How much have you spent this weekend?

2Next

Comments

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Cable company has a higher standard of customer service than glu
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited July 2020
    I bought my wife one those air fryers for Christmas last year and out went the deep fryer before she even tried out. Long story short.. she’s a health nut that is constantly on me about everything I eat. It’s terrible.. even adding oil to it it’s terrible.. lol 
    but...I tell her it’s great honey 😉 Best French fries ever 👍🏻
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited July 2020
    While I agree that an air fryer doesn’t come close to the taste and crunch quality of a deep fryer — I’ve found that air fryers excel at 1 thing, which I find important.  They kick ass for reheating many leftover items because where the microwave often causes things to become soggy, the air fryer keeps them crunchy.  Needless to say it has saved many leftovers from the garbage disposal/trash can.
    That is very true! Excellent for reheating anything that had previously been fried 
    That is very true! Excellent for reheating anything that had previously been fried 
    Additionally, excellent for reheating sandwiches that were originally on toasted bread.  I utilize it often to reheat half of the pastrami sandwich I get from a local spot.
    Additionally, excellent for reheating sandwiches that were originally on toasted bread.  I utilize it often to reheat half of the pastrami sandwich I get from a local spot.
    Never tried a sammich reheat in it. Will do 👍🏻
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I feel like you guys think this is the balsamic thread..
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I feel like you guys think this is the balsamic thread..
    I was going to say something similar, but didn’t feel I’ve been involved enough in the balsamic thread, to have proper authority.  Thank you for intervening, lol.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I air fryed chicken drumsticks for the first time. So juicy and tasty! Yum. My daughter loves the air fryer. Puts the crunch back into her chicken nuggets. 
    edited July 2020
    Air fryers are fantastic for reheats, or frozen foods.

The only fresh foods I have had any luck with have been turkey breast and shrimp.  Everything else has come out a little bland, or dry, or both.

Edit: I forgot about buffalo egg rolls.  My wife made some with it when we first got it, and they were awesome.  Can't find the recipe now, to save our lives...
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    false, lies and deception. If it comes out bland that's means you dont know how to season your sh1t properly. Dry? Never, I've done every piece of chicken in those things and they all come out crunchy and juicy. Maybe it depends on if you cheaped out on the brand. I got the NINJA ones from Costco and they are fire. I use to have a cheaper one that I got as a gift once but it only lasted about 3 months before that POS thing broke down.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    Oh, it could definitely be operator failure, for sure.  I am not sure what brand we have, but I think it is only a 4qt, so we don't use it all that often.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Leftover pizza is amazing in the air fryer as opposed to microwave. Next level sh*t.
    edited July 2020
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Leftover pizza is amazing in the air fryer as opposed to microwave. Next level sh*t.
    How did I not think of this yet...happening next time I get pizza!

Edit:  Especially because I prefer thin crust...you’re my hero @JEDDDOGGY!
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    Made my daughter some fries in the air fryer tonight. Took a couple. Heehee. Omg, life changing. 😋 Wow.