Royale 8/21

2Next

Comments

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    edited August 2020
    I’ve had good luck so far using Prime Conforto 8/8. Also had good luck with Gallo until yesterday. Use him on 4.9 now. 
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    Try to sit back and swing late with Tanaka. Generally works well. I play every round manually (sick of wasting 💰 on seemingly rando auto play). As a result see a lot of the frickery first hand, while also gaining a better understanding of each pitchers slow fastballs vs. fast change ups, hittable curves, etc. Though I do notice one pitcher in each level that is close to an unbeatable roadblock. So I don’t waste a vid replay, I give a grumble and start round over knowing next time through usually get solid (realistic) contact and only need a few swings to beat a guy I just ground out 3 extra innings to still lose to. Trevor May seems to be my level 5 roadblock nemesis this weekend. Castillo is a pain too with consistent un-hittable garbage that results in a need to capitalize on anything hittable. My 2 cents anyway...
  • CthomCthom Registered Users, Member 105 Posts
    Tanaka and May are roughly the same which is throwing mush balls. On Tanaka next time try a righty. It's counter but for some reason when they are pulling that crap with him the righty bashes balls in the oppo alley. I also noticed, whether real or in my head, that switch hitters are much better vs these guys. I have a Polanco that tears them up and can't explain it.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Just finished cycle #20, still haven't had to reset a level yet (a couple video restarts here and there when I wasn't really paying attention to the game), cruising through this weekend. Last week I had a full BXP lineup, here is my new WOH lineup (skills at 8/8 except keepers/ML at 12/12):

5.5- prime Tatis / prime Ramirez (HH, RISP)
    5.6 - prime foil Judge (ROB, RISP)
    5.7 - Babe Ruth (ROB x2)
    5.8 - prime foil Cruz (ROB x2)
    5.9 - prime foil Soto (LHP, Blowout)
    5.10 - my legend (RHP x2, hit & power stats are equal instead of maxing hit)

For some reason Cruz does better than any of my lefties against Scherzer on 5.8, anyone else experience this?
    Luck is at an all time right now on box pulls
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Caveat is I'm in diamond but I've had a fairly easy time with the tower this weekend, have 25 wins and have my first capped prime this season.  May seems to give me the most resistance though I'm still winning about 75-80% of matchups against him.  Started with about 260k prime and have just over 300k now and I'll probably get a few more in as I need to restock cash and BGs for next week.

• spaghettiloverspaghettilover Registered Users 59 Posts
    I must say, this is the most fun I've had with WOH in a long time. I'm at 23 cycles now. It actually feels like I'm being rewarded for putting time in this weekend rather than just grinding against a brick wall of RNG. I'm at gold. Team strength is 115K. Closer is My Legend with skills (RHP/RHP) at 12/12.
    edited August 2020
    Does anyone know if its possible to turn off live boosts? On my 21st cycle after not having a problem with any pitchers, I start getting curved out on level 4 and 5. Given my platinum 10 lineup (see earlier post), it is obvious that the live boost actually hurts your team instead of helping it. I recall another post a player made on this forum a few weeks back, showing that his team's batting average during the live boost was lower compared to regular game play (data taken over a large amount of games). 
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Just completed the 25 cycle challenge! 15 yesterday was pretty easy. The last 10 today was much tougher. Don't know why as the players were the same. Best thing was I didn't spend any gold ! Most fun I had all year yesterday playing WOH. Today was more of a chore and not a lot of fun. 
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Is non-prime Yaz supposed to get repull rewards?  I had him at B10 and did my second cycle, got the prime Yaz, but other one stayed at B10.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    It seems to be either/or, you don’t get the BXP and the Prime pull in the same round. That was my experience this weekend and seems to be the consensus from the posts I have seen here. Given that the cycle counter for the BXP player is 1 I think we should get him every round but this is still worth the effort for f2p players.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    edited August 2020
    But should non-prime Yaz go from B10 to S1 after the second cycle?

Or is this the “must be in your lineup and active “ rule?
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    xracman said:
    Should? Yes. Does it happen? No. They first said it should, then said it shouldn’t. I’ve never seen it happen. Some say it does for them. Customer Service will say it won’t so they don’t have to pay out compensation. 
    xracman said:

Or is this the “must be in your lineup and active “ rule?
    I’ve had him unlocked in my subs all cycles. he only gets a bump in the rounds where I do not get the Prime.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I'm going for #15 right now. I landed Seager this week and join a stat boost club and it makes a big difference.

My biggest challenge and fail rate right now is Tanaka. I'm using Prime Harper agaisnt him. Anyone has an inside on how to matchup Tanaka?
    Tanaka since day one has been my Kryptonite, but prime Conforto works good. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Tanaka is a monster.  Prime Castro crushes him on auto play everytime.  Before Castro I found that keeper Piazza with double woh skills worked best manually even though he is a rhb.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    Have not had any trouble with Tanaka all weekend.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Joe Jimenez is such a pretty lady.
    edited August 2020
    Why are people struggling against Tanaka (4.6)?  I always autoplay against him with success - but I make sure to use a strong player (this weekend was prime foil judge at P10 with skills at 8/8)
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I guess I had enough motivation lol. 15 cycles no gold spent. I feel dirty after all this. 🤣😂

• drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    edited August 2020
    I did 16 to get the extra PxP from the repull. I have no desire to play the event today knowing it will be twice as expensive, take longer to beat, and the player will be worse as well as nerfed. Looking forward to Wednesday.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I lost track but I think I did 27 cycles. It's a grind (15 hours give or take) but I have capped Prime Yas on my lineup and more PXP than at the beginning of Royale.

I think we had Gallo last Monday. He's a lefty and was a nice addition. He's pretty useful for WOH with ROB/RISP (5.6-5.9).  He's not your closer but he's not far behind.  There is a dozen of players that I would take before but given the odds I have pulled only one (Seager).
    We are all beta testers
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I did 16 to get the extra PxP from the repull. I have no desire to play the event today knowing it will be twice as expensive, take longer to beat, and the player will be worse as well as nerfed. Looking forward to Wednesday.
    I did 25 cycles (so much for me trying to give up the game) and was done by 8 pm on Saturday with very sporadic Saturday play (I even missed two CvCs due to family stuff). I was in a 1.1 stat boost club, so that helped, but I didn’t find Saturday appreciably more difficult. A few random auto play losses more than on Friday, but nothing crazy. I thought the difficulty was pretty comparable Friday and Saturday. I didn’t play Sunday. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    My final tally was 33, 14 Friday, 14 Saturday and 5 on Sunday with 2 of those after 10:00 pm.  Not sure how much I'll play today have appointments and my team not well set up for HoF due to lack of RHB at the end.  Prizes would help the situation but don't have the evo to push them to a position where I could cap the prime with 8 or so wins.
  • mastodonrocksmastodonrocks Registered Users, Member 55 Posts
    I did around 26 cycles and whoever said it's harder during live boost wasn't mistaken.  I autoplayed almost the entire thing without a hitch and then live boost comes on and I struggled through round 4 and gave up on 5.7 because I didn't want to spend more gold.  5.7 was easy too.  It must live boost the pitching too?