Options

How do Pennants help my team?

ehorsley33ehorsley33 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
Sorry for the noob question but I have my pirates and Phillies maxed out and doesn’t appear my players stats are any better unlike the ability boost that you can see when at bat.

Comments

• Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    There isn't a super easy way to answer this question because its one of those things that depends on who you ask.
    One thing we know for sure is that helps team strength.
    After that its up for debate, i tend to think it makes a slight difference in overall games like BGs/Tournaments but not sure on other modes like walkoff.
  • Options
    trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited August 2020
    The biggest game modes it makes a difference in is CVC and Season mode. Put in a player (let's say a Gold 10 prime player) with zero pennants into bat at CVC, watch him hit dribblers to the pitcher. Now give him 30% pennants, your mouth will drop at the difference. Don't believe me? Try it for yourself
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Once i hit Plat, I've often wondered what the best balance is.  is it more important to have all guys on the roster at say 40/80 at a minimum?  Or more important to have top guys at 70/80 or better?
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Based on my results/observation, I think pennants do matter for modes like tourneys/bgs/primes. It's incremental, but, every little bit helps. Fwiw, I'm in the camp that believes they do NOT matter for WoH.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    @DFBB what is your opinion for CVC? Same as the post above?
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Back in TSB ‘18 I thought they did help in WOH. ‘19 and ‘20 I’d say inconclusive. As for where to use them I believe in loading up your keepers and very best players first, as they are going to stick around on your roster the longest. I don’t worry so much about players I know will be replaced sooner rather than later. Also when trying to decide between two similarly rated players I’ll go with the one that I have other active players from same team so pennants become sort of two for one.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    @DFBB what is your opinion for CVC? Same as the post above?
    I'm not sure to be honest. I want to think it helps, but I have nothing conclusive either way.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Agree inconclusive, but both Pedroia and Pollock improved in WOH once I bumped their pennants to at least 50/60. Pollock could not beat Chapman prior to that. 
  • Options
    sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    Agree inconclusive, but both Pedroia and Pollock improved in WOH once I bumped their pennants to at least 50/60. Pollock could not beat Chapman prior to that. 
    I’ve noticed this too. Mostly because WOH is one of the few manually played events. Early on I had my keeper and Gregorious. When I started using Didi, he wasn’t winning. He was mostly grounding into double plays. I started using my keeper and then I could win. After a couple of weeks, Didi’s pennants were higher and then he became the closer and my keeper couldn’t win. So there seems to be some sort of difference, even if it is a small one. I think the 100% makes it seem like it will double their rating or performance. But really, it’s 100% of some small upgrade like 2 or 5 points. My experience is it’s not that noticeable unless you have two players with very similar ratings and a difference in pennants.