Delayed Starts for Club Events (please help me out here)

muncybombmuncybomb Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
Hey folks,

So ... I've been playing TSB for about 2 years. I'm an active player and I've been in clubs, obviously. But until a few days ago I'd never heard of clubs delaying their login / start times to "get a better bracket". Until yesterday I was in a club that was really big and fussy on delays. They wanted to delay for 3 hours, and I left that club, because to me, losing 3 hours out of a 12-hour event does not make any sense. So, I have questions. I tried searching existing threads here for answers but didn't find any. 

1. Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what does the "bracket" mean? Is it the CVC matchups? Or the bracket for individual rounds of the club event? Or both?
2. What exactly does a delay accomplish, in regard to said brackets?
3. Is it not counterproductive to lose out on the playing time, as a result of said delay? Would it not be better to use that time to put up points instead?

Please help me out, thanks guys. 

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    No, delays aren’t worth it.  It’s just like Bigfoot.  You hear about it but it never pans out.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    muncybomb said:
    Hey folks,

So ... I've been playing TSB for about 2 years. I'm an active player and I've been in clubs, obviously. But until a few days ago I'd never heard of clubs delaying their login / start times to "get a better bracket". Until yesterday I was in a club that was really big and fussy on delays. They wanted to delay for 3 hours, and I left that club, because to me, losing 3 hours out of a 12-hour event does not make any sense. So, I have questions. I tried searching existing threads here for answers but didn't find any. 

1. Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what does the "bracket" mean? Is it the CVC matchups? Or the bracket for individual rounds of the club event? Or both?
    2. What exactly does a delay accomplish, in regard to said brackets?
    3. Is it not counterproductive to lose out on the playing time, as a result of said delay? Would it not be better to use that time to put up points instead?

Please help me out, thanks guys. 
    1)There are 'x' amount of brackets and it generally refers to the club events. Currently, for cvc/clash/bash, there is just one global bracket. 

2)If there are multiple brackets, a delay can often get you in a bracket with clubs that are less active than the ones that start from the very beginning of the event. Or at least, that's the idea.

3)Tsb is played on a curve. 'Weaker' competition means that less points is needed and sometimes, it'll play right into a person's schedule. 

Personally, I'm not a fan of delays at all. It's not fun. Sure, it can be more efficient, but again, fun is the name of the game. Fwiw, my club usually does a 'natural' delay. By that, I mean, it takes us a few minutes to process the boxes for the day and after that, we just get after it. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    A bracket is what clubs you compete against in the event rankings - notice how Gluminati is not always in the top 10? That's because you are in a different bracket. Has nothing to do with CVC.

Delays actually do work - my friend and I did some research the past few events to test it to find the ideal starting time. We both have solo platinum clubs with a few top 10 finishes (minors), so we had all other things essentially equal except the start times. Each day, we would start at different times and compared the brackets we were in. Let's just say that this weekend, my solo club did a short delay (faster start time) and finished with 6 billion points in 23rd place. My friend did a longer delay, and my score would of been 5th place in his bracket. So its not counter-productive to lose out on the playing time.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    I just started 6 hours into the event and I'm in the same bracket as Sparta, go figure.  I might do half a cycle.
    Just no.  
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    I just started 6 hours into the event and I'm in the same bracket as Sparta, go figure.  I might do half a cycle.
    You waited too long, I think the longest delay is 4 hours - anything after that and you get layered into a prexisting bracket - looks like you got the worst one. Also, when a new bracket is created (let's say at noon), once it hits a certain limit, if your club starts after it is filled, you will be placed in an earlier bracket as well.
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Played one game on by alt account on Saturday after bash was over and got this gem it’s safe to say it’s all about the luck of the draw this is a majors cub too dormant I was in 65th place and the game was not 250 points BG multiplier x8 so it’s all luck tbh the 2 top clubs were solo guys 🤷🏽‍♂️