The Official “TSB 2020 QA Team” Thread.

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
For those of you from places like Port Barre or Ville Platte, Louisiana, a QA team is the “ Quality Assurance” group that tests the product from the development team before said product hits the market or is sent directly to a customer.

QA Teams, in a proper Agile environment, play a daily role in how soon the product should be rolled out once the developers think they are finished with their coding. Many QA teams are mostly entry level programmers who are looking to work their way up in their company. This means that while they are “learning”, they also get a first hand view on how coding errors, even simple ones, can throw a project plan off. I could share more, but this is a very high level view of this process. Another reason I bring up the fact that they are entry level is the fact that many QA teams are a low cost,  but necessary group for a successful project.

With that, it is clear that GLU either has a really, really bad QA team....

OR...

GLU doesn’t have a QA team at all. They just roll everything out to the customer and allow the customers to find all the problems with the game while the customer PAYS GLU to find these errors. For examples, see the weekly threads on Ads, daily dinger, CvC, box odds, field pass, etc.

If you’ve played long enough and purchased anything, chances are very good you got screwed, contacted CS, and basically was told to kindly GFY while GLU kept your money. Basically, GLU is making money while rolling out a defective product. When you send these errors to CS, you are doing the job the QA team should have done weeks before.

Just like the nonexistent game manual, this forum has done wonders in terms of QA work for GLU after each new update.

Who on this board would like to be part of the official forum QA team? I’ll be happy to be the Lead QA Idiot, especially after getting bent over last week with Field Pass. Dkarski, Monte, Matt, KC2020 and ujkijhgfdersxbnhgtdcnkkhb are also pretty good in playing every event finding errors.

This could be a load of fun. Maybe GLU will send us some free energy drinks!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Comments

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited July 2020
    While I hate Glu very much and believe everything they do is a money grab in this game, I have not experienced many of the errors that you guys have been complaining about - however I do have a brand new iphone. My ads run perfectly smooth whether for gold, replays, or boosts (I have 140k gold and counting). Daily dinger is working perfectly for me (balls have bounced very close to the line on both sides and its always correct). The game loads very fast while turning on, and inbetween games. Have never had it close on me when I was about to get a reward or during WOH like you say happens all the time. The change they made to CVC making the pitchers harder is just a money grab, not really a QA issue (they knew it would alienate anyone who wasn't diamond or who doesn't buy the CVC subscription). 

However, while I agree the box odds are absolute BS and I even would go as far as to say rigged, its not really QA, but more Glu greed as they are obviously aware of how much they rig any given box set. Except for Marte, that was straight up QA screw up.

Can't speak to the fieldpass, since I haven't spent any money on this game in a long while - won't give this greedy company my money until they make some of the changes we have been asking for to make the game more user friendly to more than just the people who spend $1,000 plus a week. Hopefully they will change their tune soon, as there are less and less people playing this game, all you need to do is look at the global challenge numbers for proof.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Global challenge is very surprising. I’m not playing DD bc I wasn’t awarded a couple thousand gold I won, took screenshots, sent to CS, only to be to.d that the game crashing and not rewarding me was somehow my fault. I have 40 DD tickets on hand now. 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    edited July 2020
    I suggested a user testing program directly for 3 years.  last year it was confirmed by members of the dev team that they would in fact be starting such a program.  as early as dec/jan i saw postings by someone on fb  of '20.  I'm not sure if it still is a thing as i've disolved my contact over sheer dissatisfaction with the product, valuation, continued degredation of gameplay, lack of fixing existing (and longstanding) issues within the game in favor of adding new features that are unecessary in comparison.   There are other reasons which I am quite sure some can guess.  i only hope the plan for such a program is still in place.  the last thing we need is another update rolled out before it is ready.

also, PLEASE FIND A WAY TO MAKE USER DATA 9000% LESS BLOATED ON ANDROID DEVICES!!!! the 2gb (even after deleting cache folders entirely) has slowed my gameplay tremendously. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    @inoculum - the only testing program I have knowledge of is one where they have you test a possible new feature. Not going to be specific but NOTHING that I have been a part of testing has been implemented nor something that has been asked for, i.e. fixing in game issues.  

Small item to add to the great addition above: 

365 players that are equal to 350/355 players.

Good job, GLU

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Small item to add to the great addition above: 

365 players that are equal to 350/355 players.

Good job, GLU
    A few weeks ago, Mitch Garver (365 max) actually ended up having a lower hit and power than almost all 350/355 max players because they jacked up his speed so high. It is unbelievable how they manage to screw it all up. Meanwhile, the only 365's that ended up having solid improvement was Correa and Pedrioa. Makes zero sense, its like they are stoned.
    They want everyone chasing primes so they can buy PxP

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    For those of you from places like Port Barre or Ville Platte, Louisiana, a QA team is the “ Quality Assurance” group that tests the product from the development team before said product hits the market or is sent directly to a customer.
    You forgot to include the most clueless people...BeL Monte, usa
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited July 2020
    QA is extremely difficult, and it's even more difficult when you're working from home when everybody has different internet connections and every fix we make to a new and unreleased build has to be reported by a producer, fixed by a coder, sent back to the producer, uploaded to the server, and tested again. 

Things slip through the cracks, and with the amount of stuff you're finding, imagine the amount of stuff we're finding in the testing phase. 

TSB is a live product. Every piece of code can counterengineer other code. It happens, and I get that it sucks.  We're trying the very best we can with the resources we do have and appreciate the patience.  I've been with Glu for almost four years now, and I've never seen the team work this tirelessly as far as they have to put out the game we have now.  Your honest and constructive feedback is a good step at continuously improving the experience.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    QA is extremely difficult, and it's even more difficult when you're working from home when everybody has different internet connections and every fix we make to a new and unreleased build has to be reported by a producer, fixed by a coder, sent back to the producer, uploaded to the server, and tested again. 

Things slip through the cracks, and with the amount of stuff you're finding, imagine the amount of stuff we're finding in the testing phase. 

TSB is a live product. Every piece of code can counterengineer other code. It happens, and I get that it sucks.  We're trying the very best we can with the resources we do have and appreciate the patience.  I've been with Glu for almost four years now, and I've never seen the team work this tirelessly as far as they have to put out the game we have now.  Your honest and constructive feedback is a good step at continuously improving the experience.
    My account is locked out after the game crashed repeatedly in WOH. Says I’m suspended. I can deal with QA issues, but I can’t handle being accused of cheating when I didn’t do anything but have the game crash on me. Been an hour, still locked out. For nothing. 

Here is the WoH issues.  I also sent CS screenshots of what ads are locking up the game.

Let the great team of devs know this is happening. I know they know because of the "gift" we got this weekend:

Every. Effing. Damn. Week. Been like this for at least 10 WoH events for me (Monday and Royale combined)

I've cycle four times this weekend as well (should have been 7 or 8) because of the same exact "convenient" BS.

Other posters have recommended closing and reopening the app before you play the last level of WoH or Slugfest (any round). That's not working any longer either.

Get to 5.10 and it will do one of the following:

1) Load video for video boost, watch video, but not get boost

2) Load video for video boost, game crashes, you start over

3) Don't add a boost (what I've done for weeks now), but the game will start to "skip" after you get a run across.

4) Game will just crash after you win the round, not award anything, and start you over.

5) Get curved out, then try a video reboot (See options 1 and 2 for what happens).

6) Video reboot may work, but see options 3-4.

CS doesn't care. At all. That "gift" they sent yesterday is crumbs compared to what I've lost not being able to simply play the game I've paid for. This tells me the whole "Wifi and RAM" excuse they've pedaled is crap and they know it, but bc they are raking in the cash, they won't fix it because the more the game crashes, the more likely the player will then buy the crap they should have won

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

Blue

@[GLU Sports] blueleopard 

The post above was much appreciated.  One additional suggestion here that I would bring up at the very next and every single subsequent CS/QA meeting or discussion.....every single new tweak or adjustment being made, has also come with a new bug.   Compounded, they've severely degraded the user experience where it feels like we've simply added another layer of mess.  We continue to stack bug upon bug if you will. 

I would argue that too many bugs are making it through the system as its currently constructed.  Given the difficulties you are navigating as a team working remotely and such, I would suggest that creating a stable game platform should be priority number one and all new tweaks and development should be halted until that is achieved.  If "improved customer retention" was truly the aim as stated when TSB20 dropped, this would be a humongous step in that direction.