Team Tier Progression

ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
I am Gold 1 and I was nine wins shy of triggering the playoffs to progress to Gold 2.

I have not played a Bonus Game, Tournament, nor Head-to-Head at all this weekend.

I am not sure how or why, but the Playoffs to go from Gold 1 to Gold 2 are now queued up for me to play?

I have played and won six Prime games this weekend. Prime games are Prime games. No more, no less.

I have recently starting playing Season Mode again to get some of that Prime XP.

Does anyone know if Season Mode games count now toward your team tier progression? 

Insight, input, evidence, documentation, and narcissistic sarcasm please.

Comments

• ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    I played the playoffs to go from Gold 1 to Gold 2

I haven’t played any games and somehow have
    2 of the 70 wins required toward Gold 3.

I then played my next 4 Season Mode games and I am still at 2 of the 70 wins.

I am confused here.

• Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    There was talk of a glitch that let prime games count toward tier progress.  Unsure if it is still there, or not.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Prime and season games are not supposed to count for progression to playoffs.  
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    @Tdub71 you may be on to something but the math still does not work out for my specific case.

@whynot I agree and that is why I am confused here.
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Because: GLU.
    Now I am in Gold 2 with 23 of 70 wins needed to unlock playoffs; eventually advance to Gold 3.
    The issue started last weekend (July 17, 18, 19).

I was at 51 of 60 in Gold 1. The playoffs were magically unlocked without playing a BG, tourney, or head to head. I was mysteriously credited with 9 wins of team progress. I won the 3 of 5 series and advanced to Gold 2. Now I sit at Gold 2 with 23 of 70–never played/won any of those 23 games.

Thats 32 games won toward team progression that I never even played???

I am sporadically being credited with wins in small increments for no reason other than a system error or the system trying to coerce me up to higher levels. 

• fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    somebody else reported that CVC games were giving him tier progression. can you test that? 
  • spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    CVC rounds, extra bases count. There are ways to set it up so Woh rounds, prime games also count. 

It's amazing for diamond guys. I've probably gotten 400+ wins in the last week just from CVC and the prime event alone.

If you are gold and don't want to process, just don't play the play offs. Believe me it's just a glu error, they don't wanna give free wins to force you up. They are giving away gold to diamond players quicker and easier than normal, so they'll fix it spoon .
    @fatDaddy and @spoc84 — thanks for the input.

@spoc84 — did you call me a “spoon” ?
      FORKER!
    I played 1 round of the most recent CvC. 
    Club did not win the match up.
    I was not MVP
    I was not high round score
    Gold 2 progression went from 23/70 to 26/70.