TSB20 App Freeze !!!

Ak472019Ak472019 Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
edited July 2020 in General TSB Discussion
I have encountered this problem more often in TSB20 compared to TSB19. Especially when I post high scores in Target Bash/CVC the app hangs up, therefore my score does not get registered. I looked and found the reason TSB'19 app=353 MB  vs  TSB'20 app=4.02 GB. App size is nearly 12 times the size it was in TSB19 creating the lag & freezing a lot of us are facing due to the toll on phone memory.

Comments

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Umm, have you cleaned up the cache? Mine is nowhere even close to 4gb...android 
  • Ak472019Ak472019 Registered Users, Member 51 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Every 30 minutes. My Samsung phone is less than 2 year old so no issue there either. No additional app installed other than what was there when I was playing TSB19. It is the gargantuan size of the app data the reason for videos not playing and CVC/Bash freezing midway. Just posted game winning high score only to have the app freeze on me. Ridiculous !!!
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    I have the same issue. The App data just continues to grow. I use a Samsung Galaxy 9+. Never had this problem last season with the same phone. I clear cache regularly. Not sure what to do about it. 
    edited July 2020
    Just checked  TSB'19 Data=50.66 MB  vs  TSB'20 Data=3.67 GB. Something is wrong here. I'm spit balling here, could it be Data not compressed by app developers?

Advise: Clear Cache But DO NOT CLEAR DATA. It will reset your lineup to the start of the season erasing all your upgrades & purchases. 

• spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    It's bad coding from the devs. They know about it but can't fix it. It's a similar memory leak to the one in '19 that caused lag on androids for a number of weeks. 
    The app data is in solid storage. I wouldn't think it would slow anything down unless one is running out of storage space. I suspect nothing is ever getting deleted. But my background is computer HW. Maybe one of the SW gurus on this board might have an idea. My Son has a newer phone and his App data is much smaller. Seems weird to me. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    This is what I show on my iPhone 11.
  • CthomCthom Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    I delete data all the time on Droid.  Whenever this POS leaks north of 1GB.  I have to login each time with my password and it resets the selections you make on that strategy screen.  Nothing else changes.  I guess lineup, stats, season progress etc are all on the Glu server.
    I just experimented on TSB'19 just now. Did a "Clear Data". Everything reset to the first day I downloaded the app. Is there a backup on GLU server? Will I be able to retrieve it?  Can't be sure. It took me 2 months and countless requests  to Customer service to port over 3 Legend keepers over to TSB'20. I will not bet on getting back lost data from customer service.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    On Android, you can clear the data.  Do yourself a favor and do NOT uninstall the app (unless you want to), because that will trigger your account being locked and needing CS to unlock it.  They don't appear to remove anything even after you ditch players etc...  They're constantly doing something with all the files that requires a lot of processing because my device used to get really hot and have long black screens until I cleared it.
  • CthomCthom Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Ak472019 said:
    I just experimented on TSB'19 just now. Did a "Clear Data". Everything reset to the first day I downloaded the app. Is there a backup on GLU server? Will I be able to retrieve it?  Can't be sure. It took me 2 months and countless requests  to Customer service to port over 3 Legend keepers over to TSB'20. I will not bet on getting back lost data from customer service.
    Make sure you have your account tied to an email account. Like I said, I've never had an issue.
    Yes it is connected to my FB account.
    On Android, you can clear the data.  Do yourself a favor and do NOT uninstall the app (unless you want to), because that will trigger your account being locked and needing CS to unlock it.  They don't appear to remove anything even after you ditch players etc...  They're constantly doing something with all the files that requires a lot of processing because my device used to get really hot and have long black screens until I cleared it.
    Once you cleared the app data and logged back in were all of your players there ? All resources (Gold,XP). 
    My app data is over 5GB now and the game has become almost unplayable with all of the hangs and delays.
    I'm hesitant because before confirming the delete I get a message saying all will be lost. 

I am backed up by email. But will that will needed ?
    Thanks in advance !
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    You get logged out, that's all. I clear my data every 2-3 days and sometimes I get the "please use original device " message. But i have no choice. The game gets so logged up with data it slows it down like crazy. If you get that MSG just have to wait for CS to unlock you and sign back in.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    I deleted my App data on my Samsung 9+ yesterday. I was unable to get the App to load at all after until I rebooted my phone. Then I just had to login again and everything was in place. Even season mode did not reset and I didn't have to set any parameters like team. The only thing that was missing was the Stadiums which I  received requests for. 

My Data went from 5GB to 400 MB. The performance is much better and the hangs much less frequent.

Thanks to all for sharing your experiences in this thread !
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Love apple more and more each day

you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Yeah I like Apple for this reason too. Now, if CS would only cooperate.

They FINALLY replied to my inquiries this weekend. They asked for screenshots. I sent them. I had info that accounted for at least 1K in gold not awarded.

The response this morning? We are sorry that happened to you. We can assure you the devs are working on it. You get nothing. Now kindly frick off. Oh, and thanks for the help!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Same thing.
    I got to where I don't bother with tickets anymore...I think i'm drawing to a close 
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Yeah I was like that for a while. I shared another really crappy "assistance" experience with 2019.

Sucks that they ask you for help, you take the time to provide it, then they basically tell you "yeah, we effed you, tough crap".

So now, I send those effers EVERY issue. Eff it. I take screenshots of every major event win in case the game crashes. When the game crashes, I immediately send CS the info. Don't care anymore. They need to know. One weekend alone I sent them 7 examples in a few hours. I was livid that day but I kept the information very clean and respectable. Same thing "we are sorry, but too bad"

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts

Yeah I was like that for a while. I shared another really crappy "assistance" experience with 2019.

Sucks that they ask you for help, you take the time to provide it, then they basically tell you "yeah, we effed you, tough crap".

So now, I send those effers EVERY issue. Eff it. I take screenshots of every major event win in case the game crashes. When the game crashes, I immediately send CS the info. Don't care anymore. They need to know. One weekend alone I sent them 7 examples in a few hours. I was livid that day but I kept the information very clean and respectable. Same thing "we are sorry, but too bad"

Man you must have some strong blood pressure meds to do that!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard