Nola box aka PXP box!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
The Nola box(300g) yields better than a 10:1 ration in terms of pxp/gold spent. Each box will net about 3200 pxp, on average, which is considerably better than what's been offered in the past. Fwiw, the pxp box in the store is less than a 3:1 ration(LOL). For those planning ahead, I'd suggest spending in chunks of 20k(to hit the Aug FR box). 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    May be why double gold disappeared a day early lol

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    10th box

• BOZZCOBOZZCO Registered Users, Member 102 Posts
    You know what would be a better ratio ?? If they paid out for the 10 cycles from WOH !!! 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    BOZZCO said:
    You know what would be a better ratio ?? If they paid out for the 10 cycles from WOH !!! 
    I’m not really sure why they even need to consult their “team”. It’s clear as day for them to see it. 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    bought 20k gold worth, now I am a PXP millionaire haha! Also got Nola on the 20,000 gold box exactly haha
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Cycle rewards from yesterday are in. Appears it paid out 10k pxp/cycle.

edit: nvm on the 10k/cycle. those that didn't get the 75k cycle reward got 100k.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    With the abundance of pxp becoming available (Nola Box, Beard Bros Box, rank rewards, etc.) this can mean only one thing. Legends are coming soon, right? I believe the first ones released last year were 450, which means with the current curve at 420 that seems about right.
    I’m wondering if they’ll transition HOF to incorporate a PXP player as the cycle reward and an LXP player as the “every 2-3” reward. If that’s the case, it will be difficult to justify playing this event. The reward for cycling D6 has more return.  That is unless they scrap the new system altogether.  Doubt it tho
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Well it has been a month or so now, and they still don't have a clue how to fix it, so they may just scrap it before they completely blow their little 2Amp fuse brains
    edited August 2020
    Well it has been a month or so now, and they still don't have a clue how to fix it, so they may just scrap it before they completely blow their little 2Amp fuse brains
    That’s the thing that really gets me. Blue leopard has explained that they’ve been heavily affected by the new Covid 19 work practices (employees working from home), but if that’s the case, why not avoid unnecessary alterations to the game. Woh was fine the way it was. Why did they change the event Structure knowing there would be issues. Even if they didn’t know there would be issues, why implement the change if the resources aren’t there to repair them. It’s crazy. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    That’s the thing that really gets me. Blue leopard has explained that they’ve been heavily affected by the new Covid 19 work practices (employees working from home), but if that’s the case, why not avoid unnecessary alterations to the game. Woh was fine the way it was. Why did they change the event Structure knowing there would be issues. Even if they didn’t know there would be issues, why implement the change if the resources aren’t there to repair them. It’s crazy. 
    My guess is because they only struggle with things that don’t cheat the player 🥺
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    That explanation is simply implausible given the number of game alterations we've seen in the last two months.

They've had every ounce of time necessary to jack with the game and squeeze players for resources, but have seemingly dedicated ZERO time to QA.  

At this point, it would be nice to go just a WEEK without a major screwup.
    Don't forget greedy.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    That explanation is simply implausible given the number of game alterations we've seen in the last two months.

They've had every ounce of time necessary to jack with the game and squeeze players for resources, but have seemingly dedicated ZERO time to QA.  

At this point, it would be nice to go just a WEEK without a major screwup.
    The sad part is they have chosen to focus only on “new features” instead of fixing problems and making sure what they do push works. I work in IT and the current philosophy is push out as much as possible as fast as possible and fix it in the next release. I’ve argued this point with trainers and managers about how QA and testing is not part of this model. But they insist it doesn’t matter because you can fix it quickly. It’s crazy since it’s a giant middle finger to your customers and users, but it sounds like GLU uses that same philosophy. We know their app updates don’t come out quickly, but they have no problems throwing changes into the game that don’t work. 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited August 2020
    CI/CD with proper testing baked into whatever deployment tool(s) you use can handle all the stuff as far as QA. I think Glu's problem is they don't know how to test properly. Or they just DGAF. Probably a combination of both. Act now, apologize (or not) later etc etc...
    Speaking of bugs, I'm just gonna leave this here. See what people make of it.

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Speaking of bugs, I'm just gonna leave this here. See what people make of it.

I don’t think it’s a bug. I think it’s intentional manipulation of the game. I’ve noticed the past 2 years when the live boost and now stat boost is on, my players perform worse. It’s especially noticeable in WOH. The live boost kicks in and my batters go from hitting it hard to hitting it soft. I get less pitches to hit as well. I figured that sometime last year, they realized people were using the live boost in WOH to get more wins, which meant less gold spent, which meant less money spent. So while they boost your stats and you can see they are boosted, I also believe they have it to where the RNG is much less in your favor when those boosts are on. 
    edited August 2020
    I think those are two separate things, at least in regards to what I'm getting at. I 100% agree live boost during WoH affects things negatively at times for you but live boost and stat boost for sims when playing BG and tourney etc definitely improves your scores and raises all the counting stats for a hitter. WoH during stat boost requires no boost vid or gold either at diamond and doesn't have the negative affect live boost does in that small window. That image above was for sims done in stat boost club while active on weekend and then outside the event when not active for anyone, not in a non-stat boost club during the weekend event. I would need to test that if I hop around next weekend Royale which I did not because the event rewards we so good this past weekend.

Although I don't play the way you guys do, I thoroughly enjoy reading these convos and seeing this stuff.

That's pretty bad if that is something you consistently find. Goodness.

edited August 2020
    Last note on this, my point with those stats is that when stat boost is active for you it boosts ALL offense, even for your opponent. It has to with those numbers as all pitching gets lit up across the board. Shutouts and QS diminish and L's occur with more frequency. I don't know yet if it still happens outside the stat boost club. If the same occurs in any club without the stat boost accolade on Royale weekend then that certainly is a bug. Or at the very least the laziest of programmatically doing "something".