Options

Activated Skills

baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
I know a lot of people mentioned last season that it would be nice to see which skills were activated and when. Now that we have the skills shown and activated/deactivated, do you think it makes a difference? I’m still not sure if it does as it still feels like (specifically in WOH) that the at bat is pre-determined. If that’s the case, doesn’t it defeat the point or was it just to appease us? I’m curious to see others thoughts on this.

Comments

• Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I'm in the very extreme minority here, but I was disappointed to see skills being displayed as active/inactive. End of the day, I think it was a great move because it's something a large majority of the community wanted. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    edited August 2020
    I'm still not sure it's more than just a display thing. Bell is a perfect example; there are times he starts an AB without any active skills and if he gets a hit that first AB there is high probability he will clear the level. If he makes an out however (against hittable pitches) the probability is greatly reduced though he does eventually activate both skills later in the sequence.

Then there's the waves of 'good RNG' and 'bad RNG'. Eaton last Wednesday was not the easiest cycle cap through the first 10 cycles. Cost some gold on restarts and there was moderately low to moderate frustration. Took an hour or so in the evening to do stuff away from the game and back at it again around 7pm EST and the last 10 cycles were cake. So much so I think I only lost a sim once and never lost any round I manually played, no gold spent on boosts all day.

Long story short, there are many other variables that come into play; upgrades, live boost/stat boost, RNG and then everyone's favorite Glu intervention which I believe is a very real aspect of the game.
  • Options
    baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Yes I had a scenario where my batter had one skill activated and he hit a home run and then followed by two singles. Now that he had two skills activated, he proceeded to make two consecutive outs and I ultimately lost the round shortly thereafter. My batter did better that round with only one skill activated than he did with two skills. I don’t keep data so I don’t know for sure but it just got me thinking about it.
  • Options
    numb3r5numb3r5 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I have, on occasion, noticed a skill activation light flashing on and off. Normally the first AB and normally on a skill I would have thought should be on. No idea why, or whether it has an impact on game play. Could just be a visual thing, could be a huge conspiracy...