TSB20: We Lost A Lot Of Good Men Out There

Comments

• EProspectPhilsEProspectPhils Registered Users, Member 112 Posts
    Good luck everyone, I'm out too.  Good to know I have some level of self control left.  I spent all of my resources on garbage, had someone change my password so I can't get back in.  I feel like a huge wait is off my shoulders and I am getting my life back.  I enjoyed a lot of things about the game, but I think I crossed the line into addict, and I personally needed to uninstall.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Good luck everyone, I'm out too.  Good to know I have some level of self control left.  I spent all of my resources on garbage, had someone change my password so I can't get back in.  I feel like a huge wait is off my shoulders and I am getting my life back.  I enjoyed a lot of things about the game, but I think I crossed the line into addict, and I personally needed to uninstall.
    Congratulations, big guy! 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Tdub71Tdub71 Registered Users, Member 1,876 Posts
    Good luck to you @EProspectPhils.  Hope the newfound free time is filled with healthier habits.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Tdub71 said:
    whammo911 said: 
    Sorry guys... for realz my last post I’ll let sleeping dogs die....allstar20 free to a good home(pm me here) no line or fb anymore
    No reason to be sorry.. some people just like to be a c##kface on here 🤷🏻‍♂️ Don’t like what is posted don’t read it... I always like to hear why others leave the game and how they are doing afterwards etc. Thanks for posting. Good luck brother 🍀
    I also like to hear people's reasons for leaving, and wish all that do leave the best.  I just felt it was getting a little contentious, and tried to add my 2¢, and a bit of snarky humor to lighten the mood.  Obviously the humor did not translate as well as I hoped. 

Nah I always enjoy ur humor typically always lands 👍🏻 I know whammo was a long time player was way up on the all star list. So let him say what he wants u know.. We’ve given that same respect to all those who have quit before him. Why change now 🤷🏻‍♂️? Anyway enough said bout this. Cheers buddy 🍻 
    🍻
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @DFBB it probably sounds ridiculous to some people, and of course plenty of guys are tired of the whining and crying and boohoo and the quitters, but like @whammo911 so delicately tried to explain - there are a bunch of dudes legitimately addicted to wasting their money ☹️ it happens in plenty of games, and some people take it to the extreme and burn their whole life savings/lose their home/alienate their families/etc. If one guy can motivate another that's stuck in that weird cycle, it's totally worth it 😃👍🏻
    He actually reached out to me and we are good. Sometimes, things can escalate without ill intent from either side. I was serious when I said that if guys want to move on, it really is best/easier to leave everything behind. I can't imagine moving on and still being here. That said, that's just my perspective and often, things are more complicated so I do respect that. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited July 2020
    If I had spent this much money on Diablo - Reaper of Souls I would have kicked that games ass, and yet been in the same spot I am now.
    Cheeto stains on my underwear and mostly divorced.

So in the grand scheme of things at least im out of the house with a mobile game.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    2020KC said:
    If I had spent this much money on Diablo - Reaper of Souls I would have kicked that games ass, and yet been in the same spot I am now.
    Cheeto stains on my underwear and mostly divorced.

So in the grand scheme of things at least im out of the house with a mobile game.
    That game is so great.  Just played a little of it yesterday.  At least with D3 you don't have daily glu ups and everything works properly all the time.  Had that game since it came out six years ago and haven't had one problem.  If you've had TSB for six minutes you've already had two or more issues.
    Just no.  
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Any chance now that @retirepujols has called it quits he can talk the other Pujols into hanging it up?  🙏
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    whynot said:
    Any chance now that @retirepujols has called it quits he can talk the other Pujols into hanging it up?  🙏
    He hasn't responded to any of my messages...
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Maybe he needs this one...

• RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    whynot said:

Something tells me he’ll hang on through 2021...
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

3rd Blue Badge I've seems hang it up in the last week
    Another World Top 150 account went up for grabs today.  65,000 games played and hanging it up.

Great job GLU
    Another World Top 150 account went up for grabs today.  65,000 games played and hanging it up.

Great job GLU
    Ehhh doesn’t matter... all they care about are the whales 😉 

(sarcasm) 
    I am certainly not a whale.  I probably don't even qualify as plankton, but I made the decision to uninstall today.  I spend way too much time and energy on this hot mess, even though I managed to not spend the $.  With the obvious direction the game is going, it seems pointless to keep slogging through it.

I am sure I will drop in here occasionally to check in on the balsamic thread, or toss out a little snarky humor, but the game itself is no good for me anymore.  I may get bored enough to try again later in the year, but I honestly doubt it.

Good luck to all that keep going, and I genuinely hope it improves, but it doesn't seem promising.
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    They've lost tons of players. It's got to be apparent to them.

It's easily seen, not only here but when playing CVC matches. Half the matches our club plays, the other clubs don't even participate. Most of the time you look at the opposing club roster and it'll have 1-3guys in it with decent team strength and then 17 teams sitting on 20-40k which tells me these people haven't logged in for months.

~They've ruined WoH which was most people's favorite mode by nerfing rewards and ramping the difficulty way up from last year.
    ~They've ruined the balance of Bonus games which makes nobody play them except Diamond clubs. How can you win 99% of Prime games, yet lose 99% of Bonus games? 
    ~They ruined ads with the robot check trash.
    ~They ruined Dinger mode after the first week by taking boxes out of prizes and taking away prizes from non-yellow tracks by shortening them.
    ~They ruined the cash player bonus boxes by making the reward player well below roster making curve.
    ~They ruined the 30k fan rewards prizes from years past when you were guaranteed a decent player just for reaching that milestone
    ~They ruined the player boxes by insane odds of obtaining the top player at less than 1% pull rates.
  • fahhq2fahhq2 Registered Users, Member 850 Posts
    So what ur saying is TSB20 is running smoothly on all cylinders?😂
    edited July 2020
    They've lost tons of players. It's got to be apparent to them.

It's easily seen, not only here but when playing CVC matches. Half the matches our club plays, the other clubs don't even participate. Most of the time you look at the opposing club roster and it'll have 1-3guys in it with decent team strength and then 17 teams sitting on 20-40k which tells me these people haven't logged in for months.

~They've ruined WoH which was most people's favorite mode by nerfing rewards and ramping the difficulty way up from last year.
    ~They've ruined the balance of Bonus games which makes nobody play them except Diamond clubs. How can you win 99% of Prime games, yet lose 99% of Bonus games? 
    ~They ruined ads with the robot check trash.
    ~They ruined Dinger mode after the first week by taking boxes out of prizes and taking away prizes from non-yellow tracks by shortening them.
    ~They ruined the cash player bonus boxes by making the reward player well below roster making curve.
    ~They ruined the 30k fan rewards prizes from years past when you were guaranteed a decent player just for reaching that milestone
    ~They ruined the player boxes by insane odds of obtaining the top player at less than 1% pull rates.
    The importance here is the incrementalism of this all.  Every week its one more "tiny thing" against players.

People get fed up and sick of this.  THAT is what makes them quit.  GLU has an incredibly hostile relationship at the moment with its top players.  

This is why.  Every week....its one more thing...
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Before typing any of this, I just want to state that I realize I'm just pulling numbers out of my ass here. However, I think we really need to open ourselves to the possibility that Glu is not only catering to whales, but there is a huge investment of time & energy toward increasing revenue from small accounts.

There are realistically 30k small accounts out there that they're getting $10 per week or such and such from. That's $300k per week from small accounts.

If there are 50 "whales" out there spending $1k per week, then the small accounts actually dwarf that.

Glu's approach here may just be to get the small accounts spending $15 or $20 per week instead of $10 per week. Their absolute worst enemy is the portion of the user base that figures out how to effeciently gather resources through natural game play.

In an effort to increase spending from smaller accounts, they do things such as caping the amount of resources that can be gained through natural gameplay, and adding more small-to-mid-range bundles in the $1 to $30 price range (just a couple of many examples).

All that being said, of course they are catering to whales. But the things they need to do in order to increase revenue from the vast majority of users (small accounts) mostly just hurt the guys that grind. Sure, those guys spend too, but the more resources that can be gained through natural game play, the less those guys spend. They'll either spend more, or they'll quit. But its no matter to Glu as their target is the small accounts.

Anyway, just another perspective on this and possible reasoning as to the things they're doing.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Correct. The resource squeeze, especially with WoH, is the most glaring.

What is happening now is the customer cannot get even 5% back by playing the game of what they put in. In other words, it now costs the customer to not only build the roster, but to play the actual events. Building a great WoH team costs time and money, but for many that WAS an investment to help get resources later. No more. They want you paying for that too.

A great example of this greed is the Extra Bases BS: Go ahead and invest gold and resources into players you will only use once, for a net return of maybe a couple hundred gold IF you finish in the top 10 of the event. If you don't, you will see a net loss of both gold and resources.  So why play it?  I don't.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Another world Top 120 account quit today...

Keep it up GLU!  Those new "customer retention initiatives" you announced really seem to be working well
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    I often wonder if, as part of their Employee Retention activities, they have a "motivational" banner that hangs in the office that says "Rule #1: Frick The Customer! Rule #2: CS Never Knows What's Up" And so on...

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Before typing any of this, I just want to state that I realize I'm just pulling numbers out of my ass here. However, I think we really need to open ourselves to the possibility that Glu is not only catering to whales, but there is a huge investment of time & energy toward increasing revenue from small accounts.

There are realistically 30k small accounts out there that they're getting $10 per week or such and such from. That's $300k per week from small accounts.

If there are 50 "whales" out there spending $1k per week, then the small accounts actually dwarf that.

Glu's approach here may just be to get the small accounts spending $15 or $20 per week instead of $10 per week. Their absolute worst enemy is the portion of the user base that figures out how to effeciently gather resources through natural game play.

In an effort to increase spending from smaller accounts, they do things such as caping the amount of resources that can be gained through natural gameplay, and adding more small-to-mid-range bundles in the $1 to $30 price range (just a couple of many examples).

All that being said, of course they are catering to whales. But the things they need to do in order to increase revenue from the vast majority of users (small accounts) mostly just hurt the guys that grind. Sure, those guys spend too, but the more resources that can be gained through natural game play, the less those guys spend. They'll either spend more, or they'll quit. But its no matter to Glu as their target is the small accounts.

Anyway, just another perspective on this and possible reasoning as to the things they're doing.
    Dude you are way off. I have played in clubs where we have spent 50k a week combined easy. And these probably aren't even in the top 5 spending clubs in the game. 

A few top players here and there quit. For sure. Always been the way.

Some have quit this week, but that's dude to cove continued cheating. But they'll be back. Whales in general, mostly come back.

As I've said before, Glu relies on IAP more than almost any known game on the mobile market. The demographics are middle aged dudes like me with more money than sense. It's the perfect storm. Of that IAP, a huge chunk of that is made up of maybe a couple hundred players.  But these guys are dropping sick and I mean sick money. I'm guilty of what a lot would consider sick money and it's still nothing compared to some guys. 

And these players don't give a f**k about Woh being nerfed, not being able to cycle cap. Things the forum things Glu should care about. Gauntlets, whale on whale action and feeling on top of the games elite. That's all that matters. If you think moaning about Woh not being able to cycle cap will get you heard by glu, they are just lolz at you. If this is what you want. You are in the wrong game and should just leave now. There is more chance the few guys from Sparta and a couple of other clubs crying over cove and quitting will have more affect on Glu taking notice than anything else. But that's a completely different subject and nothing that would be beneficial to the majority of this forum.

This isn't popular I'm sure. But it's the truth.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Another world Top 120 account quit today...

They are dropping like flies this week!

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Are they going to remove Cove's name from the outfield wall?  How's he cheating?
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    edited July 2020
    FWIW I’ve taken over 2 VIP (As 18 and 20) accounts this week. I’m not selling them. I’m putting them to bed. This game is dying. The top 200 players can fight against themselves. That enjoyment is limited. 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts

Dude you are way off. I have played in clubs where we have spent 50k a week combined easy. And these probably aren't even in the top 5 spending clubs in the game. 

Some have quit this week, but that's dude to cove continued cheating. But they'll be back. Whales in general, mostly come back.

As I've said before, Glu relies on IAP more than almost any known game on the mobile market. The demographics are middle aged dudes like me with more money than sense. It's the perfect storm. Of that IAP, a huge chunk of that is made up of maybe a couple hundred players.  But these guys are dropping sick and I mean sick money. I'm guilty of what a lot would consider sick money and it's still nothing compared to some guys. 

And these players don't give a f**k about Woh being nerfed, not being able to cycle cap. Things the forum things Glu should care about. Gauntlets, whale on whale action and feeling on top of the games elite. That's all that matters. If you think moaning about Woh not being able to cycle cap will get you heard by glu, they are just lolz at you. If this is what you want. You are in the wrong game and should just leave now. There is more chance the few guys from Sparta and a couple of other clubs crying over cove and quitting will have more affect on Glu taking notice than anything else. But that's a completely different subject and nothing that would be beneficial to the majority of this forum.

Don't listen to Spoc, he doesn't know what he is talking about - just a troll, probably a fat one too. If Glu didn't care about the complaints on this forum and the other social outlets, they wouldn't of made the cycle changes from last week to this week (even though they still are way off base). DFBB confirmed it, many people complained on the social outlets, and Glu strove to make changes - they still missed the mark, but changes were made because people are frustrated and tired of the BS. And Glu absolutely cares about the smaller accounts, maybe not as much as the large accounts, but it absolutely drives a large enough portion of the games revenue to be a big deal if they continue to lose small to mid level vip players (heck even a 10% drop in revenue would be an issue as a manager of a business). 
    100% dying as is.. maybe they make changes to put her on life support? Idk.. but hope so. but as is the game is dying. Some are still in denial tho 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Don't listen to Spoc, he doesn't know what he is talking about - just a troll, probably a fat one too. If Glu didn't care about the complaints on this forum and the other social outlets, they wouldn't of made the cycle changes from last week to this week (even though they still are way off base). DFBB confirmed it, many people complained on the social outlets, and Glu strove to make changes - they still missed the mark, but changes were made because people are frustrated and tired of the BS. And Glu absolutely cares about the smaller accounts, maybe not as much as the large accounts, but it absolutely drives a large enough portion of the games revenue to be a big deal if they continue to lose small to mid level vip players (heck even a 10% drop in revenue would be an issue as a manager of a business). 

Great post @JEDDDOGGY. Based on my observation, small accounts are absolutely a priority. Look no further than the push on microtransactions. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.