Options

Can it be ?????

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
WoH Tower level 5.10: trailing 5-6, Whit Merrifield at the plate, runners on second and third, no outs.  Whit hits a comebacker to the mound and THE RUNNER STAYED AT THIRD!!!!!!  Single next AB for the win.  

Was this a glitch or a fix to the AI?

Comments

• Options
    iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    I haven't had that happen yet, but today I had a guy beat out an infield single for the first time in TSB '20 (not the swinging bunt down the third base line - a slow grounder to short).
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • Options
    sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    edited August 2020
    xracman said:
    WoH Tower level 5.10: trailing 5-6, Whit Merrifield at the plate, runners on second and third, no outs.  Whit hits a comebacker to the mound and THE RUNNER STAYED AT THIRD!!!!!!  Single next AB for the win.  

Was this a glitch or a fix to the AI?
    No. The defense only throws home when it's the winning run or a force at the plate. If you are down a run, they will always throw to first. A runner on 3rd will stay in that situation and the computer won't throw home. They take the out at first. Now, had you been tied 6-6, then the runner would have gone home and they would have thrown home for the out. It's one of the reason if I'm tied and there are less than 2 outs and I have a runner on 3rd, I won't even swing. You can't win on that pitch and only something bad can happen.