v1.2.2. Patch Notes

[Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
edited September 2020 in General TSB Discussion
Howdy howdy.  I meant to get this up yesterday, but as usual with our releases, some things got in the way.

In our attempt to more transparent to you, our dedicated users, I'll post release notes whenever we update. 

1.2.2 is what we call a microupdate.  There's no new featuring or modes to speak of; we just did some tuning to enrich the gameplay experience and fix some commonly reported issues.  Also note that not every update is one size fits all.  Some devices are just better than others, and that's the unfortunate reality we deal with when it comes to mobile gaming.

So here they are:

1.2.2 - Released July 20, 2020
  • Daily Dinger Target Zones Adjusted
    Users reported multiple cases if balls that seemingly were within the scoring zone but didn't register points.  Because all the action in TSB takes place behind one camera, plenty of "edge hits" that really weren't on target weren't counted.  We've adjusted some of the camera settings a bit in attempt to avoid such edge cases.
  • Field Pass Bonuses Fixed
    Multiple users reported cases of Field Pass Bonuses not working. We cleaned up some of the back end stuff to ensure that it should be working properly now.
  • Quick Level Up Fixed
    Multiple users reported cases of Balls not being rewarded after leveling up.  That's been fixed.
  • Other fixes to improve stability and speed.
Hope these shed some light on the update.  Note that this is not an auto-update and you will have to go into the App Store or Google Play to ensure that you're on the latest version of TSB. As usual, if you have any bugs or feedback to report, put them in the right forum.  I usually put them in my report to the devs on Monday nights.  If it's more pressing, DM me, and I usually bring it to the attention of the devs as soon as I see them.

Hope you're ready for some real baseball, because that's where the real fun begins!

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Thank you! Now if only the All Star boosts can be fixed without having to screenshot everything and making a Tuesday-Saturday ticket with CS, who say the “team” is aware, but nothing has been done since 3% boost became active. In other words, months!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Thanks for the update.  This is the kind of communication we are thirsty for
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Really appreciate this. Thanks 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Really appreciate this. Thanks 
    Hopefully it doesn’t put a damper on those glitches you got going Cheater Tyrone
  • UnderdogsUnderdogs Users Awaiting Email Confirmation, Member 35 Posts
    @blueleopard: There's no way I can prove this, but there's been multiple cases where points were not registered in Dinger and it was not an edge case. In fact, the ball was perfectly down the middle. I've experienced it at least three times where the shadow of the ball goes perfect down the middle of the red zone and it does not register in the yellow zone at all. Some of my club mates have experienced this as well. Just something for you to look into. Thanks!
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Why is there still a constant 61% loading issue on every game played. This across both IOs and Droids. It really slows the game, unless this was intentionally done?
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    edited July 2020
    We we need to have a forum member volunteer to be the official voice of the QA team (customers) to continue to point out the flaws. 
    The amount of money GLU saves/profits by having customers pay them to QA their product must be part of the business plan. 
    Whoever is appointed should get some boxes or something. 

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited July 2020
    Congratulations @drsmartassphd, you are now the official voice of our QA team! We all have faith in you!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • CthomCthom Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    This patch blows. My phone is burning hot, it's eating battery like nobody's business and after ever WOH win it I get the spinning icon on the rewards screen and Ihave to reboot every time.
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    I'm getting the spinning icon after every WOH win too. Makes it unplayable.
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Underdogs said:
    @blueleopard: There's no way I can prove this, but there's been multiple cases where points were not registered in Dinger and it was not an edge case. In fact, the ball was perfectly down the middle. I've experienced it at least three times where the shadow of the ball goes perfect down the middle of the red zone and it does not register in the yellow zone at all. Some of my club mates have experienced this as well. Just something for you to look into. Thanks!
    I'm a little less inclined to believe that something down the middle wouldn't register, but as I mentioned--we just made slight adjustments.  I didn't say anything regarding DD was fixed. Screenshots and videos help if you ever come across this again, preferably consistently.

To address the 61% issue, for most of these cases it's a result of the amount of active games you have.  End those games by completing or resigning from them and you'll see better performance.  Dropping a ticket to CS requesting that they delete all your games should also help.
    Underdogs said:
    I'm a little less inclined to believe that something down the middle wouldn't register, but as I mentioned--we just made slight adjustments.  I didn't say anything regarding DD was fixed. Screenshots and videos help if you ever come across this again, preferably consistently.

To address the 61% issue, for most of these cases it's a result of the amount of active games you have.  End those games by completing or resigning from them and you'll see better performance.  Dropping a ticket to CS requesting that they delete all your games should also help.
    Sending CS screenshots of DD rewards I didn’t get bc the stupid game crashed did NOTHING. They made the same effing BS excuse and told me it was somehow my fault. I’m at the point where I bet I haven’t been rewarded at least 4K in gold from DD bc it crashes.

This really sucks. We pay a lot of money to get screwed like this

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• CthomCthom Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Tired of my phone overheating from this ap. This patch is simply brutal.
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    This company is the Great Value brand(Walmart) of the mobile gaming community. The app devs are the ones that no other company would hire. It's quite clear with the problems that they just can't finger out. Keep adding features to the game without fixing the problems with the features you already tried to create but you aren't smart enough to make work correctly. Bargain basement app asking for premium amounts of money. 

Game STILL consistently crashes on the last rounds of WoH, then doesn't pay out the proper rewards. There are threads about this WEEKLY.

Now CS wants a damn screenshot for everything we do.  It sucks we pay a premium to play this game, and have to take a screenshot of everything we do bc the game will crash, we won't get rewards, or both.

I don't know how the hell you guys haven't been sued to oblivion and back yet.

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    It’s not that hard to take a SS. There’s even a button on your app for that reason.  It’s just part of the game now
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Cthom said:
    Tired of my phone overheating from this ap. This patch is simply brutal.
    I wouldn't say it's the patch.  It has more to do with the game engine we run on (Unity).  We've seen similar complaints Glu-wide with our other big titles, and it's something we bring up as much as you guys.

Great. Now what about the horrid customer service, and the rewards we aren't getting? Many threads about this same thing over and over every week. NOTHING is being done about any of it.

This game is all take and no give anymore.