Glu has nerfed all the BXP players the last month or so with high speed

trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
edited August 2020 in General TSB Discussion
For those that don't know, don't waste your time leveling up BXP players anymore, Glu has nerfed the crap out of them with high speed. The 350 (and even possibly lower) players from a month or 2 ago, all have better or essentially the same stats. For instance:

Jorge Soler (max 365) in the Fan Rewards box today - hit 105, power 101, spd 79
Jorge Soler (max 350) from Dad's day - hit 107, power 95, spd 59

Jacoby Jones (max 370) from last weekend - hit 109, power 99, spd 79
Aaron Judge (max 350) from 2 months plus ago - hit 107, power 98, spd 51

Shall I go on? Be careful, because they have done it with many primes as well. Glu, stop nerfing players with high speed, just remove speed (its not like it actually makes a difference in any game modes except manual bonus games/matches, and even then, it doesn't make a difference after silver tier anyway).

Comments

• SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Maybe the worst offender of the year was Monday's "prime" Perez - he was basically a mediocre BXP player that required PXP to level.  I never look at max ratings anymore, I only care about hit rating and skills, especially since Slugfest has continued to be irrelevant.  Still rocking two 345s in my starting nine, Freeman and Marte are just as good as any 365s issued so far.        
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    Maybe the worst offender of the year was Monday's "prime" Perez - he was basically a mediocre BXP player that required PXP to level.  I never look at max ratings anymore, I only care about hit rating and skills, especially since Slugfest has continued to be irrelevant.  Still rocking two 345s in my starting nine, Freeman and Marte are just as good as any 365s issued so far.        
    Great add on! I still use freeman and Marte in WOH as well, but got Pedroia and Votto in over them in my regular lineup now because they were some of the earlier 365's that Glu didn't jack up the speed on. Power rating also can make a big difference in WOH actually. I can't use double LHP Adam Engel after 5.8 in WOH because his power is too low and he will always hit ground balls. Meanwhile, Schwarber has an epic power rating and he still consistently crushes HR after HR in WOH royale 5.10. Both players skills are the same level, and Engel actually has a higher hit rating. Power definitely makes a difference between grounding out and frozen rope, or pop fly and home run.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    Its like they read this post before coming out with players today. Josh Reddick prime has speed of 90! What a joke!
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Great points on the power rating - do care about it some but its more of a tie breaker for me if I have two guys with the same hit rating.  Redick is especially terrible because he has the vs LHP skill as a left handed batter - yuck!   
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    Agreed. I still have Foil Alvarez (350), Schwarber (350) and Freeman (345) in my starting lineup.
    It seems like I pulled them a LONG time ago.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • iratepirateiratepirate Registered Users, Member 306 Posts
    edited August 2020
    David Bote 396/359/209 HOT/RISP (355 max overall)
    Jacoby Jones 399/362/289 HOT/HOT (370 max overall)
    --------
    freddie freeman 381/366/176 RHP/RHP (345 max)
    kyle schwarber 377/374/205 RHP/RHP (350 max)
    yordan alvarez 385/374/180 HOT/BLOW (350 max)

I traded in Jacoby Jones. The other 4 are in my lineup.
    Keepers: Ruth/Posada/Paige. ML is SS (RHP/RHP) - I went Platinum June 17
  • ESTXXLESTXXL Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    I'm still rocking 245 La Stella one of my original pulls. He's a monster compared to these kittens up for grabs. Him and Gallo and Vatto are over .500 and TL has all my achievement records pretty much. These guys are a joke.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I put that on the WoH post. What a joke/money grab this game has become.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service