Extra Bases Rewards

baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
So since I didn’t get a chance to collect the Extra Bases rewards from last night, does it mean I’m out of luck or will CS compensate me the rewards I earned? 

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Out of luck
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    That’s a bummer considering the time I put into it. There was just no way I was going to be able to collect before noon. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I will never understand why GLU can't send these rewards to our inbox.  CvC as well. Some of us have lives that prohibit us from checking in every hour for these things.

Again, another way to take and not give.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    It’s psychology. They want your life to revolve around this game, not the other way around. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    It’s psychology. They want your life to revolve around this game, not the other way around. 

Oh I get it. The free gifts all day, the constant reminders to log in for season sims, etc.  I understand all that completely. Also helps with their "log in clicks", especially days like today. But for something like this, where the customer gets something back for what they put in...

Meh, never mind. I'm a broken record today (again).

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

They’re greedy dishrags. I think we all get that

I will never understand why GLU can't send these rewards to our inbox.  CvC as well. Some of us have lives that prohibit us from checking in every hour for these things.

Again, another way to take and not give.

I agree. Send them to our inbox or at the very least, communicate the time that the reward will be available until. I would have passed on Extra Bases and saved myself the headache in the process.
  • DantemavericksDantemavericks Registered Users, Member 92 Posts
    I contacted CS (foolishly) about this and asked if they could let me know when the cut off for Extra Bases reward collection was, so I would know whether to bother playing or not. They said they couldn't tell me as they "are unable to disclose any information that hasn't been released publicly". They also added "I hope this helps and assists you in any in any way applicable". I'm not sure what this means....
    Never fight a man with a perm
  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    i missed them too as i was at work.  i contacted Customer Abuse, err disService and was told that I "need to be proactive when collecting rewards" and that "they require manually collecting."  So, playing up to 13.5m (which actually took more entries than it should have) so i could collect all the possible tier rewards wasn't "proactive" and i'm a mouth breathing invalid that doesn't have a clue how rewards work.  so thanks to Mohammed! you've opened my eyes to my apparent ignorance and overall laziness! guess i'll take your advice, be proactive and stop myself before i hit this next all star level!
    Extremely frustrating for sure. I just wish they would do the right thing and compensate us our rewards for reaching the milestone tiers. It is the “right” thing to do you know.
    I hate to be the one that tells you this, but this game was designed, built, and decorated with aid from a behavioural psychologist team. You can disagree (awesome tag) or whatever, but it’s the truth. This game is directed at functional adults with addictive behaviour. Complaining does nothing. You don’t like what’s being given to you? It doesn’t matter. You’re a VIP AS level 24 and are done with this game? Doesn’t matter. Either play it or don’t. But the concept of them delivering gifts into your inbox would defeat the whole concept of addictive behaviour control. They want you paying attention to the clock. They want you logging in at certain times. It is what it is.  
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    I hate to be the one that tells you this, but this game was designed, built, and decorated with aid from a behavioural psychologist team. You can disagree (awesome tag) or whatever, but it’s the truth. This game is directed at functional adults with addictive behaviour. Complaining does nothing. You don’t like what’s being given to you? It doesn’t matter. You’re a VIP AS level 24 and are done with this game? Doesn’t matter. Either play it or don’t. But the concept of them delivering gifts into your inbox would defeat the whole concept of addictive behaviour control. They want you paying attention to the clock. They want you logging in at certain times. It is what it is.  
    So deep, brother. You had me at “awesome tag”.
    Well, even though it is a one time courtesy, Glu did the right thing here and gave me my rewards that I missed. Props to them for making it right.

• More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    That was much more descriptive than my response, lol.  FWIW, this is the 2nd “one-time courtesy” they’ve given me for EB rewards.  The other was for a pop-up EB a couple weeks ago, which ended at like 7 PM PST, with the collection window being the final 2 hours of the daily event.  Seems they are willing to compensate for these, when they understand the collection window was completely impractical.