TSB20: We Lost A Lot Of Good Men Out There

Comments

• spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    @trojanman999 Fat? Me? Nah you confusing me with your fat wife and kids dude.

Look into the business model. Learn a bit a bout how various types of apps work based on the demographics. This is very much built around the whale model. Much like something hugely successful like game of throne conquests which also sits in that category of a few hundred players bringing in a huge , huge chunk of all IAP.

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

@spoc84: Dude, he didn't insult your family. All he called you was a troll, and a fat one. Does not at all imply that you are personally fat. Hell, when it comes to WoH, I'm a jabba the hut troll.

There can be scenario where both you and @troganman999 are both right. Based on @DFBB's feedback, and what I've seen in the store, I would agree. Seems like this year there are way more $.99 and $1.99 offers coming out. I know I get some really nice ones if I don't spend anything at all for several weeks. Last week, for the second time this year, I was offered 1K gold and some helmets for $1.99. I'd buy that every day if they offered it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited July 2020
    I played in a superclub for quite a long time, and I think most of you guys that have known me on here for the past 3 years know that (and probably know which club it was and so on and so forth) and it is quite obvious that sproc has never played for, and likely not even came close to sniffing the jock strap of a top club. The numbers he's throwing out and the way he thinks superclubs are structured and how they operate makes that very obvious. For whatever reason (which I can guess), he still hasn't been able to tell us who is he and what club he plays for. 

I can browse the top 15, 20 or so of the world rankings and pick out several of those guys that I have interacted with personally, whether it be that I played in a club with them for a long time or been in evo and other chats with them for months/years on end, who don't have the attitude of  "oh, well... I'll just spend $100k on the game instead of $50k, no big deal"

I can go down the list of the world rankings and probably 50% of those guys I would classify as "grinders" even if they are spending $500 or more per week. Again, I know a lot of them quite well.

Another "whale VIP" team just popped up for sale on Facebook this morning. That makes several in the last few days. People are unhappy. In case sproc gets it twisted, I should rephrase-- people *that matter* are unhappy. He just sounds like a big ass baby.

SMDH

• 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Speaking from the standpoint of all of the rest of us non deformed fat trolls (I mean that as lovingly as possible) 
    Little accounts matter 100% I have myself been enticed by the little offers of .99 cent chances at players and $1.99 bundles if I had leftover on my account after field pass, more and more as people stop spending it will effect the bottom line for this shit stain of a company. The whales are fading away, if us christmas and easter players (if you are catholic you get my meaning here) stop too eventually change has to come.

I might reach out to cove however and see if he would like to give me his team.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • Xcov3xXcov3x Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    No 
  • shanestrawnshanestrawn Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    Glu is getting mo ey hungry.... I rarely get on anymore and havnt spend a dime in about a month and a half.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I don’t know if anyone cares, but I deleted the app today. VIP account, been playing for 5+ years. Tipping point for me was that I spent $60 this week, plus over 40k gold I had accumulated, and didn’t pull one guy who helped my team and didn’t complete one set. It’s just too expensive to be good. And I hate being bad. So it was my time. 

Really hope I don’t relapse, but improbably will. Sigh. Good luck to all. 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    I don’t know if anyone cares, but I deleted the app today. VIP account, been playing for 5+ years. Tipping point for me was that I spent $60 this week, plus over 40k gold I had accumulated, and didn’t pull one guy who helped my team and didn’t complete one set. It’s just too expensive to be good. And I hate being bad. So it was my time. 

Really hope I don’t relapse, but improbably will. Sigh. Good luck to all. 
    good luck man, wish you the best
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

This game is getting too expensive even for someone like me who doesn't want to chase club rankings daily. All I want to play is Royale, WoH, and slugfest.

WoH is ruined bc they don't want us getting free resources, and the slugfest rewards now suck. Only thing I look forward to now is HR competitions. After that dies off, I'm done as well.  Will finish out the year due to the VIP investment, but the direction this is going is just too much.

Once everything opens back up again and I have other things to spend time and money on, TSB will be put away. If it wasn't such an obvious money grab with terrible customer service, I'd likely hang on longer.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

This game is getting too expensive even for someone like me who doesn't want to chase club rankings daily. All I want to play is Royale, WoH, and slugfest.

WoH is ruined bc they don't want us getting free resources, and the slugfest rewards now suck. Only thing I look forward to now is HR competitions. After that dies off, I'm done as well.  Will finish out the year due to the VIP investment, but the direction this is going is just too much.

Once everything opens back up again and I have other things to spend time and money on, TSB will be put away. If it wasn't such an obvious money grab with terrible customer service, I'd likely hang on longer.

HR Battles are already dead! You cant get matchups 99% of the time because so many people have stopped playing the game already. The only time you can get a matchup now is when they make it a requirement for the daily challenges on Thursday around 7pm-9pm.
    https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/08/05/why-glu-mobile-stock-dropped-13-after-earnings.aspx

Shares of mobile games-maker Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) dropped sharply on their first day of trading following fiscal second-quarter earnings yesterday evening, falling 13.1% through 1:30 p.m. EDT.  

Analysts had forecast that Glu would report a profit of $0.08 per share for the quarter and revenue of $165.3 million. As it turned out, Glu missed on both points. Sales came in at only $133.3 million, and the company lost $0.05 per share for the quarter.  

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    So now we can expect even more items that cost and less things to actually help the customer. Their mind set this year is completely backwards. They aren’t finding ways to engage the customers, they are instead just driving people away with an inferior product followed up with more changes to try to get people to pay more.
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    I guess were not all in this together 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Can’t we all just get along?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    You're probably right 🤔 I'm kind of committed now, though @whynot
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    You're probably right 🤔 I'm kind of committed now, though @whynot
    😂😂😂😂😂
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/08/05/why-glu-mobile-stock-dropped-13-after-earnings.aspx

Shares of mobile games-maker Glu Mobile (NASDAQ:GLUU) dropped sharply on their first day of trading following fiscal second-quarter earnings yesterday evening, falling 13.1% through 1:30 p.m. EDT.  

Analysts had forecast that Glu would report a profit of $0.08 per share for the quarter and revenue of $165.3 million. As it turned out, Glu missed on both points. Sales came in at only $133.3 million, and the company lost $0.05 per share for the quarter.  

Can you imagine, 133M of revenue in 3 months on mobile games and you can’t generate net profit out of this. This alone shows you how great their management is.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Kind of strange too with their CS.  Clearly that's not costing a ton.
    The 0.05 loss per share is a very big number.

Since mobile games are essentially SaaS, I'm unsure how it would even be possible to lose a nickel per share.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Probably those damn auto-tappers going through an ad every 90 seconds without watching!
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Welllllllll.....fiddlesticks...
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    The 0.05 loss per share is a very big number.

Since mobile games are essentially SaaS, I'm unsure how it would even be possible to lose a nickel per share.
    I haven't went through their earnings transcript or press release but the amount of TAP sports commercials I see while watching Yankees games is insane. Literally Michael kay mentions it every game 2-3x a game. I would imagine that's where their money is being spent @JEDDDOGGY
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    spoc84 said:
    Dude you are way off. I have played in clubs where we have spent 50k a week combined easy.
    Why?
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    criffy said:
    spoc84 said:
    Dude you are way off. I have played in clubs where we have spent 50k a week combined easy.
    Why?

said:
    spoc84 said:
    Why?
    Cause they’re morons!
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    criffy said:
    spoc84 said:
    Why?
    Unfortunately you will be hard pressed to get a response from @spoc84. I heard he’s in a rehab facility in Cali after the 3rd mortgage on his house he could no longer hang w the BIG dogs 🐕 🤷🏻‍♂️ 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    😂😂😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Add me to the long list.  App has been deleted.  No long speech, just should have stuck to my guns and never downloaded 2020 version, lol.  I’ll still poke my head in here from time to time.  Thank you to all the people on here for everything, it’s truly been a pleasure chatting/laughing/complaining with all of you.  Good luck out there!  👊

P.S. **** you to every part of Glu, small and big 🖕
    edited August 2020
    Another 2 long time players quit today... they spent a bunch of gold and got nothing but 350 players. Said they can't deal with the BS from glu any longer with the box odds getting worse every week and the other said they are downright rigged (predetermined). Very sad.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Add me to the long list.  App has been deleted.  No long speech, just should have stuck to my guns and never downloaded 2020 version, lol.  I’ll still poke my head in here from time to time.  Thank you to all the people on here for everything, it’s truly been a pleasure chatting/laughing/complaining with all of you.  Good luck out there!  👊

P.S. **** you to every part of Glu, small and big 🖕
    My recommendation? Quit this site ASAP and don’t check it ever again. The more connections to the game you keep up, the sooner you’ll be back playing. Happened to me. Me quitting lasted like a day, although I have reduced spending by not playing in big clubs anymore. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Good luck @More2Most2First! Glad you found the light. 👍🏻 Still searching 😳