WoH 8/3/20: What Frickery Will Be On Display Today? I Would Do Anything For WOH, But I Won't Do That

13Next

Comments

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    I’m not giving up. I got God in my court today
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Yeah these guys should be politicians.
    Now they are pivoting back to "yeah, we know what it says, but this is what it really means".

So basically they are dumb enough to admit to ANOTHER bait and switch with the customers.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Yeah these guys should be politicians.
    Now they are pivoting back to "yeah, we know what it says, but this is what it really means".

So basically they are dumb enough to admit to ANOTHER bait and switch with the customers.

That’s the trick with these guys.  You need to hound them until they admit it, then continuously message them until you’re compensated. Sad reality

There won't be compensation. At this point this has been what, five or six WoH events like this?

After the screwing I got with FP, along with all the other bait and switches, I have no faith they will do the right thing.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    @Wicked0Wildcats that app store screenshot is what everyone should send in. Thanks for providing that. Side note: what happened to that target bash pick-em multiplier? Mine haven't changed at all
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Sometimes, doing the right thing is hard. 

It would be hard to do the right thing here. They would have to first stop the bleeding by fixing the problem. Then they would have to go through the headache of finding out every single player that was affected, research how much they are owed and compensate appropriately. 

Lying it about it is easy. You don't have to research or compensate anybody. You just have to repeat the lie over and over again until people leave you alone about it. You can still fix the problem later and just say it's an intended change.

There are certain times when the culture and ethics of an organization is on full display. 

This is one of those times. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited August 2020

DFBB said:
    cb11 said:

It's clear: if it benefits them, which it all does, it won't be fixed. If it benefits the customer, they patch it immediately, or they change the event to screw us more (See WoH).

That's what I'm concerned about. We will see this weekend, but I'm worried that this is intentional and the work-around @dustyhunks brought up for Royale may have been closed ("patch it immediately"). I hope I'm wrong...

Royale has had a 'one time' reward player so the issue isn't going to repeat itself like it did yesterday where the cycle reward player could be earned repeatedly. From what I understand, here are the current options:
    But it was affecting people that had the player locked in their lineup or inactive during Royale every other cycle was it not? I thought we determined that they both needed to be active and unlocked to receive full leveling rewards each cycle.

edited August 2020
    I’m like a whore needing meth. Never give up. Hell no
    I can't believe they haven't stopped and considered how stupid this sounds. 

"Normal Level 5 rewards will be replaced by Cycle rewards"

If you're "replacing" one reward with another, you're not really giving anything extra at all, especially when you're making it worse by costing your players gobs of XP. Someone get these guys a dictionary to look up what "extra" means. 

Leave it to GLU to take a really awesome idea in Cycle rewards and manage to make it awful and terrible for their paying customers. 
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    Very impressed by your plywood work. Good job.
    Never fight a man with a perm
    I can't believe they haven't stopped and considered how stupid this sounds. 

"Normal Level 5 rewards will be replaced by Cycle rewards"

If you're "replacing" one reward with another, you're not really giving anything extra at all, especially when you're making it worse by costing your players gobs of XP. Someone get these guys a dictionary to look up what "extra" means. 

Leave it to GLU to take a really awesome idea in Cycle rewards and manage to make it awful and terrible for their paying customers. 
    Unfortunately this issue will bury WOH for the most part. I don’t see any purpose for silver or gold players to cycle, and the prize for diamond guys isn’t worth their time. All WOH will be is slow playing for points. The PXP reward after 10 cycles has no value. It’s really amazing how they took their signature event and completely destroyed it.  It’s hard not to consider that this game is purposely being dismantled and ultimately removed from their portfolio. 
    In California, it’s unlawful for businesses or their representatives to make untrue or misleading statements about products or services. This false advertising law covers statements made in print ads, online, in person, or through any other means.

Food for thought...
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    And when the judge will ask you why you didn’t just quit the game, what will be your answer ?
    edited August 2020
    And when the judge will ask you why you didn’t just quit the game, what will be your answer ?
    Well first of all, no judge worth a damn would ever ask such a ridiculous question in a legal proceeding. Lawsuits against game developers aren't an uncommon thing and they still have to abide by state and federal laws in regard to advertising. Intellectual property has value, especially when people do indeed spend tangible assets on that intellectual property. 

Secondly, no one is talking about going before a judge. Simply pointing out that advertising cycle rewards as "extra rewards" and adopting them as literally a "replace rewards" is a clear example of false advertising.
    In the year I've been playing, they've violated CA law MANY times. LOL

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    I’m like a whore needing meth. Never give up. Hell no
    That is good stuff. Keep going bro... Hopefully you'll get that bump😂

He won't. Just heard from CS again, and despite my screenshots, they once again said it was Wifi, then went back to the original lie. This is hilarious and sad at the same time.

They are knowingly and willingly screwing everyone.

edited August 2020
    Setting, GLU Christmas Party, December 2020

Boss: "Ahkil, screwing our players has really helped us have a financially successful year. I think there just may be a little something EXTRA for you. (Hands Ahkil bonus check)

Ahkil: "Wow! Thanks boss!"

Following Thursday, Ahkil does not receive his regular paycheck. 

Ahkil: "Boss, where's my check?"

Boss: (blank stare). "You don't get one this week, Ahkil. I gave you that Christmas bonus check, remember?

Ahkil: "That was supposed to be an extra reward. Why in the world would that affect my regular paycheck?"

Boss: "They do not stack at this time."

Ahkil: "Do you really not see how insane you sound?"

☝️☝️☝️Sooooo awesome!
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Bearmeat said:

Lol I think this is now becoming better than the balsamic vinegar thread.  Who am I kidding, BV will always be number one, but this is a very close second.  Please keep it going.
    Just no.  

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Am I the only one that pictures CS reading this thread and laughing their a@@ off?

“Hey Akhil, lets see how long we can keep this sucker going!”

”That’s a great idea Krishna, maybe we can start an office pool on how long he will last”
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    I don’t think these are actual people.  
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Lol.  They redid the WoH rewards so the main prize is a cycle reward - obviously to fix the glitch where you don't receive the main prize and the cycle reward at the same time.

But we were told the way it worked (or didn't work) before was intentional...
    Someone said it in another thread, but very mindful of these Primes they’re putting out. The hit and power ratings don’t justify the resource cost. Bell was obviously a dandy, but that was a rarity