Extra Bases Stupidity

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
Not a big fan of this new requirement of a certain number of players of a certain team for EB to unlock, but it’s an interesting concept and could actually be kinda cool. HOWEVER....... if the requirement are 2 players needed and if you don’t have them, why not make this requirement attainable from buying a box or two? Tonight’s are 2 SD players, but the box is for Eastern? How does one acquire these SD players? I haven’t checked the SPECIALS, so unaware about that. If you have a requirement, make it possible to attain it? 🤷‍♂️
Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Top progress reward includes stickers... It's not worth wasting time thinking about it 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Draft picks. I have zero Padre bats so yeah, I've been opening draft picks for awhile.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • CthomCthom Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Uh, go buy a scrub from collections for 10g.
  • superbaldy77superbaldy77 Registered Users, Member 144 Posts
    Nice catch, go to collections and repurchase previous SD player.
  • likenightlikenight Registered Users, Member 471 Posts
    I traded in my padres a couple days ago. 
    I can buy them back for 800 gold. 
    Yeah f that glu
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Just when you think they can’t possibly come up with something dumber than their previous whatever idiot dumb decision/change.  Nope! They go full retard! 👏 
    I’ve said this a hundred times they need some outsourcing help.. like someone that actually plays the game and maybe has 2 brain cells to rub together 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    edited July 2020
    So this I found a way around, I went into my collections and found my lowest 2 padres and re-bought them for 25 gold each...I figure Im getting the gold back so why not
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    What’s strange about it is that they are a missing a monetizing opportunity. Perhaps this is the beta test and next week we’ll see you need these specific players you can buy now to play EB. As it is it’s still yet another game mode where you could get some decent resources from simply playing the game weakened.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    samtheman said:
    What’s strange about it is that they are a missing a monetizing opportunity. Perhaps this is the beta test and next week we’ll see you need these specific players you can buy now to play EB. As it is it’s still yet another game mode where you could get some decent resources from simply playing the game weakened.
    How's that??...there's a Padres draft pick for 300 gold in the store and you are guaranteed a shitty padres player, with only one 5 Star player with hideous odds.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Re: gated EB and keeping players around...

It would be one thing if the app didn't slow to unchurnable butter with nearly all your inactives full and you didn't have to worry about newly pulled players being automatically traded-in when those inactives are full. But the collections thing shouldn't have ever happened considering you can't buy back (though who ever would) players that you have owned for the whole season though they are listed because they were traded in prior to this version being released. They either should be available for re-purchase or not be visible at all. This also I am sure removes the "one-time courtesy" CS allowed for mistaken trade-ins. Just Glu answering a question no one has asked...
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

This is beyond stupid. Anything that involves a net negative for gold/resources for me to play, I am going to pass on. Spend 600-900 gold plus resources to win some stickers, 200 gold, and maybe 1/3 of resources you put in players you will dump.

No thanks.

Everything is getting expensive now. This is getting to be way too much.

If they have really taken away the ability to cycle cap WoH, my time here (thankfully) is almost done!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

There was no Padre pick in my menu this morning. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Draft picks. I have zero Padre bats so yeah, I've been opening draft picks for awhile.
    I need to open my eyes before I post, didn’t look at draft picks. Ah well...
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    samtheman said:

Go to the draft pick section of your team upgrade option, scroll to the bottom, and you will see a special Padres only draft box for 300 gold. You can draft one of several crappy players that you will dump after the event.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Why in the blue hell did you guys buy the Padres box when the collections thing is there now?   I needed 1 crappy Padre I bought for 10g and I'm going to get max progress and a top250 or 500 finish for 10g and some time.

You guys made this way too difficult.  I posted last night exact what to do.
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Not all of us have a 10gold option in collections. My lowest was 300 and 800.
    samtheman said:

Go to the draft pick section of your team upgrade option, scroll to the bottom, and you will see a special Padres only draft box for 300 gold. You can draft one of several crappy players that you will dump after the event.
    I looked first thing expecting that they had done just that but I certainly didn’t see it. Could be I needed to scroll a little further.
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Cthom said:
    Why in the blue hell did you guys buy the Padres box when the collections thing is there now?   I needed 1 crappy Padre I bought for 10g and I'm going to get max progress and a top250 or 500 finish for 10g and some time.

And this is exactly the way to go. My 2 cheapest collection options were 10 gold a piece, leveled them to b10 (not sure that was necessary), manually played all my entries, and hit all progress tiers and finished top 100. Well worth the 20 gold investment.

Now if you don’t have cheap options (10 gold or 25 gold) in collections, I’d say sit it out and try your luck next time around.
  • Icemz7Icemz7 Registered Users, Member 32 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I opened all of mine and couldn’t get a single one :/
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I just opened about 40 late round picks, got two Padre scrubs, and used my entries to hit 3m. I’m anything but a Glu apologist, but this was not a difficult obstacle to work around. 
    KCTribe said:
    Cthom said:

And this is exactly the way to go. My 2 cheapest collection options were 10 gold a piece, leveled them to b10 (not sure that was necessary), manually played all my entries, and hit all progress tiers and finished top 100. Well worth the 20 gold investment.

Now if you don’t have cheap options (10 gold or 25 gold) in collections, I’d say sit it out and try your luck next time around.
    I think the key with the collections stuff available is to churn the heck out of WOH.  You'll get tons of second and late round picks you will open and churn BUT will be available in collections for cheap rebuy when they pull this again.
    Also, we know glu guys.  The fact that the odds on getting a Padre on unopened picks you accumulated was no fluke.  Better to open them when you get them when the odds aren't tinkered with now that we know the game.
  • H2BZH2BZ Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I think it is a challenging new wrinkle. Got mine out of my WOH acquired draft picks. EB is great for the 200 gold
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I recommend keeping 150 draft picks if you want to pull 2 hitters from the same team.
    We are all beta testers
    I recommend keeping 150 draft picks if you want to pull 2 hitters from the same team.
    See I'm convinced that if you pull during the event they reduce the odds significantly on getting that team and increase the odds significantly of pulling a pitcher because....Glu.
  • Xcov3xXcov3x Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    My team is better than all y’all teams 
  • Sully138Sully138 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I bought 2 scrubs for 20g.