Issue with Purchase and CS Response

RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts

I know full well you're not a CS agent and this isn't really your job, but I thought someone there should know about this.

I had the VIP subscription that gives a 15% discount on boxes purchased with gold and a 10% bonus on gold purchased with packages. Last weekend, during what was being called VIP appreciation week, the specials section showed that I would get a 20% bonus instead of the usual 10%. So I made a few purchases, then I realized I didn't receive the advertised 20% bonus (I did receive the usual 10%).

I raised the issue with customer service (complete with screenshots), and they readily acknowledged that I was offered a 20% bonus and that I did not recieve it. However, they are unwilling to either provide the bonus advertised or refund the purchase - I have stated that either is acceptable to me.  

They have claimed that the 20% offer was displayed in error, and that it should have only offered 10%. I have explained that I don't believe that matters and that the 20% bonus was part of the reason I made the purchases.  I have asked for an explanation as to how glu believes its position to be legal, but I have not been able to get an answer. 

I don't know if you can or will do anything with this information. It is not a significant amount of gold, but the gold is hardly the point anymore.  

I guess I still have enough faith in glu that I don't believe knowingly violating fair trade laws is part of the business plan and that someone aside from frontline CS staff would want to know about something like this.

Thanks.

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I, for one, am shocked GLU would pull another bait and switch, then tell a high level VIP to kindly frick themselves. Totally unlike them.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    There is plenty that can be said about glu's competence and actions, but I do want to give them credit for one thing:

I think they really don’t want to truly rip people off. The Marte box is an example of that. They didn’t deliver what was paid for, and then they remedied it fairly. 

There is a lot of psychology, obfuscation, and borderline deception that goes into games like this, but glu has always appeared to stop short of truly deceptive practices.
    Lol. I’m STILL salty about the field pass fiasco a week ago. I got completely screwed on that one and the reward was 250 gold.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    I'm still salty about Larry Bowa. My poor little Larry...
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Ha thats where you're wrong. They have no shame
    I don't imagine this will surprise you, but I just wanted to circle back and give kudos - you were right.

I got no response after posting here, and despite acknowledging exactly what happened, CS won't say anything more than "I understand you want compensation, but..." They refuse to comprehend that I don't want compensation - I only want what was advertised and what I paid for. The insinuation that I'm looking to get paid here is pretty frustrating.

I had hoped, since it is a clear case of advertising one thing and providing another (which they do not dispute), they would do what is almost certainly required of them by law.

Oh, well.  It's not a large amount of gold, and now it's up to me to decide if I'm willing to spend going forward.  I can blame them this time, but if they do it to me again, that's on me.  And I'm not particularly interested in being the dummy that signs up for that.

Well, the sad reality is that, if you play this game at all, this is EXACTLY what you sign up for.

We are at a point now where we have to come to a forum to find out if major aspects of the game actually work as advertised. SOMEBODY has to bite the bullet and try.

What I find hilarious are some whales coming here and stating "you should know better".  Well, yeah. Forgive me for thinking a million dollar game will work as advertised.

GLU fricked me hard two weeks ago and told me to go pound sand, despite acknowledging they screwed up not 1, but 2 events bc I couldn't level who I wanted after I bought the 40% off FP.  They don't care. They have your money and that's that.