WoH 8/3/20: What Frickery Will Be On Display Today? I Would Do Anything For WOH, But I Won't Do That

Comments

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    I also put it in the bug report section because Blue usually takes those first for his reports. 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    It's downright painful trying to explain the game to people whose job is literally to troubleshoot the game.
    I got the same answer last week. Screen shots with proof don’t matter to them. I sent in another ticket today and sometime tomorrow they will respond with the same thing. They don’t actually read the ticket so they have no idea there is a bug and they have no interest in actually fixing the problem. It’s quite frustrating. For me, I’ve beat WOH 6 times today, and it’s only upgraded the player twice (3rd and 5th win). So I am missing two levels plus the BXP. Not to mention, 6K in PXP so far. 
    Infuriating. I've actually resorted to trading in my Prime Salvador before each time that he's about to be "repulled" because him being repulled is what seems to trigger the failure on the 360 being leveled. It hasn't failed for me when he's initially pulled or the intermediate win between the 2 cycle award.
    edited August 2020
    I don't think they seem to have a really good understanding of just how damaging of a mistake this is for players. Those of them that are even aware that it exists seem to treat this like it's just a small annoyance that they'll get around to patching when they can. 

The reality is that for Diamond teams that rely on repull strategy as a major building block of their team, it is an enormous loss of resources. 

I am not sure that I have found a rep on this who even grasps what I am talking about. Their answers to me have been all over the place,  anywhere from "he didn't upgrade because he's just a one time reward" to "he WAS upgraded later!" (Well, no crap).
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I don't think they seem to have a really good understanding of just how damaging of a mistake this is for players. Those of them that are even aware that it exists seem to treat this like it's just a small annoyance that they'll get around to patching when they can. 

The reality is that for Diamond teams that rely on repull strategy as a major building block of their team, it is an enormous loss of resources. 

I am not sure that I have found a rep on this who even grasps what I am talking about. Their answers to me have been all over the place,  anywhere from "he didn't upgrade because he's just a one time reward" to "he WAS upgraded later!" (Well, no crap).
    The first week, I got the 2k PXP, but not the player upgrade. Ever since then, it's been a disaster with the responses. Usually just "I see he was upgraded and you got more PXP". But it's 12 hours after my ticket was sent in and I got those things from winning more and from Clash and club challenges. A little bit of research would help. 

I agree that CS has no clue this is a bug. As for the developers, I think some do know it and realize it's a massive advantage for the game over the players, and they don't care about fixing it. If they get called on it, they can say "Oh, it's just a bug. We will fix it." But I definitely think there are some who are aware of it and have no desire to fix it.
    I have now noticed that I'm also not receiving the repull XP even when he does upgrade successfully. I've probably lost at least 100K XP today from the mistakes.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I complained about this to CS during the last Royale. They told me it was intentional and that I would only get one of the rewards available after completing a multi-cycle, not both. This is clearly incorrect, but if they’re going to pretend it is intentional, there really is not much I can do. 
    Metsicans said:
    I complained about this to CS during the last Royale. They told me it was intentional and that I would only get one of the rewards available after completing a multi-cycle, not both. This is clearly incorrect, but if they’re going to pretend it is intentional, there really is not much I can do. 
    Amazing, since most people in CS say that it is working and that we just got our rewards "later". We know that's not true, but that's their response. As far as what we should get, I posted this comment in the bug thread as well. It clearly says in game that you get all these rewards. There is no mention of one or the other. 

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Fwiw, I also relayed the issues with the woh/cycle rewards not paying out at the same time despite displaying otherwise. It's been an issue since the cycle rewards were introduced. I'm not sure what they will do, but moving forward, I'm hoping the regular woh rewards will just be part of the cycle rewards. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited August 2020
    Ever since they went to "cycle rewards" its been nothing but problems on everything else. They clearly don't have the kinks worked out of it but it's not encouraging that they're going to try to play it off like it's all intended. 

Most of us have been playing the game for years. We understand how repulls work or are supposed to work,  so you can't just move the goalposts and expect no one to notice. 
    Metsicans said:
    LOL, that is such a hot crock of crap. The reward for completing Level 5 of "Spotlight Tower" today is 2,000 PXP and 360 Salvador Perez, the first time and every time. Whatever they have under cycle rewards has ZERO to do with the standard level 5 reward. Don't let them tell you differently. 

Any attempt to rationalize not receiving 2,000 PXP and a 360 Salvador Perez or a repull of 360 Salvador Perez for completing Level 5 of Spotlight Tower is pure deception or ignorance. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    LOL, that is such a hot crock of crap. The reward for completing Level 5 of "Spotlight Tower" today is 2,000 PXP and 360 Salvador Perez, the first time and every time. Whatever they have under cycle rewards has ZERO to do with the standard level 5 reward. Don't let them tell you differently. 

Any attempt to rationalize not receiving 2,000 PXP and a 360 Salvador Perez or a repull of 360 Salvador Perez for completing Level 5 of Spotlight Tower is pure deception or ignorance. 
    I mean, I know it’s crap, but what are my options? Has anyone successfully lobbied CS to give them the PXP and player level up? 
  • bigmeatpetebigmeatpete Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    My CS rep told me I received the rewards becuase I received both Sal Perez's. Even though I didn't receive the duplicate xp, the extra level on bxp Perez and the 2,000 pxp. I only cycled twice so its not even worth arguing over the small amount of bxp but it is amazing the reps don't grasp the re-pull concept and just straight up tell customers that we are wrong. 
    Mine said that you don’t get both rewards and that the reward screen was just a “display error”. I don’t have the time or energy to argue with them, but that’s pretty lame. Even if that’s true, the didn’t make that announcement in the news section. They mentioned all the other changes for WOH, but didn’t mention that one. I go back and forth whether these things are deceitful or just extreme incompetence. Either way, it’s a poor way to treat your customers. 
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Here’s the response I received. It’s actually clearly written, and it demonstrates an understanding of the issue. 

Maybe I’m giving them too much credit for being precise in their writing, but the interesting part to me is the circled part. Makes me wonder if it’s an issue that they are aware of and plan to fix, but don’t plan to manually correct for affected users until the fix is implemented. 

• dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Yeah it's clearly a bug. The display when you beat level 5 includes the 2k pxp and the bxp player which should be leveled so saying "you just get cycle rewards" is not an explanation of "how it's supposed to work". They can say whatever they want about it but this is just lazy. Also don't forget, this is avoidable in Royale WoH, meaning you can get level+cycle rewards successfully.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Well despite screenshots sent, my CS rep replied to me this morning with the classic "WiFi" garbage.

Yes, once again, CS asked me for help, then trolled the FuC&% out of me.

This, the crashing, etc. This isn't an accident any longer.  This is just part of the new resource squeeze that you will have to endure if you play this game. They know they are cheating and lying to us, but they don't care because they know they can get away with it. Simple as that.

I'm so glad I stayed gold. I couldn't afford to play at plat or diamond. 

I predicted last year they would just take this up a notch and rely on whales. I was right.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    It’s crappy Prime Tuesday. Just keep firing messages and opening tickets with CS until you get one that is willing to help.  Don’t give up. 
    Bearmeat said:
    It’s crappy Prime Tuesday. Just keep firing messages and opening tickets with CS until you get one that is willing to help.  Don’t give up. 

It's really a waste of time. They know they are screwing you and simply don't care. I wonder if CS is incentivized to screw us....

For example, when I worked for the unethical company I mentioned in the past, when they knew they effed something up, they would give small incentives to CS reps if they successfully played dumb, didn't fix much to hit the bottom line, and kept the customer.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

RodFarva said:
    Here’s the response I received. It’s actually clearly written, and it demonstrates an understanding of the issue. 

Maybe I’m giving them too much credit for being precise in their writing, but the interesting part to me is the circled part. Makes me wonder if it’s an issue that they are aware of and plan to fix, but don’t plan to manually correct for affected users until the fix is implemented. 

It's clearly written and demonstrates an understanding of the problem. It's also still 100% wrong. When you break it down logically, it's nonsensical. By that explanation, "cycle" rewards don't really exist. They just replace the regular Level 5 rewards with different rewards on that cycle. 

I did receive a leveled 360 Perez on the 2nd cycle that also awarded Prime Perez. So his explanation is wrong. It's clearly a bug. 

This is not the first time they have tried to play off a bug like it's intended in order to quell backlash, and it's an absolute garbage customer service tactic. Just apologize, tell us you're working on fixing the problem and get someone in your department to research proper compensation. 

Don't compound the problem by blatantly lying to your paying customers. 

This is similar to them acknowledging FP issues and doing nothing about that as well.

They've also acknowledged WoH crashes by giving global compensation, but they won't fix that either.

It's clear: if it benefits them, which it all does, it won't be fixed. If it benefits the customer, they patch it immediately, or they change the event to screw us more (See WoH).

Their greed in 2020 has taken several huge steps forward compared to years past. They aren't hiding it, but the whales are buying, so....

DFBB said:
    Fwiw, I also relayed the issues with the woh/cycle rewards not paying out at the same time despite displaying otherwise. It's been an issue since the cycle rewards were introduced. I'm not sure what they will do, but moving forward, I'm hoping the regular woh rewards will just be part of the cycle rewards. 
    @DFBB
    Thanks for doing that. 
    As I'm sure you are well aware from your experience with this game, this is not an insignificant amount of BXP being lost. 
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts

It's clear: if it benefits them, which it all does, it won't be fixed. If it benefits the customer, they patch it immediately, or they change the event to screw us more (See WoH).

That's what I'm concerned about. We will see this weekend, but I'm worried that this is intentional and the work-around @dustyhunks brought up for Royale may have been closed ("patch it immediately"). I hope I'm wrong...
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited August 2020
    DFBB said:
    @DFBB
    Thanks for doing that. 
    As I'm sure you are well aware from your experience with this game, this is not an insignificant amount of BXP being lost. 

I tracked repull and tradein value of different max bxp players a couple weekend royale's ago and only have info for 350 max overall, but for 10 cycles of a 350 bxp from p10 to d9 you should expect 148k-ish bxp. With WoH currently on Monday if it were a 350 you would only get ~59k bxp, a difference of almost 89k bxp. On top of 10k pxp not accrued.
    cb11 said:

That's what I'm concerned about. We will see this weekend, but I'm worried that this is intentional and the work-around @dustyhunks brought up for Royale may have been closed ("patch it immediately"). I hope I'm wrong...
    Again, if it is intentional, then cycle rewards are a fraud and don't really exist. They aren't awarding you for cycling, they are taking away one reward that you would have already earned before cycle rewards and replaced it with a different reward,  actually making the reward worse by making cycle capping and repulling for XP more difficult. 

Gowtham is by far my most hated CS Agent
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    cb11 said:

The CS agent summarized how the system currently works; they didn't state how it was intended to work. It should be apparent, however, that  cycle rewards were meant to stack on top of the regular WoH rewards. In fact, if you look at the app info for the current update, the details about cycle rewards are still there. 

Royale has had a 'one time' reward player so the issue isn't going to repeat itself like it did yesterday where the cycle reward player could be earned repeatedly. From what I understand, here are the current options:

1)Add the regular WoH rewards to the Cycle rewards side.
    2)Remove cycle rewards.
    3)Patched in the next update. 

Option #1 seems like the most logical and reasonable step. As far as potential compensation, like everyone else, I'm playing the waiting game.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    You are correct.  It is black and white and quite clear. "New EXTRA REWARDS for CYCLING Walk-Off Hero!"

Not "replacement" rewards. EXTRA rewards. For God's sake, they capitalized the words themselves. 
    it's clear they've been told what to say and are going to die on this hill. 

Yeah, they are trained liars. This isn't surprising.

So they change WoH to screw the customer, and the changes end up screwing the customer in more than one way. That's a win win win for them. They don't care. Now just lie your way out of it like you always do.

One day a group of whales will sue them. That's the only way this will change.