Bring back cooldown!

whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
Just want to ruffle some feathers.  If cooldown is the only way to end points 4 gifts then bring it on!

In my humble, and soon to be bashed, opinion p4g is the worse change the game has made in the last year.  Let the bashing begin!  😂😂
I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
- Blueleopard
Prev1

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Or just make it that PTS dont count when you leave your club? Why do you need cool down? There are many others way around this issue. Cool down is not it.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Or just make it that PTS dont count when you leave your club? Why do you need cool down? There are many others way around this issue. Cool down is not it.
    Just making a point.  I’m happy with anything that ends it but let’s face it, cooldown would hurt the p4g teams the most. 🤣🤣
    - Blueleopard
    Cool down is the worst thing that has happened to this game. The best way to handle this is IMPLEMENT a cool-down during EVENT HOURS only. There is no need to have cool-down that runs non stop, the reason they do is to bleed its players for more resources. You see them selling evo all last week? Why do you support something that only hurts the players, you dont like points 4 gifts? Sure, ok. Where do you think that money goes? GLU makes money off those gifts, why would they want to give that up?
    – The Great Houmy
    Can’t argue with any of your points.  Just want p4g to end, even if that means cooldown.  P4g kills the game much worse than cooldown for me. 😁
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited August 2020
    @whynot option 3 just for you!!!
    – The Great Houmy
    Why implement a cooldown in the 4th quarter of the year? Dumb. Maybe they want more people to quit 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    I’m on board
    $$$$$$$$$
    – The Great Houmy
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:

I find it interesting that Glu wants it to be our decision 🤔. I guess they don't want the blood on their hands anymore😂 

Even so I am partial to option number 2. I despise cool down and PFG. Both, imo, adversely affect the game negatively.
    DFBB said:

I find it interesting that Glu wants it to be our decision 🤔. I guess they don't want the blood on their hands anymore😂 

Even so I am partial to option number 2. I despise cool down and PFG. Both, imo, adversely affect the game negatively.
    I don’t think it is our decision it’s a way for them as you said not to have blood on their hands. No matter what is said in global there will be a cooldown.
     It’s all BS 
    dkarski87 said:
    @whynot option 3 just for you!!!
    Looks that way to me too. 😂😂  Well played glu!

Obviously they have no interest in ending p4g so my credit card will stay tucked away.
    - Blueleopard
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:

I don’t think it is our decision it’s a way for them as you said not to have blood on their hands. No matter what is said in global there will be a cooldown.
     It’s all BS 
    Agreed. Never thought it'd be our decision just found it interesting they said the decision is ours. This is how it would go... Glu would make the decision for cool down (not actually listening to the gamers) and covertly they say, "after overwhelming support for it by all the gamers we now have cool down." Then we all start using them as a verbal dart board then they will come back and say, "we didn't make the decision you all did." The good ole' doc will then start a thread called #decisiongate to expose the lies.

Maybe not exactly like that but it could be a good narrative though. We shall soon see.....
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    It would end CVC sniping. Just don’t make the window as long as it was last year.
    Or just lock your clubs and you dont have snipers???
    – The Great Houmy
  • melindavemelindave Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Or just lock your clubs and you dont have snipers???
    It’s as simple as that.  I’m not a sniper and I was sniped several times in the past before the cool down periods started.  The easiest way to prevent it is to lock down your own club.  That way you don’t need to worry about it.  Pretty simple solution since evo is a hard to come by resource. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Permanently ban anyone that ever leaves a club for any reason 🤘🏻😎🤘🏻
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    My club is private. But I get beat by snipers especially players that leave their holders in a club and then jump in when they get a matchup they like.
    Everyone on this forum has holders for their clubs. Thats why we all built our diamond clubs... Would you feel better seeing your opponent at the beginning of the match versus him joining later? Makes no difference, the outcome will be the same.
    – The Great Houmy
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    I’m on a 5 month cooldown and I love it 🤷‍♂️
    I seriously don’t think sniping is the issue.  Yes it happens and yes guys complain about it.  I just don’t the the sniper victims spend much therefore glu doesn’t care.  Just stop points for gifts and problem is solved.
    - Blueleopard
    You don’t think it affects the draw in the matches?
    Matches are based on previously scored rounds, weather someone is inside or not has no relevance.
    – The Great Houmy
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    edited August 2020
    I’ve heard every argument here to extent. Like Dkarski said, allow it on after hours. The fact is that Cooldown does destroy this game...in every aspect. P4G’s...nothing wrong with that. If I’m bored, I usually jump on this ship. I’ve had clubs pay me to put up points, and then the opponent pay me to stop. It’s beautiful 
    P4g’s ruins the game and if p4g guys don’t want cool down then I want cool down! 🤣
    - Blueleopard
    Seriously, how can points 4 gifts benefit glu?  What am I missing?

i can pay $1 for 100 million points.  It cost me $50 + just to buy the boxes to pull guys that can put up those points.  

I’m ashamed to admit I spent over $1k last year.  When guys like me lose to teams that hire guys, we quit spending all together.  I’m sure there are many other guys that have did the same.

Obviously I am missing something because we all know glu is in the business of making money.
    - Blueleopard
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    There are so many ways to fix this practice without hurting that overwhelming majority of TSB players.  Unfortunately, GLU lacks both creativity and competent coding.  So that throws a lot of options out the window.

And L-O-F’ing-L at this being a “vote on Global” process.  GLU doesn’t give two flying sheets about your opinion on Cooldown.  You’re getting it regardless.  They did however get a bunch of idiots to bicker back and forth and drain an immense amount of gold from peoples accounts.  

The horrific inconsistency here of course is the juxtaposition of this Cooldown shit against every other change made in 2020 that catered to Spoc’s “whales.”  But NOOOOOOWWWWW we care about the little guys, and the small clubs.  Sure.  Got it.  

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid GLU assumes all their users are.  “This guy has the disposable income to drop 15k a year on a stupid mobile game.  No way he’s smart enough to see we’re attempting to eliminate every possible method of resource gathering that doesn’t require a credit card.  He’ll never see that coming.”
  • mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    I think we’ve benefited more from CVC sniping lol. We battle and then next matchup face some club with the same ranking only to be some absentee owner. We lock our club down which is key. Sniper has moved on and we cake walk. 
  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    i still say they just tweek the code used for stripping points when a team jails and apply it to when a team joins/leave during event.  points for gifts sucks 100% but cooldown can be avoided if the devs can bring this to reality.  that combined with no limit to loyalty boxes would be ideal.  the 50 box limit was only instituted after gg was used to exploit the boxes to maximize gold pulls from them in '17.  it was a bandaid fix that was never truly revisited other than stopping pulling players/resources added to it via gg. bi'd say loyalty as a whole needs a massive overhaul.  anything with franchise coins does for that matter