What's your expectations about WOH today?

13Next

Comments

• ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    I decided to take a week off from this game, and play vicariously through the forums. I had a feeling after this weekend that today would be no different. Im glad im not logging in, but thanks for keeping me updated on the usual bs everyone.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    xracman said:
    whynot said:

It’s all in salesmanship my friend.  This is where @drs@drsmartassphd OCD comes in handy.  Ya need the proof like screenshots, dated/times and the ole handy blatant screw you responses from CS.
    So you're saying Apple will refund for curve outs?

No, but they do for spitballs and sandpaper in the glove.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Three cycles done, 17 to go. Oh, except I have a job and a family, so yeah, 20 cycles isn’t happening. Glu is apparently now catering not just to whales, but unemployed whales who nonetheless have disposable income to spend on this game. Small market!
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Three cycles done, 17 to go. Oh, except I have a job and a family, so yeah, 20 cycles isn’t happening. Glu is apparently now catering not just to whales, but unemployed whales who nonetheless have disposable income to spend on this game. Small market!

C'mon man. That's only about 8 to 8.5 hours more of game play, barring nothing going wrong with the game and no curve outs.

You know what your problem is? You lack discipline.

That's why you won't finish.

Now, do the right thing: Tell your job, wife, and kids to frick off. You have a nerfed fourth-tier player to cycle cap here. How will you finish in world rankings if you don't? How can you live with yourself?

PS - I stopped after 1 cycle. Double gold is more valuable than this trash.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

I must of missed something, what I faced isn’t the same as I see posted in @DFBB chart.

i faced lhp only on 1,5, and 6 of level 5 of HOF
    - Blueleopard
    That was Pro not HoF

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    whynot said:
    I must of missed something, what I faced isn’t the same as I see posted in @DFBB chart.

i faced lhp only on 1,5, and 6 of level 5 of HOF
    The one in the charts thread is for HoF and I can confirm that it's accurate.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    That was Pro not HoF
    That’s the chart I see posted, looks like it says HOF.  What am I missing? (confess I’m not the brightest bulb)
    - Blueleopard
    @whynot Possible you're not doing hof?
    DFBB said:
    @whynot Possible you're not doing hof?
    😂😂😂😂 Don’t know how I missed that!!!  Rookie move on my part!
    - Blueleopard
    I just kept playing, didn’t cycle but couldn’t figure out why the info was wrong.  Been playing since 2014, can’t believe I didn’t catch that.
    - Blueleopard
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    So I cleared it three times and noticed I did not get the 2k pxp for every complete win. Anyone notice that?
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    edited July 2020
    So I cleared it three times and noticed I did not get the 2k pxp for every complete win. Anyone notice that?
    Yeah, it's a bug. You wouldn't have gotten the repull of Taylor either. It's an OR reward not an AND reward. But thank you for the reminder because that means you actually get less on the 6th, 9th, etc. Since a repull at bronze is roughly 2K PXP and no BXP with it. Stopping at 5 lol 
    I see why you’re saying but I mean the 2k pxp that comes when you just beat the 5 levels. The pxp that comes with the reg Taylor. I’m sorry if I’m off it’s need a long day. 

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    @slafrance2 I completely agree with you. It SHOULD be both. It SHOULD be an and reward But it's Glu's logic which means release an update with bugs that they can't/aren't willing to fix or even make a formal announcement to clarify whether its or/and. 
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts

Welp, RNG got me.

Finally get to 5.10 without the stupid game crashing. 6-4, no outs, man on first. Curve out, curve out, hit, curve out.

Video reboot.

SAME. EXACT. SEQUENCE.

Yeah, I'm gonna cycle 20 times today. LOLOLOLOL

FRICK YOU GLU.

You must have a lot of patience.  For 20, my policy is that I quit WoH on the first oops restart sh*t.  The fact it happens so frequently, it hasn't been addressed let alone fixed, means my money and time goes elsewhere.
    I finished a short while ago. The 20 cycles I did today was more than what I've done the past month combined(I think). It's obviously not for everyone and it's time consuming, but I actually cared today. I know many are not happy with the format, but meh, it made me play. 
    @DFBB Jesus. I finished 4 and I’m mentally drained 😂🤣
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I finished a short while ago. The 20 cycles I did today was more than what I've done the past month combined(I think). It's obviously not for everyone and it's time consuming, but I actually cared today. I know many are not happy with the format, but meh, it made me play. 
    I think these changes were good. Not for me, because I don’t have the time, but still good. But let’s not lose sight of how much better it was last year, with cycle capping a viable option and decent players on offer. 
    Even when I loved WoH with a passion, I think my max was 7 or 8. 

Metsicans said:
    DFBB said:
    I think these changes were good. Not for me, because I don’t have the time, but still good. But let’s not lose sight of how much better it was last year, with cycle capping a viable option and decent players on offer. 
    I don't think anyone will disagree that '19 was much friendlier. I'm just glad that it moved in a positive direction. They've received a lot of feedback and they have their data. Let's see how next week goes. 
  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    this was complete glushit! no longer b s  it has been re-termed
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Woh has gone the way of slugfest. Irrelevant anymore. Bring on more prime events, can't get enough of them... 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I used to be one of those people that would play 10-11 out of 12 hours on WoH day, yesterday I managed to play 2 levels at 10:40 pm and just couldn't do it.  I just think after playing 18' and 19' I have finally just gotten tired of playing all day.  I'll probably still play from time to time but games run their course and that is probably what's going on for me.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I just moved to Diamond so it was harder for me since I don’t have enough bats to beat all the levels easily. However, I stopped playing HOF after 3 clears, when it didn’t give me the 2k PXP or the Taylor repull. I wasn’t going to waste my time not getting those resources. So I stuck to Pro which was actually paying out as promised. I think I did 10 Pro and 3 HOF. 

I spent some time trying to beat WOH before realizing I didn’t have the bats to win and needed to upgrade some. So best case scenario, I maybe could have done 16 rounds through HOF. Still 4 short of the big rewards. Of course chasing that big reward is great, but they would have shorted you 2k for every 3rd clear. So that 100k is really only 88k.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I used to be one of those people that would play 10-11 out of 12 hours on WoH day, yesterday I managed to play 2 levels at 10:40 pm and just couldn't do it.  I just think after playing 18' and 19' I have finally just gotten tired of playing all day.  I'll probably still play from time to time but games run their course and that is probably what's going on for me.
    It’s just so stupid

i spent lots of money last year to craft my team for WOH, then glued my face to the screen for 12 hours every Monday 

I no longer have any incentive to do either of those.  Killing WOH is going to DECREASE what I spend on this game

now ill use a little gold for bonus guys here and there.  But there is no point in dropping cash on the game to chase specific players anymore 

Not only that, but they are now using a 4th-Tier player as the reward for WoH, they nerf their ratings, then you can't cycle cap them.

Pretty much the entire reason you play the event is gone.

• fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    The game has evolved into what I called this forum seasons ago...a TJ bathroom where we all just measure schlongs against one another. All game modes suck it unless ur diamond. I don’t even play WoH anymore, still have the original prize (Benitiendi?) as a reward for tournaments, etc. Really I only play CvC for the boxes to improve TS and have higher OVR players. What’s the point of this game anymore???
    #onlyTSmatters