No More El Spendo

CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
Between box odds, being given repeated low end players at the same positions I don't need, and not being able to pull any big name bats in the last 4/5 weeks (Mookie, Judge, Soto...) -  I've finally hit the cut my losses wall fr this time and I'm just going to play out the remainder of the season saving my money and doing less. I'm okay with that, but this season has really zapped the joy from the game IMHO. Just being honest.

How about for any of you guys? 
T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
Prev1

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did someone say rigged boxes?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    whynot said:
    😭🤣 But seriously, I'm certain they're bracketed on their end. We know it, we just try to live in denial
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    whynot said:
    😭🤣 But seriously, I'm certain they're bracketed on their end. We know it, we just try to live in denial
    Totally agree with you!
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Unfortunately, you’ll log in one day and open up a free gift with a top player, and you’ll be dragged through the mud again.  The trick is to not care. Unless you can smash BGs and Tourney at Diamond while doing your 9-5, I wouldn’t fret about it.  Everything comes in waves...
  • txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Judge from a free gift and Soto from video achievement box so it’s just the luck of the draw tbh 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I’m on a long stretch of not pulling the top guy, but really it just comes and goes. If you’re not someone who spends to get every guy in every box, then you just have to ride the waves. 
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    Totally agree. I find if you look at all the players you have gotten over a few months the odds are actually better than what they say . It definitely comes in streaks 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Grizzly99 said:
    Totally agree. I find if you look at all the players you have gotten over a few months the odds are actually better than what they say . It definitely comes in streaks 
    Exactly, there is no point in chasing anymore. You get who you get after the first couple thousand gold + cvc/gift boxes. Chasing no longer works. If its your time, then you can play in the event. Otherwise, just wait for your luck to come back around.
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    I will only spend 2500 to get the rewards boxes too
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    I've done my share of chasing but no more. The odds are just too bad. Really wanted Freeman today and decided to buy 10 boxes. Haven't bought any in two weeks. After the first 5 I claimed the 3 free boxes in FR. Landed Freeman on the second of those  boxes! 
    Rippers said:
    I've done my share of chasing but no more. The odds are just too bad. Really wanted Freeman today and decided to buy 10 boxes. Haven't bought any in two weeks. After the first 5 I claimed the 3 free boxes in FR. Landed Freeman on the second of those  boxes! 
    I had a gift card and really liked the look of that Freeman, so I chased. Spent about 27k gold, then bought the $15 club gift bundle, then just bought the $20 for 20 boxes bundle. Got everyone a million times, but no Freeman or Burnes. It just leaves me scratching my head at how much the whales spend on every event. It’s lunacy. 

Oh well, back to F2P for a while. 
    Of course I landed Freeman again today on a CVC box. Figures...lol !!!
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Geez Rippers! Send some of that luck my way! 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Having those counters reset when you pull a 350 max player makes it a lot harder.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Yeah, it would be nice if they upped the counter to expire at the best BXP player instead of the 1-level about sh*t guy.
  • yankeenut23yankeenut23 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Yeah very hit or miss this year...mostly miss
    Metsicans said:
    Rippers said:
    I had a gift card and really liked the look of that Freeman, so I chased. Spent about 27k gold, then bought the $15 club gift bundle, then just bought the $20 for 20 boxes bundle. Got everyone a million times, but no Freeman or Burnes. It just leaves me scratching my head at how much the whales spend on every event. It’s lunacy. 

Looks like you learned the hard way, spending money on this app will not get you a player anymore. Each event you are pre-assigned what players you will get, no point in chasing anymore. I stop between 2,500-5,000 gold depending on the event.
    Metsicans said:
    Rippers said:

Looks like you learned the hard way, spending money on this app will not get you a player anymore. Each event you are pre-assigned what players you will get, no point in chasing anymore. I stop between 2,500-5,000 gold depending on the event.
    Well, I knew what I was getting into, I’ve been playing for years so I know how hard it can be to pull that 1% guy. I was sitting on a gift card and a bunch of saved up gold, so I figured it was worth a shot. 

I don’t drink the Glu Kool-Aid, but I don’t buy this “pre-determined” theory. My point was more that the big players get every guy in every box. If 27K gold and $35 don’t get you even one of the top two players, how much do those guys spend on every event?  I just think it’s crazy. There was a time in this game when if you spent that kind of gold you actually got something in return. Now it’s a drop in the ocean. 
    Metsicans said:
    Metsicans said:
    Rippers said:

Well, I knew what I was getting into, I’ve been playing for years so I know how hard it can be to pull that 1% guy. I was sitting on a gift card and a bunch of saved up gold, so I figured it was worth a shot. 

I don’t drink the Glu Kool-Aid, but I don’t buy this “pre-determined” theory. My point was more that the big players get every guy in every box. If 27K gold and $35 don’t get you even one of the top two players, how much do those guys spend on every event?  I just think it’s crazy. There was a time in this game when if you spent that kind of gold you actually got something in return. Now it’s a drop in the ocean. 
    And this is why I refuse to continue to give them anymore than I already have, it's asinine and it's an abuse if you allow yourself to get sucked in. It shouldn't make you feel like sh*t to spend your hard earned money, and this game continues to worsen when it comes to that. Not worth it at all. 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
    After this weekend I think I came to a sensible conclusion at the right time. This is an absolute joke. We're being literally sh*tted on. 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
    After this weekend I think I came to a sensible conclusion at the right time. This is an absolute joke. We're being literally sh*tted on. 
    Why I stopped spending money on this game a long time ago
    You did the right thing. 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
    You did the right thing. 
    You’ll never get your Blue Vip Badge with that attitude...😅
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Who cares... Just a badge saying I flushed more money down the toilet than you did....
    edited August 2020
    Who cares... Just a badge saying I flushed more money down the toilet than you did....
    Exactly, its like one of those signs from high school that says "kick me"
    Not spending but as a SOX fan really want Robert. Hopefully I get him over the weekend (0-24) so far. But I did get this guy on the EB boxes. 
    More like the infamous Next morning walk of shame after getting loaded and going home with a heffer  
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    0.2%...! 0.2% chance  to pull 440 Shane Bieber is near criminal!!  🤢 Not that I’m chasing but to think I used to chase players like that on the daily. I honestly feel sorry for anyone chasing a player with these ridiculous odds. 
    Yes I know the odds are clearly listed but it doesn’t make it any less criminal 😳
     Anything under 1% 👎 and even 1% is ridiculous! 
    0.2%...! 0.2% chance  to pull 440 Shane Bieber is near criminal!!  🤢 Not that I’m chasing but to think I used to chase players like that on the daily. I honestly feel sorry for anyone chasing a player with these ridiculous odds. 
    Yes I know the odds are clearly listed but it doesn’t make it any less criminal 😳
     Anything under 1% 👎 and even 1% is ridiculous! 
    Precisely. 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • yankeenut23yankeenut23 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    🙄🙄