Rookie 2500 PXP RBI

ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
Pop up ad for 2500 PXP for “Rookie” RBI.
If this is what I think it is...

Comments

• LondonBoyLondonBoy Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    what do you think it is? 
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    Players with the “Rookie” tag earn you 2500 PXP per RBI over the weekend.
    A running tally will be in effect and you collect your earnings on Monday.
    Come Monday if your Rookie has 100rbi over the weekend, you collect 250,000 PXP.

It leads me to believe that Legends are coming soon. There has been an increase in available PXP via Rewards, Boxes (if you employed the proper tactics), and now this.

I’m typically naive in my thoughts but that’s okay because I’m still having harmless and free fun.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Come Monday if your Rookie has 100rbi over the weekend, you collect 250,000 PXP.

It leads me to believe that Legends are coming soon. There has been an increase in available PXP via Rewards, Boxes (if you employed the proper tactics), and now this.

I’m typically naive in my thoughts but that’s okay because I’m still having harmless and free fun.

Has this been confirmed somewhere? I thought it was RBIs by real MLB rookies this weekend.  But I have no idea. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I read it as RBIs from rookies in MLB(real life). 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    @Metsicans— no this is my own interpretation of what I saw in a pop up.

There is now a TSB Tweet that has been posted with followers offering more perspective, insight, and questions. I’m thinking your view is the more likely scenario. Similar to the Judge HR gift boxes that we get.

Let’s hope the gift(s) are given in a lump sum to eliminate the lagging issues that were experienced from yesterday’s gifting overload.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    An awesome idea but too vague to get excited over.  More info @GluAdmin wpuld be nice.  Timeframe?  Real life rookies or guys with rookie tag in game?  Only active bonus rookies or any?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    edited August 2020
    I have two players with the Rookies banner (Polanco,Judge). In one round of Prime games they combined for 29 RBIs. So it can't be that ! Would be awesome though !!! More likely land a player like Robert and get 2500 PXP for every RBI he gets playing in real games over the weekend. Still like it though.
  • CthomCthom Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Why is this shit so hard for Glu?
    @whynot  Inbox News will give us our answer

@Rippers I do think that my initial thought are too good to be true. 

There is one of those “Rookie”s available in today’s box. Have they been rolling out “Rookie”s on the regular or was there a designated “Rookie” box a few weeks ago?
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    @whynot  Inbox News will give us our answer

Has to be the funniest thing I’ve heard in a long time!  Thanks for the laugh @t@Thumbsters
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    @whynot  Inbox News will give us our answer

Has to be the funniest thing I’ve heard in a long time!  Thanks for the laugh @t@Thumbsters
    Well played, Sir
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts

LMAO.  No, absolutely not.  There would be billions of PXP being given away.

I've played nothing but the bars on my counter, no gold spent, and just ONE "rookie" in my lineup.  41 games.  And they'd owe me over 100K PXP.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    They did something similar last year with Alonso and the rookie HR Record.  They were giving out LxP at the time. They only shorted us 2 HRs, if memory served.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Rookies in mlb came into today with roughly 139 rbis for the year.  
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts

LMAO.  No, absolutely not.  There would be billions of PXP being given away.

I've played nothing but the bars on my counter, no gold spent, and just ONE "rookie" in my lineup.  41 games.  And they'd owe me over 100K PXP.
    I wish I could benefit from this, but I’m on a 72 hour delayed start.
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    This was a generous program but I haven't received my #RookieBatMeIn rewards in a while. Anyone knows what happened?
    We are all beta testers
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    Start/end date wasn't set, so they didn't feel like being generous anymore lol 
  • TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    The announcement made you think it was for the year.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    The announcement made you think it was for the year.

Nah, what GLU did was typical. It likely ended within a week, especially after the boon for the customers after that first weekend.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service