone to download the app, its getting them to start spending money on your game.  "Retention" is getting them to KEEP spending money. 

We've watched some BIG spenders step away after growing tired of having to spend more, and a little more, and a little more each week.  

You can shave a sheep a thousand times, you can only skin it once.
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    I quit Saturday and haven’t missed the app one bit. Was in the middle of a cycle cap I never completed and honestly enjoyed not being tied down to my phone, especially during cvc times. 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    I quit Saturday and haven’t missed the app one bit. Was in the middle of a cycle cap I never completed and honestly enjoyed not being tied down to my phone, especially during cvc times. 
    It's great, right?  I love getting outside and doing things that are actually productive.  I haven't deleted the app yet, but I don't find myself opening it up much either.
    Just no.  
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    edited June 2020
    Who quit?  Or who didn’t quit?
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    @Bearmeat @retirepujols quit this week. It sucks to see guys like that lose all interest in the game and just delete the app. I hope Glu sees what is happening and makes some changes before they lose a lot more. I doubt that will happen though as long as they are making investors happy.
    edited June 2020
    I’ve decided kinda follow you guys... tho I’m basically gonna stop playing (spending) until primes are more attainable like at least 5% chance. 1% or 1.6% is not realistic as far as chasing goes. You would need about 500k gold a week to try and pull primes from boxes. So break time for me. 
    Edit: I’m also not watching videos that’s probably the weirdest part. Videos are like breathing for me lol Gotta find other things to do 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Just got to say, 4 weeks now and haven’t bought a box or watched a video, it’s awesome!!!!

Did you guys know you get lots more lovin from the wife when your not tapping something else all day?  Who knew, right?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Sorry poo, I was late but this is for you @retirepujols

Sorry poo, I was late but this is for you @retirepujols

Only if its a white claw homie dont play dat truly game.
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    All that suburban, minivan driving, soccer mom drinking stuff looks the same to me

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    @Bearmeat @retirepujols quit this week. It sucks to see guys like that lose all interest in the game and just delete the app. I hope Glu sees what is happening and makes some changes before they lose a lot more. I doubt that will happen though as long as they are making investors happy.
    I’d be happy to call Jon a friend of mine. Great guy. But it is what it is. The game sucks. The people and the community don’t. I’ve met great people through this game. 
    edited June 2020
    and me. Not great, but a people, its a nice coincidence that the "quarantine" ended along with TSB playing being fun. 
    edited June 2020
    whynot said:
    Just got to say, 4 weeks now and haven’t bought a box or watched a video, it’s awesome!!!!

Did you guys know you get lots more lovin from the wife when your not tapping something else all day?  Who knew, right?
    Definitely that and a lot more accomplished around the house through out the day. I haven't done much with this game since Sunday morning. Lost all drive to tap this game. I'm hoping that Glu at least gets some plastic surgery done, a boob job, Botox injections, something, liposuction. I'm tired of looking at the same ole crappy game day in and day out. Fugly and FUBAR is what I call this game.
  • bigvivecs_botbigvivecs_bot Registered Users, Member 94 Posts
    edited June 2020
    whynot said:

Definitely that and a lot more accomplished around the house through out the day. 
    I think I’m actually going to do a part time job in addition to my full time job now that I’ve quit. My hands have been idle for too long with this game. So that time will now be put to use putting money into my pocket instead of the other way around 
    Down goes (2) more long time staples of the TSB community 

too bad GLU will never get the hint.  These guys have helped hundreds of players over the last couple years.

GLU should try not sucking ass for a short while to see if we might be able to retain a few of these guys.  This current path ends with 37 hardcore users with nobody to play against except themselves.
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Who ?
  • ShoveItUpYoenis2ShoveItUpYoenis2 Registered Users, Member 952 Posts
    Didn’t a graphic leak awhile ago for TSB 2020 saying something about improving customer retention would be one of the goals this year? Yeah, so much for that... piss poor management running this company 
    Damn GLU.  Losing another BIG one....

You’re gonna have to sell a metric crap ton of broken field passes to make up this latest one.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Damn GLU.  Losing another BIG one....

You’re gonna have to sell a metric crap ton of broken field passes to make up this latest one.
    Who's out now?  This is getting out of hand...

To clarify, I don't blame the players themselves, at all.  We should probably all be at least considering the same.  It just sucks to see people bail, but I definitely understand it.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    I dont blame them, Glu has ruined the game - everything they do makes it worse.. hopefully they will see their numbers dropping soon enough and start listening to the community and not making everything single aspect of the game a money grab
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    who?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy