Still no Mookie, and it sucks.

CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
Firstly, because of the state of the world and sensitivity levels I have to clarify that I'm not stating this to brag about it nor to whine... But I'm actually quite annoyed by it tbh (though many of us are used to it by now). I've spent almost $200 this weekend... Some of you know how many boxes I've opened having said that... Especially if you're a VIP as I've recently attained. To still have no Mookie is somewhat asinine when you count the gold I've blown on top of the aforementioned boxes. I'm just saying guys... The love has got be better reciprocated.
T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I spent over 120k gold on that box, and didn't get Wong or Mookie. Just how it goes sometimes... On Thursday I got every SR and Bum in less then 15k gold spent on those 1% boxes. Nothing you can really do, sometimes you ride hot and other times you can probably keep spending and still never pull him. Had a club mate get Mookie 4 times in 42k gold spent. LOL
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I spent over 120k gold on that box, and didn't get Wong or Mookie. Just how it goes sometimes... On Thursday I got every SR and Bum in less then 15k gold spent on those 1% boxes. Nothing you can really do, sometimes you ride hot and other times you can probably keep spending and still never pull him. Had a club mate get Mookie 4 times in 42k gold spent. LOL
    Now that is some bull💩 lol and I hear you on this, brother, just a bit frustrating is all. 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Cut ur loses and move on, I've bee down this road many times where I will keep spending to no prevail. Sometimes its just not meant to be, the good news is that Mookie & Wong aren't even that great. Both skill sets leave them less desirable then many other players.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Damn, I got Mookie from one of the free gifts yesterday, then the other 435 guy in CvC.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Agree dk is right. It took me so long to learn to cut my losses. Sooooo many times 😱. Especially this year boxes aren’t the same. Over 250k saved up now for the first legend I like that is released and that may not be enough to pull him. I’m prepared for the disappointment but I’ll still come here and complain 😂
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Firstly, because of the state of the world and sensitivity levels I have to clarify that I'm not stating this to brag about it nor to whine... But I'm actually quite annoyed by it tbh (though many of us are used to it by now). I've spent almost $200 this weekend... Some of you know how many boxes I've opened having said that... Especially if you're a VIP as I've recently attained. To still have no Mookie is somewhat asinine when you count the gold I've blown on top of the aforementioned boxes. I'm just saying guys... The love has got be better reciprocated.
    The situation you described, unfortunately, is somewhat familiar to many of us. It definitely leaves a bad taste and while I understand that real life isn't fair, tsb is a game. It should be fun and you should always feel like you're getting value/fun from games. Obviously, it doesn't always work out that way, but that end result would be a win/win for both Glu and the players. I really like what they did with the Southpaw boxes(guaranteed at 100 boxes). It's enough of a carrot to chase and worst case, you will eventually get your guy.

Anyways, love the respectful nature of your post. Many guys, understandably so, wouldn't be nearly as calm. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • PADRESSUCK619PADRESSUCK619 Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    I got Mookie on my first box on Friday. Then again, I got nothing but PXP from all the pitcher boxes on Thursday. It's how it goes sometimes.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I know your pain @Cleanupcrew but we all should of learned by now.  If your chasing then your screwed and go nobody to blame but yourself.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I’m of the opinion that boxes are “bucketed” in a sense.  How and why is irrelevant.

that said, my experience is that sometimes you simply are NOT going to pull a guy, regardless of what you spend.

so the advice above is very important.  If you don’t land them at a particular point, cut your losses and accept that it isn’t going to happen.  It saves a ton of gold, (real) cash and frustration.
    DFBB said:
    The situation you described, unfortunately, is somewhat familiar to many of us. It definitely leaves a bad taste and while I understand that real life isn't fair, tsb is a game. It should be fun and you should always feel like you're getting value/fun from games. Obviously, it doesn't always work out that way, but that end result would be a win/win for both Glu and the players. I really like what they did with the Southpaw boxes(guaranteed at 100 boxes). It's enough of a carrot to chase and worst case, you will eventually get your guy.

Anyways, love the respectful nature of your post. Many guys, understandably so, wouldn't be nearly as calm. 
    Very appreciative of that, brother, thank you. I try to take into account that not every player can be had regardless how bad you want em. Definitely agree with you on the idea for those Lefties Boxes... That was smart and it worked. We should lobby for those things to become weekly also. 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • ThumbstersThumbsters Registered Users, Member 267 Posts
    I’m of the opinion that boxes are “bucketed” in a sense.  How and why is irrelevant.

that said, my experience is that sometimes you simply are NOT going to pull a guy, regardless of what you spend.

so the advice above is very important.  If you don’t land them at a particular point, cut your losses and accept that it isn’t going to happen.  It saves a ton of gold, (real) cash and frustration.
    In my cloudy recollection of obtaining the premier player(s) from any boxes—it could be week day boxes OR weekend boxes— I get the premier within the first 2,500 gold spent. This includes the boxes received from Fan Reward tiers. So if I’m gonna get the guy it’s almost instant gratification. 

It’s when I’m bound and determined to get a guy, allowing myself to get caught up in chasing the player(s) that the bad taste in my mouth starts to develop. Early recognition of this is crucial and saves a lot of unnecessary toe kicking grief. Control those impulses, that is what the system is preying on.

In short, you are either going to get him or you’re not. The sooner you realize you are NOT, the sooner you can move on and get back to tapping for fun.

For me, it’s every 3 weeks (or so) that I get the premier player(s). I don’t keep track and catalog stuff anymore; however, I have been tapping for years — took a break in 2019 — and coached myself into letting the game come to me.

@Cleanupcrew : good to see you back on here posting again. Feels like you have been hiding in the shadows. Good luck and Happy Tapping, Player!

• xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Didn't buy a box all weekend, only player I pulled from all the free boxes was Myers, who was sent packng Monday morning.  Didn't buy any boxes on Monday either, I usually do at least the 2500 gold for fan rewards, only players I got from free boxes was Solek.  First free box Tuesday, bang Tatis.  Inactivity is rewarded.
    With the way I prefer to play, I have decided to go with patience after losing as much as 100K gold in a chase a few weeks ago. My max, if I spend, is 2500 on the last day of the offering. If I don't win the player in CvC, so be it. No point in sweating this until ATGs come out or it is the last two weeks of the year and you want a keeper.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    That’s exactly what I started doing a few weeks ago 
    Yep, save gold for days like today with that Paddock box. I may drop 20K later just for the PxP. If I don't get the pitcher, so be it. Resources are more valuable in the long run. Going to need 80K PxP just for skills for legends later on.

• GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    The PXP is good but I hate those pitcher boxes. In the Beard boxes at least I was chasing Moran which is a unicorn in this game.
    We are all beta testers
  • ESTXXLESTXXL Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    edited August 2020
    When your holder team gets everything from free boxes and still watches ads it's kind of ironic lol.. f2p 100% and gets all of it. My whole lineup besides Will Smith is Left handed. Murders pitchers lol.
    With the way I prefer to play, I have decided to go with patience after losing as much as 100K gold in a chase a few weeks ago. My max, if I spend, is 2500 on the last day of the offering. If I don't win the player in CvC, so be it. No point in sweating this until ATGs come out or it is the last two weeks of the year and you want a keeper.
    I agree with you bud, gonna stop sweating for certain guys. They've definitely capitalized off of that and it hasn't done me any favors in return. 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
    I've only done this once or twice, but when they offer the $20 bundle on the last day after 3PM CST, I've gotten the player each time that way. I know events are over, etc, but if you want them, that's another good shot.  Plus it is usually 12K in gold worth of boxes. Now that there are three or more Primes in a box, it is worth it for repulls as well.