WOH Today

Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
Is it me or is this WOH extremely difficult! What the hell is going on?

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Well I can’t speak from experience as there is no motivation for me to play today.  Glu does love to crank it up during double gold, big reason why I’m not tapping today. 😁
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    edited August 2020
    You are not alone. The pitcher rating haven't change since last Monday. I can't beat Newcomb with Austin Riley with max skills. Last week, I was cycling with Harper!!!
    We are all beta testers
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I hit a wall after my third cycle. Early sim rounds on Level 2 were coming back as losses. Then I got curved out for the first time in a while on 3.10. Then curved out again three times in a row on 4.10, so I think I'll just quit for the day and collect gold. Monday WoH is ruined anyway. Crappy prize with nerfed skills while playing a blue cash suck.  Royale is much more fun. Looking forward to Friday.

Prior to that, my first three cycles were pretty good.  New Mookie Betts dominated 6.10.  He got curved out once but after a video reboot on my second cycle I won without a single curve out. Weird how that happens. LOLOLOLOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    I get curveballs and double plays at 5.10. I was there at 6-5 with no outs and the game crashed. Flying colors!
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I’ve only done 2 cycles today, but it didn’t seem any different to me.  Granted, I had Chavis 12/12 skills to dominate Newcomb...no outs recorded.  All my team upgrades are 84 as well, so I don’t know if that could be part of the reason — if you don’t have the team upgrades that high.  Just trying to see if there could be a reason why.  🤷‍♂️
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    I’ve only done 2 cycles today, but it didn’t seem any different to me.  Granted, I had Chavis 12/12 skills to dominate Newcomb...no outs recorded.  All my team upgrades are 84 as well, so I don’t know if that could be part of the reason — if you don’t have the team upgrades that high.  Just trying to see if there could be a reason why.  🤷‍♂️
    Yeah, I think that you’re right, I don’t have my guys skills at 12, I have them at 10 however I was getting away with it, I guess it’s time to max up. My team skills are 82-84 so I’m going to max those as well and see what happens. Thanks sir. 
  • ESTXXLESTXXL Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    How convenient every freaking time AND IT'S NOT MY wifi!! 
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    edited August 2020
    😊🤔😡😜🤩 
    Yupyupyupyupyup
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Last six pitcher are all lefties. 
    I started today at 9:00 and just finished my 10th cycle. (I did take off from 1:00-3:00) Total waste of time I can never get back. I wasted way too much gold and have 500,000 less cash than I started with. Also, Riley with maxed skills went 1-5 with 80 gold boost and the “live boost” against Newcomb. Seriously? I also went 0-7 on every video restart on Level 5. Fool me once, shame on Glu. I will not fall for it next Monday. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Remember when the Monday woh thread used to be several pages long? I couldn’t wait cycle and share it or share my frustration either way lol 
    Now.. Crickets 🦗 
    But hey as long as glu is making money 💰 👍🏻 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    One thing I would like some feedback from other on is the experience at higher levels (4.10, 5.9 and 5.10) with and without the video retry available.  I cycle enough with a team tailored to beat WOH, that I see a ton of these rounds, and the number of times I have gotten my ass handed to me at one of those levels with a guy thats previously beaten the exact same level with ease multiple times, only to video retry, and go right back to smoking them....is off the charts.

I'm almost to the point that I dont WANT the video restart available as I'm doing higher levels as it seems to only negativly effect my RNG

edited August 2020
    One thing I would like some feedback from other on is the experience at higher levels (4.10, 5.9 and 5.10) with and without the video retry available.  I cycle enough with a team tailored to beat WOH, that I see a ton of these rounds, and the number of times I have gotten my ass handed to me at one of those levels with a guy thats previously beaten the exact same level with ease multiple times, only to video retry, and go right back to smoking them....is off the charts.

I'm almost to the point that I dont WANT the video restart available as I'm doing higher levels as it seems to only negativly effect my RNG

LMAO.  Less than 10 minutes after typing this, Mookie, who has absolutely DOMINATED Chapman all day....gets score to 5-4....then goes two straight noodle hits to lose.  

Vid Restart:  HR, Single, Walk, HR to win

Chavis then clears 5.10 without recording an out.  9th cycle done.

This shit is so F'n rigged

My team is also tailored to WOH. I don’t really keep track but it does seem as though most of the times what you are saying is accurate. Lose to someone you normally beat, video restart and then get by him with no problem. Today I experienced the opposite. I went 0-7 if my memory is correct with that scenario. It was only on Level 5 though. It happened with Snell, Chapman and Newcomb. I would lose and then video restart and then lose again. Sometimes without a hit. I’ve never experienced that before.
    edited August 2020
    Holy F'n Hell....I just had the exact same sequence on 5.9!

Get the score to 5-4, 1 Out: Noodle Noodle.  Vid Restart:  Hammer Chapman and win with just one out

5.10:  Chavis clears easily for 10th cycle complete 

This is insane
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    No, this is Glu. 
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    I just completed the 10th cycle. I ran into the same problems mentioned above. I believe it is programmed to force the video usage to make using gold more probable. Just a hunch. 
  • ESTXXLESTXXL Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    How convenient every time and cs it's not my wifi!! Got 5 and should have been 8 in and yeah the walks on Odor were two out of three lol.. please
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    It feels like upgrades are becoming more important.  I have hitting coach/trainer/clutch at 100/100/85 and used Riley (12/12 skills, 90 pennants) on 5.10 - he was a perfect 20 for 20.  5.7 gave me fits though, I lost there a handful of times because I don't have another prime with two active skills with the bases empty.  I think 20 cycles is just unreasonable, as I lost most of my day even though I basically cruised through, but I'm excited to see what Friday's tower will bring us.
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    @TheFullMonte

I don’t keep data on it, so feel free to discount my perceived observations as you wish, but I have long felt that I consistently experience what you are describing.  A crazy curve out round where I had no chance, then a video restart, then an absolute mashing on the order of 7 runs on 7 batters and done. 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    It feels like upgrades are becoming more important.  I have hitting coach/trainer/clutch at 100/100/85 and used Riley (12/12 skills, 90 pennants) on 5.10 - he was a perfect 20 for 20.  5.7 gave me fits though, I lost there a handful of times because I don't have another prime with two active skills with the bases empty.  I think 20 cycles is just unreasonable, as I lost most of my day even though I basically cruised through, but I'm excited to see what Friday's tower will bring us.
    I only did 3 cycles, but did 20 last Monday.  Both weeks, Amir Garrett at 5.7 seemed to cause the most problems, especially when I used Cruz or Stanton.  However, on my 2nd and 3rd cycle today, I used Keeper Cabrera (double LHP and 12/12) and he breezed both times.  On my 3rd cycle, I used only players with double always active skills, and the entirety of level 5 was a complete breeze.  For 5.5-5.10, I used Longoria (LHP, Late), Laureano (double LHP), Cabrera (double LHP), Swanson (double LHP), Riley (double LHP), and Chavis (double LHP) — all with skills at 12/12.  It was so much more effective than including Cruz, Bell, Stanton, and Mondesi.  Just proves how important double always active skills are for WoH.  I kind of already knew this, but I, stubbornly, always want to use the highest rated/shiny new players, lol.
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    To me the last 6 hours were easier than the first 6.
    We are all beta testers

The video restart deal is what saved me in 2019 as well.  My issues with Bob Gibson on 6.9 were well listed here. The vast majority of the time, I had to use the video reboot on Gibson bc of the curve outs, then I would mow through both him and Ruth without an out to win.

This year is the same thing with Chapman and Scherzer, though I've been beating Champan pretty handily since I got foil Turner and Scherzer since I got Moran.

Yesterday was the first time I've been curved out this many times in a while, especially in lower rounds and levels.  When that last video reboot resulted in another curve out on 4.10, I just hung it up. This isn't fun anymore anyway with this set up and garbage prize. Not to mention the video boosts still don't work half the time. At least it didn't crash on me yesterday.

Royale is in a few days. That's way more fun, less expensive, and if you get screwed it isn't as painful bc you don't have to put up as many runs to complete Level 5. Nothing sucks harder than grinding out 20+ runs to get to 5.10 only to have the game make you "lose".

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    You keep talking about how Royale is so much better that it sounds like you're daring them to make it suck as bad as Monday's.  :#
    I'm counting on it eventually being ruined as well. No worries. LOLOL