Time for less Club Sprint Events

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
edited August 2020 in General TSB Discussion
This is my reaction when seeing "Club Sprint Event II" is tomorrow when "Club Sprint Event I" was yesterday and "Club Sprint Main Event" just ran for 3 days prior to that. 
WOH has been out for what, 3 years now? A new event would be welcome.  It's long overdue to reduce the volume of the most redundant event in the game. 

Time for something new, or at least an improvement of something old. 

There's no reason for this event to run any more than one day a week plus Royale day/weekend. 

Comments

• sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    The Sprint event is a relic of how the game used to be played. We have all moved way beyond it now. The fact they still have it 5 days a week is pretty sad. I agree with you that they need to come up with a new event to replace it. I know Slugfest was unpopular because of how difficult it is for higher players. Maybe offer different towers or perhaps have both Slugfest and bash where you can score points. Whatever they do, I’d too would like to see less sprint events.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Absolutely, there is nothing more boring than a week with multiple sprint events. At least the double gold schedule is back to being on sprint weekends, so we don't have to split time between royale and double gold. Maybe one day they will realize how boring this event is, and come up with something more exciting like having bash as an day event, or even dinger (tickets recharge during this time like prime events).
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I hate prime games and I really hate that they matter so much when the dot 30 is on the line. The vocal crowd, both here and on other social outlets, have been heard loud and clear. Unfortunately, business is business and it's not an accident that we see them so often.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    The Sprint event is a relic of how the game used to be played. We have all moved way beyond it now. The fact they still have it 5 days a week is pretty sad. I agree with you that they need to come up with a new event to replace it. I know Slugfest was unpopular because of how difficult it is for higher players. Maybe offer different towers or perhaps have both Slugfest and bash where you can score points. Whatever they do, I’d too would like to see less sprint events.
    Slugfest would be a fine replacement for Prime 2. It makes even more sense than it used to now that you have a level playing field without separate Slugfest rosters.

All it needs is some tweaking to make it more reasonable at higher levels and I don't know why that hasn't happened and we still see Club Sprint after Club Sprint. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I expect the prime events to continue as they always have. It is all about buying boxes, completing sets, and paying for extra energy bars. Most lucrative days of the week for Glu, until people stop spending. Which is never happening.