How about August VIP gifts?

25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
Do ya think we will get VIP gifts tomorrow  or next Friday. Hopefully more PXP and another Prime? Maybe 400 Prime?

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Tomorrow is July 31....

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Tomorrow is July 31....
    And that’s why you have the “PHD”. 
  • spoc84spoc84 Registered Users, Member 202 Posts
    Likely tomorrow. Near the end of last season or maybe the start of this one? When it was Friday 31st or 30th (last day of the month anyway) they gave us the main VIP gift. Then the newsletter the next week.

There is no gauntlet this weekend I believe from what I am told, so that's another reason they will likely give it early on a 'nothing' prime weekend.
  • 25Jackie25Jackie Registered Users, Member 245 Posts
    You so smart!Through the years since before phd time they have  come early on short weeks. Sometimes they tell you sometimes  not.So Thanks !for updating my calendar. So today is the 30th?! Now I'm  ok!!  Thanks Mr spoc84.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    There was definitely a month this year where they came early so I think it is possible.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Ive com..never mind sometimes I forget we get censored here.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    Well my sincere apologies. I've only been VIP for one month, and was told it was the first Friday of every month. Lots of folks don't realize July and Aug both have 31 days in the month, thus my comment. I'll be sure to be an ass next time.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Well my sincere apologies. I've only been VIP for one month, and was told it was the first Friday of every month. Lots of folks don't realize July and Aug both have 31 days in the month, thus my comment. I'll be sure to be an ass next time.
    I still use the knuckle trick to remember how many days each month has.  But I didn’t even have to look on the calendar or my hand this time. Thanks Doc!  We’d be lost without your time telling techniques 

NP. For what it's worth, I hope Jackie is right and we get the gifts today.

Remind me one day to teach everyone how to sail without a compass.

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts

Isn’t Glu already teaching us that?
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    tshea510 said:

Isn’t Glu already teaching us that?
    Kinda.... more like how to navigate your way in this game using your prison wallet as currency. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I’m guessing no one got them yet? 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Nope! They can’t even d that right 🤦🏻‍♂️ 
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Nope! They can’t even d that right 🤦🏻‍♂️ 
    I mean.... it’s always been the first Friday of the month not the day of the month idk what’s so hard to understand the concept 🤷🏽‍♂️ Yet have been nice enough to hand them out early before doesn’t mean they are always going to do it. After all it is glu we are taking about here   
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Anyone complaining about not getting VIP gifts today, is not thinking clearly.  I’m ecstatic we didn’t get them today, for 2 reasons:

1.  This weekend’s boxes are terrible and I’d rather get free boxes from next weekend, which I can’t imagine will be any worse, though they could be equally as bad.  I guess this one is a crapshoot really, lol.

2.  Next weekend is a Royale and I would MUCH prefer getting the VIP gifts for a Royale weekend, than a crappy Prime weekend!  For this reason, I was actually pleasantly surprised that Glu didn’t minimize the value of the VIP gifts, by giving them to us now.
    I agree with More2MostFirst both points. Boxes are crappy this week and Royale is  next week. 

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Legends were released at this time last year next week. 🤞
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Your right they were but it’s highly doubtful thou since this years been a huge shit show and how late primes were released as well I highly doubt legends will be released same time as last year and will be delayed longer as well as atgs. What I do hope they do is finally add Cooperstown back like last year in the august Update thou  
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Your right they were but it’s highly doubtful thou since this years been a huge shit show and how late primes were released as well I highly doubt legends will be released same time as last year and will be delayed longer as well as atgs. What I do hope they do is finally add Cooperstown back like last year in the august Update thou  
    Agree.. I don’t expect to see legends next week tho I hope so. I figure we are about a month behind last years pace considering primes were released at 380 instead of 370. So likely we are a month from legends 😕 

Not to mention there is no LxP available at this time...

UGH. I know what that means.

Not to mention there is no LxP available at this time...

UGH. I know what that means.

More overly lengthy grievances from the Doc?
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Some behind the scenes stuff:

It's always on the First Friday of the Month.

Yes, there was that one time we gave it out on the 31st.  The reason that happened was because the person that helps the VIP Newsletter writer with the gifts was on PTO the week they were supposed to go out.  The idea of having the newsletter go out early was also discussed, but of course the person that does the newsletter was out that week. 

It was also kind of a last-minute decision and that newsletter takes at least week to prep.

I hope that sheds some light on your discussion. :)
    Thank you for that clarification Blue...