Bonus games - another game ruined?

LondonBoyLondonBoy Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
I think I have stepped over a line. I used to win most of my bonus games. Now I am losing 90/95% of them. I am Gold 10. I assume they want me to upgrade to platinum but I don't want to spend that much to level up. So instead I play less.

I am playing less and spending a lot less than last year. TSB20 is just less fun than TSB19. It's a, shame

Prev1

Comments

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    How many wins do you have?
  • LondonBoyLondonBoy Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    I'm at Gold after playing last year at Diamomd and enjoying it much more. Stopped playing Bonus games and tournaments a couple months ago. Don't miss that grind at all. Play and spend a lot less which was a goal this year. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Unless you're diamond, this is inevitably a problem for everyone. '19 was set up the same way, but '20 has seemingly turned it up a notch. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Xcov3xXcov3x Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I say we all quit playing this shit ass game
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Xcov3x said:
    I say we all quit playing this shit ass game
    I say you quit trolling and change your name.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • CthomCthom Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    LondonBoy said:
    I think I have stepped over a line. I used to win most of my bonus games. Now I am losing 90/95% of them. I am Gold 10. I assume they want me to upgrade to platinum but I don't want to spend that much to level up. So instead I play less.

I am playing less and spending a lot less than last year. TSB20 is just less fun than TSB19. It's a, shame

Me too brother.  I'm Top tier gold as in the playoff for platinum is open but I'm not playing.  All my guys are G10 and skills are 4+ across the board.  All team upgrades are max and probably half my players pennants are capped.  So what does it mean?  75% of BGs I'm facing a P10 pitcher.  It's pretty obvious what these knobs are doing.
    If I can quit you all can quit!!
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    or they can ban you and make the forums its normal shit show again.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
    You a dummy
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Lol 😂 this forum has actually become way more fun than the 💩 game. 
  • PADRESSUCK619PADRESSUCK619 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    This never happened before but now I'm routinely facing teams significantly higher in strength than me. If the idea is to get people to move up tiers, making bonus games damn near impossible to win is counterintuitive.
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    I’m playing against teams that are 40-50000 points higher than me. When I play a team weaker than mine I get beat more times than not . Overall I’m now winning about 20% of the games. It seems to have happened once I played 6000 games 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I am getting close to that marker as well. I'm not going above gold. I can't afford it.

So glad I didn't go plat earlier this year. I saw the PxP and LxP resource cost/squeeze coming and I was correct. I'm not a baller so I'll never be a TSB Plat or Diamond player. Whomp whomp

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    I think you guys have a misinterpretation of what it means to be diamond.  The resources are relative to your tier- you accrue more through repulls. It’s all really the same. No, you don’t get to level every prime you acquire, in fact most end up in the trash.  But the game is always progressing, which is why you can’t stay in silver and gold. I mean, you can...but there’s no game modes really available to you
    Yes, those of us who have been playing a year now have a firm understanding who/what this game is tailored for. I made the mistake of falling in love with and being good at WoH and Slugfest. Those games are now ruined in favor of Prime games and bonus games, where you sit there and tap "auto sim" all day.  That's not fun to me. If I want to build a team and auto sim, I can find a free app to do that.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I think MLB The Show is the perfect game for you Doc. One time commitment fee and play till your heart desires. There's no such thing as F2P in the game anymore.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    I think MLB The Show is the perfect game for you Doc. One time commitment fee and play till your heart desires. There's no such thing as F2P in the game anymore.

TY! I'm perfectly fine without the F2P here, as I went VIP a couple months ago.

I'm just appalled at the blatant resource squeeze this year compared to last. This is brutal. No way I could build a team of primes under 1K at plat or diamond. What is the point of not getting the best players and leveling them if you play?  That's just how I view it, but to each his own!

Just sucks the modes I enjoy the most they have completely ruined. Oh well...

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Not true, plenty of people do. Your either a spender or grinder.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I started struggling bad in bonus games at Platinum 5 with 4500 wins. Done a little better at P6 lately but it essentially breaks the game. Why they’d want to install a matchup system that discourages playing is beyond me. The Diamond teams I pull are impossible too. Capped Prime 400+ starters. No way to score off that no matter how good your Platinum team is.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    samtheman said:
    I started struggling bad in bonus games at Platinum 5 with 4500 wins. Done a little better at P6 lately but it essentially breaks the game. Why they’d want to install a matchup system that discourages playing is beyond me. The Diamond teams I pull are impossible too. Capped Prime 400+ starters. No way to score off that no matter how good your Platinum team is.
    hmmm thats weird because i am at P5 and 8,000 wins, and still getting gold/plat matchups, with a rare diamond matchup ill still win. What is your TS? Mine is 135k, and I only upgrade hitting/SP upgrades and pennants. 
    dkarski87 said:

TY! I'm perfectly fine without the F2P here, as I went VIP a couple months ago.

I'm just appalled at the blatant resource squeeze this year compared to last. This is brutal. No way I could build a team of primes under 1K at plat or diamond. What is the point of not getting the best players and leveling them if you play?  That's just how I view it, but to each his own!

Just sucks the modes I enjoy the most they have completely ruined. Oh well...

Yes, those of us who have been playing a year now have a firm understanding who/what this game is tailored for. I made the mistake of falling in love with and being good at WoH and Slugfest. Those games are now ruined in favor of Prime games and bonus games, where you sit there and tap "auto sim" all day.  That's not fun to me. If I want to build a team and auto sim, I can find a free app to do that.
    If you’re not diamond, this game platform has nothing to offer. Like @dkarski87 Said, maybe mlb The show is better for you. Glu isn’t going to cater to non aggressive players. Seriously, move on. Or accept the game the way it is
    samtheman said:
    hmmm thats weird because i am at P5 and 8,000 wins, and still getting gold/plat matchups, with a rare diamond matchup ill still win. What is your TS? Mine is 135k, and I only upgrade hitting/SP upgrades and pennants. 
    I’m at like 108k, although I nerf my bench and some RP slots. Based on what I’ve seen posted here some players run into this more than others. It’s not that every game is against Diamond but enough are to notice. It is frustrating when you are trying to do what the game wants you to do and move up only it takes a ton of bonus games because you lose so many.
    The game is catered to diamond players. Not sure what else you guys need to justify your actions. Being a steady gold player died in 2018. Just because you want something, doesn’t make it true. Seriously, move the **** on
    samtheman said:
    samtheman said:
    I’m at like 108k, although I nerf my bench and some RP slots. Based on what I’ve seen posted here some players run into this more than others. It’s not that every game is against Diamond but enough are to notice. It is frustrating when you are trying to do what the game wants you to do and move up only it takes a ton of bonus games because you lose so many.
    Well there is your answer, your team strength is way too weak to be playing at P5. Even with a nerfed bench you should be significantly higher than that if you want to win games at platinum. Heck, with primes out now, there are many gold teams with your TS. 
    edited August 2020
    I don’t think so or I wouldn’t be clearing WOH and as I said it’s the games against  Diamond teams I’m losing. And again, no one is beating a team with a pitcher with a current 410 rating with a Plat team, no matter how good their Plat team is.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts

Well there is your answer, your team strength is way too weak to be playing at P5. Even with a nerfed bench you should be significantly higher than that if you want to win games at platinum. Heck, with primes out now, there are many gold teams with your TS. 
    My F2P team has a TS around 98K, 6300+ wins and I still win 50% of my BGs.
    xracman said:

You are saying it like that is a good percentage, it's not. 
  • ESTXXLESTXXL Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    I fluctuate between 110k and 120k. Maxed SP is key for me and to not sim everything at D2. I face 125 to 150 teams every aspect say 20% of the matchups. I manually play those and win 9 out of 10 as I would auto and lose more than half. I don't keep a heavy bullpen as they are just collecting dusk. That said I'm good with D2 for awhile lol.  Seems to be a good balance. 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    xracman said:

You are saying it like that is a good percentage, it's not. 
    Other people with higher TS are complaining about losing +90% of BGs at platinum.  I offered a different perspective.  I know what I’ve got with this team, no illusions.