WoH 8/3/20: What Frickery Will Be On Display Today? I Would Do Anything For WOH, But I Won't Do That

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Thought about creating a poll, but decided that it would be more fun to start with a song dedicated to WoH, then allow everyone to put in their idea on how GLU will screw over everyone today with their signature event.

My guess? Another stupid expectation of clearing at least 10 times to win one amount of PxP. Another fourth or fifth tier player will be the reward. No cycle capping, of course. Not only will the player be lower, but they will also nerf their skills so they are useless.  So, basically the crap we saw last week! Thanks, greedy GLU! 

With that, below is the Doc's tribute to the new WoH format.

Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and remember the good times while this song plays in the background. Also, it helps with the rhyming crap if you pronounce WoH like "Woah" in your head. Just a nice pointer

And I would do anything for WoH
I'd even skip my nap
I would do anything for WoH
If I could just cycle cap

But I'll never forget the way i feel right now,
Oh no, no way
And I would do anything for WoH, but I won't do that
No, I won't do that

Mondays it don't come easy
On Royale it don't come hard
Tuesdays and Thursdays it don't come at all, and these are the days that never end
And some rounds your bats on fire
And in closing rounds they're cold as ice,

But the set up now makes me not want to play again....

And maybe I'm crazy...awe frick it, we know it's true

Only GLU can save me, but we know what they'll do

As long as the wheels of death are turning
As long as our wallets are burning
They'll just bend us over
You'd better believe it, our a$$es they will screw.

Some days I pray for no curve outs
Everyday, I want to win it all
Some days I just want throw my phone against a wall...

Yeah I'm pretty lonely, that's what GLU wants me to be,
They want me to avoid my family, just feed my addiction to TSB

Anything for WoH
Some spend their entire paycheck
And I would do anything for WoH, that's a fact

[GLU]
Will you pay up or will you let us down?
Will you play all day and spend all your blue cash?
We have a nice bundle in the store to replace your stash!

[Sucker]
I can do that
I can do that

[GLU]
Will you try to cycle 20 times?
Will you put up with the programmed outs,

And the constant crashing on final rounds?

[Sucker]
I can do that
Oh no, I can do that

[GLU]
We know your addictions, we've been around
Our analytics team will keep you down,
Sooner or later you'll get mad and won't be found...

[Sucker]
I won't do that
No, I won't do that

Anything for love but I won't do that

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev13

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    No I won't do that.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Given your above tribute, thought I would share from another post:

I heard today's WOH prize is a super special edition 310 max prime "retro" player you get on the 20th cycle. Level 5 prize is 10 franchise coins and 100,000 energy drinks, and on the 10th cycle they also put in 1 LXP. Enjoy all!
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    @drsmartassphd Props for the Meat Loaf tribute!
    Most of the weekend, I was not able to get double video boost or video replay for Bash or CVC and that continued this morning with ExtraBases, so I expect those frustrations to continue today with WoH.
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Next week doc you can pull out George Harrison’s “got my mind set on you”. And insert glu for you.  The rest of the lyrics work sadly.
    is the difficulty the same as last week? im trying to decide whether to do 3 cycles or 10, but im leaning heavily towards 3

Who cares? 10 is too many still. I will likely stop at 2 or 3 knowing I can't cycle cap a crappy reward anyway

I could do 10 with my gold team, but like you said, I'm not married to TSB.

Just put it back the way it was so everyone can play like they want. This is absurd.

• ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Mind linking the bum reward for those who refuse to log in 🙂
  • ESTXXLESTXXL Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Got on pro level1 no problems, two same,  three  complete level andddd circle of death. Making it a part of daily challenge is glitch sports just trolling at this point. It's not a coincidence just like video boosts. POS sub Atari graphics and gameplay I can live with but ehh wallet is closed.
    Yeah my game is magically skipping now on 5.8. Going to reboot the app and hope it doesn't crash on 5.9 or 5.10. Weird how that is so consistent.

Welp. I got GLUed.

5.9, tie it at 5-5, winning run on third, one out. Chapman proceeds to throw me six unhittable "strikes".

Extra innings. hit, cheat out, hit, cheat out, cheat out. I "lose".

Vide reboot, game crashes.

No way in heck I can cycle five times like this much less ten. Frick you, GLU.

• ESTXXLESTXXL Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    I out of pure spite cycled 5 (actually 8 counting app crash) and I am done. For a three day player that doesn't even make batboy.  Glutton for punishment I guess lol.
    I can't get cycle two in bc the stupid thing crashed again after I beat 4.10.

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    With all the sh*t this game saves on the server, why can't it save WoH progress so when it inevitably crashes on 3-5.10, you don't have to replay the whole level?  So many little stupid things about this game.

And they still aren't giving out the 2K PxP reward on second cycle, nor is the BxP player getting the proper bump to go with it.

Another thing they need to fix that would benefit the customer, but they won't.

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts

And they still aren't giving out the 2K PxP reward on second cycle, nor is the BxP player getting the proper bump to go with it.

Another thing they need to fix that would benefit the customer, but they won't.

Yeah even the unlocked in lineup trick didn't work 

Nope nothing works.

AAAaaaaannnndddd it just crashed on 4.10 again. I got two cycles in. I'm done. This isn't worth it. They refuse to fix the errors and they are making the reward worse each week.

Good luck everyone

• Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    My 360 Perez did not promote from D3 to D4 on my 4th cycle. This is multiple WOH events of this happening and it is absolutely unacceptable. Repull resources are some of the most valuable resources in the game and that is why people pursue them. People spend a great deal of gold and time doing so. This should not be that difficult of a fix. Now I have to get an 11th cycle in to max Perez (assuming it does not happen again which it probably will) aside from being screwed out of the resources. 

Mondays are enough of a grind as it is. FIX THIS. 

I just heard back from CS: They aren't going to fix it unless you supply a screenshot.

Taking a flipping screenshot after doing ANYTHING in this game is becoming cumbersome. I'm not getting paid by GLU at all to help fix their screw ups. I'm paying GLU to get screwed.

CS rep says with no screenshot, there is no reward. Unreal.

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited August 2020

I just heard back from CS: They aren't going to fix it unless you supply a screenshot.

Taking a flipping screenshot after doing ANYTHING in this game is becoming cumbersome. I'm not getting paid by GLU at all to help fix their screw ups. I'm paying GLU to get screwed.

I've gotten in the habit of screenshoting almost everything in this game.  Thats how little faith I have in their coding at the moment

Now part of my weekly routine going through and deleting 30-40 screens from each week

Well I've been burned MANY times even with screenshots. When I sent them screenshots of rewards I didn't get when Daily Dinger crashed, I was told to eff myself.

This isn't an accident. This is just part of the current resource squeeze.

edited August 2020
    I've played probably 10 to 15 mobile games on at least a semi-regular basis since those started becoming a thing. This is the only game for which I have had to contact customer service on literally a weekly basis. 

Outside of TSB I can only think of 1 or 2 times I ever had to contact customer service for another game. 
    Agreed 1000000%. There are about five mobile apps I play daily, this one is by far the most expensive, and by far the worst performing.  I've only had to contact CS on the others once or twice. Was immediately fixed and or compensated for what I didn't get.  With GLU, they don't want to give you anything. It is all take.

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts

Wow. Paying them to f.uck you. That's a f.ucked up way to prostitute yourself🤔
    It's downright painful trying to explain the game to people whose job is literally to troubleshoot the game.
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    I figured I would just combine every repull into one ticket and ask for the repull xp. Easier to explain and higher chance of getting it. It still should just be fixed to begin with, but that's beside the point.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I've gotten in the habit of screenshoting almost everything in this game.  Thats how little faith I have in their coding at the moment

Now part of my weekly routine going through and deleting 30-40 screens from each week
    Exactly what I do. Sad state of affairs when a customer MUST do this to protect Their interests/rewards, etc. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I had the same issue last weekend with Royale, they literally don't try to understand your request like yeah duh I continued to play that's how my player got from P10 to D1.  I didn't do much HoF today smashing pro to finish leveling the Jones I got this weekend and I don't have to worry if the crappy Soler levels up or not, at least he'll be a placeholder till I get something better (only 1 player capped at diamond right now.)

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Can’t beat it with my gold team, dropped my last 25k gold unsuccessfully trying to get the guy I needed to beat it (Mondesi) after blowing the rest previous weeks trying to get others. Can’t afford to go plat so done.  Adios. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    It's downright painful trying to explain the game to people whose job is literally to troubleshoot the game.
    I got the same answer last week. Screen shots with proof don’t matter to them. I sent in another ticket today and sometime tomorrow they will respond with the same thing. They don’t actually read the ticket so they have no idea there is a bug and they have no interest in actually fixing the problem. It’s quite frustrating. For me, I’ve beat WOH 6 times today, and it’s only upgraded the player twice (3rd and 5th win). So I am missing two levels plus the BXP. Not to mention, 6K in PXP so far. 
  • Punkers777Punkers777 Registered Users, Member 236 Posts
    Same thing happened to me on my second cycle. Got bxp Pérez to S10 after my first cycle, then didn't get the repull credit or the 2k pxp.