Game Over šŸ˜³

mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
This was in my google news feed a lil bit ago. I know @JEDDDOGGY spoke of it a few times on here already. Anyway idk it just made it very real to see it in my feed figured Iā€™d share the screen shot at least. I donā€™t know how to actually share the story here Iā€™m not tech savvy at all. Anyway it appears they made a few bad decisions šŸ˜• yā€™all can look šŸ‘€ it up. Cheers šŸ»Ā 

Comments

• inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    hmmm so Nick Earl appears to be delusional with his last statement hereā€¦Ā  alienating isn't "deepening"

Ā 
    and here's this from Eric Lidwig with maybe why those teams that CHEATED and had pxp removed didn't see their players reset to bronze 1 like what was done beginning of year with the xp glitch (aside from making honest players spend more to compete).ā€¦ and he ends with "how strong the live ops team is" šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Interesting I hadnā€™t read that one tks for sharing. šŸ‘šŸ»Ā 
    I havenā€™t given them a penny since July 4thĀ 
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Ā«Ā So, every time and every year, we sort of feel like we've hit the ceiling. It continues to surprise us so much so that this year we saw 20% growth over last year Q2-to-Q2 based on the backs of these VIPs and the spenders Ā»

please read : every time we think it wonā€™t be possible to screw even more the VIP and spenders, we come up with something even more crooked and they still spend !!!
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    So here is my attempt to merge two threads together in this one post. I know if it doesn't work the smart asses of the forum will come out and let me know. So here we go.... First of all I hate Glu they are crooked, all thier top brass are crooks but who can blame them? They want to make money by all means necessary. They rape, pillage, steal from (and I'm sure if they could would kill) VIP's and whales to take what they want. But the VIP's and whales continue to spend more. Glu rapes and pillages more they spend more. What a vicious cycle. Why should Glu stop? They shouldn't as long as everyone allows them to continue by spending. As evident in those posts by Glu's top brass, they are going to continue to do so or even ramp up their crooked ways. So here is the merge... In another thread "How old are you" I guess @Bearmeat said most people are middle aged successful or retired and successful people. There are not so many Arby's managers playing here....agreed. But if most people are educated professionals as everyone says they are shouldn't we see that this is a rip off and stop spending money. One question if you own/run a business would you continue those practices that continuously gets you ripped off or would you stop doing business with that company or person that continuously rips you off. What is more professional? We all know Glu isn't professional. They are the ones running a game from grandma's basement. It's sad the whales are being targeted like this but they have wake up and see they are supporting a bunch of crooks and stop spending and leave. Just stop spending everyone then Glu will get a clue. By the way, for those who want to say to me why play if you can't stand this company.... I don't... I put my money where mouth is. I love coming on these forums and listening to all you professionals cry how you are getting ripped off. I find it humourous. Especially when you have top brass basically saying they are ripping you off but you will spend this weekend to get the top sets anyways and leave empty handed complaining on the forums how you were ripped off.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

GLU's losses weren't from TSB 20 then. That's bad news for us. The article is stating plain as day they are going to double and triple down on what they are doing to rip us off in TSB20. Ouch ouch ouch.

Again, only myself to blame. Damn quarantine...lol

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lostĀ at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

@drsmartassphd as least you own it. I have a lot respect for you!
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts

GLU's losses weren't from TSB 20 then. That's bad news for us. The article is stating plain as day they are going to double and triple down on what they are doing to rip us off in TSB20. Ouch ouch ouch.

Why do you always apologize for spending money on the game? Who...the...f....cares if people spend. You can do as you wish with your money. You obviously enjoy it.Ā 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    snowy24 said:

Why do you always apologize for spending money on the game? Who...the...f....cares if people spend. You can do as you wish with your money. You obviously enjoy it.Ā 
    He sounds miserable. But I like his rants. Reminds me of Al Bundys daily woes after plugging in a solid daysā€™ work at the shoe store.Ā 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    He sounds miserable. But I like his rants. Reminds me of Al Bundys daily woes after plugging in a solid daysā€™ work at the shoe store.Ā 
    One of the best shows ever!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? šŸ¤·
    the quoteĀ stated 20% increase in new, organic downloads.Ā  this is the meat and potatoes about this particular mobile gaming dynamic as basic as i can say it: the pandemic with it's re-emergence has played a big role in this.Ā  not only is there more idle thumbs but there was an additional spike in unemployment pay .Ā  microtransactions and new customers is the key to mobile gaming.Ā  as long as you can create a revolving door you will always experience segment growth.Ā  just think of all the players who have left.Ā  a lot of REALLY nice accounts passed on to someone willing to spend like crazy with a shiny new toy.Ā  IMAGINE if the "say hey" bandit actually changed his valuation model to $5/1k gold or something similarily reasonableā€¦Ā  Ā crazy numbers AND a "deeper connection" with the customersā€¦Ā  šŸ¤Æ then the need for sweetheart deals and allowing people caught cheating being allowed to skate to drive up sales would be a lot less likely.Ā  (one would think that with so much patched that being only left with finding glitches to gain an advantage, the cost/rarity of virtual bs qould be less).Ā  ending spending will only dent so much this is why glu scoffs at the stupid quarterly boycott rumblings.Ā  boycott a vip gauntlet and then see if they pay attention!
    inoculum said:
    the quoteĀ stated 20% increase in new, organic downloads.Ā  this is the meat and potatoes about this particular mobile gaming dynamic as basic as i can say it: the pandemic with it's re-emergence has played a big role in this.Ā  not only is there more idle thumbs but there was an additional spike in unemployment pay .Ā  microtransactions and new customers is the key to mobile gaming.Ā  as long as you can create a revolving door you will always experience segment growth.Ā  just think of all the players who have left.Ā  a lot of REALLY nice accounts passed on to someone willing to spend like crazy with a shiny new toy.Ā  IMAGINE if the "say hey" bandit actually changed his valuation model to $5/1k gold or something similarily reasonableā€¦Ā  Ā crazy numbers AND a "deeper connection" with the customersā€¦Ā  šŸ¤Æ then the need for sweetheart deals and allowing people caught cheating being allowed to skate to drive up sales would be a lot less likely.Ā  (one would think that with so much patched that being only left with finding glitches to gain an advantage, the cost/rarity of virtual bs qould be less).Ā  ending spending will only dent so much this is why glu scoffs at the stupid quarterly boycott rumblings.Ā  boycott a vip gauntlet and then see if they pay attention!
    Fresh perspective... I like.... Agreed to all above. If Glu did connect with their entire consumer base from whales to F2P players no telling how high their ceiling would be. I would have to believe as much money as they are making they are leaving so much more on the table. Bad business.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited August 2020
    inoculum said:
    Fresh perspective... I like.... Agreed to all above. If Glu did connect with their entire consumer base from whales to F2P players no telling how high their ceiling would be. I would have to believe as much money as they are making they are leaving so much more on the table. Bad business.
    That last sentence is the key part:Ā  money left on the table because they've so narrowly focused the scope of the target market in 20
    oh absolutley! paying attention to other games and what they do as far as valuation and stopping hacking (which i know as natter of fact this is done by glu employees) is crippling the potential to be truly unique and offer the most mutually rewarding products in the industry.Ā  I'm good with a company wanting a profit, it's business.Ā  why not set your model up to do so while creating better value for all possible/existing customers? perplexing to say the least
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    So here is my attempt to merge two threads together in this one post. I know if it doesn't work the smart asses of the forum will come out and let me know. So here we go.... First of all I hate Glu they are crooked, all thier top brass are crooks but who can blame them? They want to make money by all means necessary. They rape, pillage, steal from (and I'm sure if they could would kill) VIP's and whales to take what they want. But the VIP's and whales continue to spend more. Glu rapes and pillages more they spend more. What a vicious cycle. Why should Glu stop? They shouldn't as long as everyone allows them to continue by spending. As evident in those posts by Glu's top brass, they are going to continue to do so or even ramp up their crooked ways. So here is the merge... In another thread "How old are you" I guess @Bearmeat said most people are middle aged successful or retired and successful people. There are not so many Arby's managers playing here....agreed. But if most people are educated professionals as everyone says they are shouldn't we see that this is a rip off and stop spending money. One question if you own/run a business would you continue those practices that continuously gets you ripped off or would you stop doing business with that company or person that continuously rips you off. What is more professional? We all know Glu isn't professional. They are the ones running a game from grandma's basement. It's sad the whales are being targeted like this but they have wake up and see they are supporting a bunch of crooks and stop spending and leave. Just stop spending everyone then Glu will get a clue. By the way, for those who want to say to me why play if you can't stand this company.... I don't... I put my money where mouth is. I love coming on these forums and listening to all you professionals cry how you are getting ripped off. I find it humourous. Especially when you have top brass basically saying they are ripping you off but you will spend this weekend to get the top sets anyways and leave empty handed complaining on the forums how you were ripped off.
    Because a lot of the people that hate everything yet still spend are stuck in a "gambling addiction" mentality, whether they realize it or not. Putting time, money, and energy towards something damaging that you don't even like? Yeah, try to explain how thatĀ isntĀ an addiction issue šŸ„“ (not saying everyone is addicted, just the people that legitimately do not like this game/have nothing but complaints and negative feelings towards it, but keep playing/spending. I also mean addiction as addiction, not using it lightly.)
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    OR - they aren't addicted, and they don't actually hate the game as much as they lead on. May be exaggerating to fit a popular narrative on the forum and other social media outlets. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    My name is Chris, Iā€™m 37 and I like opening boxes.
    My name is Jon, I'm 30 and I live my tap misery through others.Ā 
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    My name is Jon, I'm 30 and I live my tap misery through others.Ā 
    Yeah same here. Still didnā€™t play 20 but addicted enough to come to the forums :(

and btw Iā€™m 36
    edited August 2020
    I'm 43. I actually retract saying I hate the game. The game is an awesome concept but poorly excuted by Glu. It's the company I can't stand and why don't play anymore. I'm addicted to the forums though. A lot of wonderful and good people in here!
    I'm 43. I actually retract saying I hate the game. The game is an awesome concept but poorly excuted by Glu. It's the company I can't stand and why don't play anymore. I'm addicted to the forums though. A lot of wonderful and good people in here!
    With the exception of Pujols and Sackett, some pretty good people here. If you canā€™t tap ass, you might as well tap TSB. My new slogan.Ā 
  • GĆ®l_GaladGĆ®l_Galad Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    I am 41, almost tap free. Ā  Stil going on the forum everyday to see Ā if my old Glu bot friend would come back from Glu abyss. Ā  I miss you old friendšŸ˜¢
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Iā€™m 38 and I like opening boxes.. because.. well..thatā€™s all thatā€™s left to do šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøĀ