13Next

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Wrong, Cove capped him for sure.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    “but I'm confused as to why they feel it was a good idea to throw a mediocre prime as a one time reward. If he was at the curve and ideal? Okay, maybe.” 

It’s been at least 2 seasons where the reward in WOH was worth the chase. Why would they actually change for the better? I sure miss ‘18
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:
    “but I'm confused as to why they feel it was a good idea to throw a mediocre prime as a one time reward. If he was at the curve and ideal? Okay, maybe.” 

It’s been at least 2 seasons where the reward in WOH was worth the chase. Why would they actually change for the better? I sure miss ‘18
    We are actually less than a year removed from the best WoH reward in tsb history(Sciosca).
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited July 2020
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:

We are actually less than a year removed from the best WoH reward in tsb history(Sciosca).
    I loved scioscia, but Votto was better imo
    Both were awesome! Votto had the 2x vs rhp, but nobody dominated WoH like Mike. At least for me. 

edit: All things equal, I agree with you. Mike was absolutely dominant because I was 20/20 with his skills. Without lxp, I was only able to go 12/12 on Votto.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    WOH player rewards in 19 were awesome when they first came out with the different towers. Then slowly got kinda worse, imo, over the course of the year.

In 18 it seemed like they just got better and better over time, until late in the season we were getting a player 10 points off the top of the curve, then also another box with players and then a good amount of specialty xp. The tower was challenging (wasnt free) and fun, and the rewards were amazing. (FYI, everyone still spent money when it was like this)

• 1994EXPOS1994EXPOS Registered Users, Member 149 Posts
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    DFBB said:

Agreed, and there's been a bunch of other great ones in 19. If you moved up tiers last year and didnt stay in silver or gold all year Woh rewards were often very good. After I moved to gold Albies, Scioscia, Rizzuto, Mookie and Damon were all awesome for my team building. Then I went Diamond the weekend 510 AVS was the reward, followed by Jose Cruz, Tenace, Orlando Cabrera and Baylor. All of these guys helped a lot to build my Diamond team.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    WOH player rewards in 19 were awesome when they first came out with the different towers. Then slowly got kinda worse, imo, over the course of the year.

In 18 it seemed like they just got better and better over time, until late in the season we were getting a player 10 points off the top of the curve, then also another box with players and then a good amount of specialty xp. The tower was challenging (wasnt free) and fun, and the rewards were amazing. (FYI, everyone still spent money when it was like this)

Just seeing those icons and the amount given for each level was a great reminder of how much fun the chase was back then. I could only beat the top level occasionally, but it was a lot more fun trying because it was worth it. What they've done with this now makes me just put the phone down and not play.