TSB20: We Lost A Lot Of Good Men Out There

Comments

• NotTodayNotToday Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Yikes. Rambo is going to be on here soon telling the GLU brass, “They’re all dead sir.” 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Hey that was supposed to be edited!
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Another 2 long time players quit today... they spent a bunch of gold and got nothing but 350 players. Said they can't deal with the BS from glu any longer with the box odds getting worse every week and the other said they are downright rigged (predetermined). Very sad.
    Look at global today.  I haven’t seen this much complaining about box odds since the Brantley boxes
  • CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    Happy to see this here. Couldn't agree more with those of you who feel just as I do. Abused, used and cheated out of not just fun, but money. Of course we are all mostly to blame for spending, but kudos to Glu for finding ways to lure us in even while knowing that it'll be a failure. They got me for long enough, this weekend has put a nail in the casket. From Global, to this message board, to Twitter... I've tried to gather as many as possible to put an end to their reigns of terror... But as stated, they have the whales in their back pocket basically... I'm more than certain many of them just get what they want and thus it'll continue... Which minimizes the effect us "lesser VIP's" might have... It's sad. Glu is not for the players / consumers, they're simply for the dollar. It sucks but I'm done. I quit.
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Add me to the long list.  App has been deleted.  No long speech, just should have stuck to my guns and never downloaded 2020 version, lol.  I’ll still poke my head in here from time to time.  Thank you to all the people on here for everything, it’s truly been a pleasure chatting/laughing/complaining with all of you.  Good luck out there!  👊

P.S. **** you to every part of Glu, small and big 🖕
    My recommendation? Quit this site ASAP and don’t check it ever again. The more connections to the game you keep up, the sooner you’ll be back playing. Happened to me. Me quitting lasted like a day, although I have reduced spending by not playing in big clubs anymore. 
    I agree that for most people, it’s basically impossible to be on here and not play the game.  I’ll tell you the same I told Alex...When I thought about it from the perspective of: the money I’ve wasted on this game the last 2 years, was enough for 1-2 years of college for one of my kids (depending on the college, of course, some colleges it wouldn’t even cover half of 1 year).  My kids are 13 and 11.  So not only am I wasting money I should be saving for them, I’m also taking away time that I can and should be spending with them as well.

The biggest difference between now and last time, when I vowed to not download 2020, is that this time — I know for certain that Glu will only continue to make it more and more of a money grab, while ruining anything that makes the game actually fun.

Now I can waste less of my time playing MLB the Show and do so while my kids are sleeping anyway, lol.
    Good luck @More2Most2First! Glad you found the light. 👍🏻 Still searching 😳
    I’m certain Glu will keep pushing until you find that light 😂
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Metsicans said:
    Add me to the long list.  App has been deleted.  No long speech, just should have stuck to my guns and never downloaded 2020 version, lol.  I’ll still poke my head in here from time to time.  Thank you to all the people on here for everything, it’s truly been a pleasure chatting/laughing/complaining with all of you.  Good luck out there!  👊

My recommendation? Quit this site ASAP and don’t check it ever again. The more connections to the game you keep up, the sooner you’ll be back playing. Happened to me. Me quitting lasted like a day, although I have reduced spending by not playing in big clubs anymore. 
    I agree that for most people, it’s basically impossible to be on here and not play the game.  I’ll tell you the same I told Alex...When I thought about it from the perspective of: the money I’ve wasted on this game the last 2 years, was enough for 1-2 years of college for one of my kids (depending on the college, of course, some colleges it wouldn’t even cover half of 1 year).  My kids are 13 and 11.  So not only am I wasting money I should be saving for them, I’m also taking away time that I can and should be spending with them as well.

The biggest difference between now and last time, when I vowed to not download 2020, is that this time — I know for certain that Glu will only continue to make it more and more of a money grab, while ruining anything that makes the game actually fun.

Now I can waste less of my time playing MLB the Show and do so while my kids are sleeping anyway, lol.
    Wow when I read this I thought to myself, this might be the most depressing thing I have ever read on this forum. Have heard this story too many times, except instead of a mobile game, its blackjack/poker. Hope you continue to stay away from it.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    It’s more than apparent that either there is a different “dev team” from the ‘18 app, or some morons running things decided to try and fix what wasn’t broken. ‘18 ran smoothly on all cylinders. WOH was a dream, something you actually tried to achieve for great rewards. Boxes were awesome. Players for a price were worth the money, even though most were rentals. This bunch in development are idiots. Driving everyone away from the game. No clue as to what they’re doing. But I will give them credit for great marksmanship. Take the pistol out, aim carefully at foot, fire away. Then repeat. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited August 2020
    tshea510 said:
    It’s more than apparent that either there is a different “dev team” from the ‘18 app, or some morons running things decided to try and fix what wasn’t broken. ‘18 ran smoothly on all cylinders. WOH was a dream, something you actually tried to achieve for great rewards. Boxes were awesome. Players for a price were worth the money, even though most were rentals. This bunch in development are idiots. Driving everyone away from the game. No clue as to what they’re doing. But I will give them credit for great marksmanship. Take the pistol out, aim carefully at foot, fire away. Then repeat. 
    Well said.. couldn’t agree more. Tho I’ve never said it I’ve often wondered if the dev team/management changed? As you said obviously so much has changed within the game 🤷🏻‍♂️. 18 was a great a balance and my fav year of tsb players were mostly obtainable along with resources.. Woh was FUN with a top overall player as reward.. etc. The game wasn’t as predictable as far as when overalls would be raised. Atgs were released earlier in store for purchase etc.. I was fully engaged in 18. Definitely something changed wether it be the dev team or they just got greedy 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Oh and boosted reg bxp players in 18! 
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Another 2 long time players quit today... they spent a bunch of gold and got nothing but 350 players. Said they can't deal with the BS from glu any longer with the box odds getting worse every week and the other said they are downright rigged (predetermined). Very sad.
    Gotta be all the glu bots out there getting the good players, right?  Three teams in my club that never play, that  have been in my club since day one, have Freddie f***ing Freeman(pretty sure that's his actual nickname).  People out there can tell me til they're blue in the face that there aren't glu bots in this game that suck up the good players, but I'll never believe it.  So glad I'm not playing much these days.  This game doesn't deserve anyone's time or money.  Too bad the addicts can't stop.
    Just no.  
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Gotta be all the glu bots out there getting the good players, right?  Three teams in my club that never play, that  have been in my club since day one, have Freddie f***ing Freeman(pretty sure that's his actual nickname).  People out there can tell me til they're blue in the face that there aren't glu bots in this game that suck up the good players, but I'll never believe it.  So glad I'm not playing much these days.  This game doesn't deserve anyone's time or money.  Too bad the addicts can't stop.
    Oh there are most definitely bots in this game. You can see them active during prime events to prevent players from placing in top spots without achieving certain scores. An hour after prime event starts, there are always a few teams with in the top 10, and yet the TS are ridiculously low (and when you look on the team profiles, they have very low prime event scores for their clubs, which is basically impossible).
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited August 2020

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    TS is easily and often used. I wouldn’t read into that
    Metsicans said:

Wow when I read this I thought to myself, this might be the most depressing thing I have ever read on this forum. Have heard this story too many times, except instead of a mobile game, its blackjack/poker. Hope you continue to stay away from it.
    For the record, I only ever spent “extra” disposable income on this game.  Never let it affect my ability to pay bills, lol.  I would imagine the blackjack/poker players struggled to avoid that, much like I did during the alcoholism in most of my 20s...now I just need to quit smoking cigs and I’ll feel extra rich each month 😂
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    Anybody wants to get rid of a diamond vip ?
  • criffycriffy Registered Users, Member 625 Posts
    Metsicans said:

i dunno about you guys, but i'm happy having left the game about 6 months ago. i have actually turned to a almost daily poker game and am up 5x-7x what i ended up spending in the 2019 version of tsb. i've had a lot more fun too - only committed to 1-3 hours a day instead of the 12 hour marathon that you need to be glued to your phone to be competitive. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Man, good to see your little smiley face around here @criffy

Glad to hear all is well brother
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    lol you looking to buy while everyone is pissed about the update or just hoping for some charity account 
  • lovingcurveslovingcurves Registered Users, Member 279 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    lol you looking to buy while everyone is pissed about the update or just hoping for some charity account 
    Nvm, I already quit 20 after 2 days. Better to stay away from this game lol
  • BlackFang4BlackFang4 Registered Users, Member 515 Posts
    So I'm late to the party on this one, obviously, but I thought I could provide some valuable inputs from a guy who went from a borderline addiction to a complete retirement. 

This game is a shackle. It's a burden. That doesn't mean that, in and of itself, the game is a bad thing. I recall spending many glorious moments on the game and on the forum itself. In fact, what brought me here was my showing a friend the glubot thread, which was hands down the most fun I had either on or off the game. (Here's the link for those interested or curious: 
    https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2019/discussion/5452707/forum-update/p1)

But it's a prison nonetheless, and it can be hard to get out of. As a guy who struggled with "real" addictions in his younger life, it is easy to see now the warning signs that were present in the game. 

That said, glu has completely mismanaged all aspects of their company-player relationships. Whether it's the lack of transparency, the inability to honor past commitments, or the plain ignorance of customer care, Glu consistently failed to make the player feel important, and was consistently flawed at attracting anything other than money. The customers, espescially free to play players and low spenders, were continually ignored. Whether it was major things like position switches post-release without any compensation or new events being completely unplayable, or the quote-on-quote minor things, such as obvious cheaters not being banned, Glu failed continuously to communicate, and, more importantly, failed to resonate with its community. 

As a guy on the other side, it definitely was a mixed feeling at the beginning of the end. I kind of missed the 12 hour grind, I missed the interactions with my clubmates and the guys on the forum. But in the end, it was worth it, to me. I was able to spend more time with my family, and spend more time doing the things I love with the people I love more.

So, all that to say, if you're at a crossroads, make sure to evaluate all sides. Leaving the game was a great choice for me, and it might be for you too. Don't waste time chasing silly virtual baseball players if it comes at the cost of things in life that really matter. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    So I'm late to the party on this one, obviously, but I thought I could provide some valuable inputs from a guy who went from a borderline addiction to a complete retirement. 

This game is a shackle. It's a burden. That doesn't mean that, in and of itself, the game is a bad thing. I recall spending many glorious moments on the game and on the forum itself. In fact, what brought me here was my showing a friend the glubot thread, which was hands down the most fun I had either on or off the game. (Here's the link for those interested or curious: 
    https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2019/discussion/5452707/forum-update/p1)

But it's a prison nonetheless, and it can be hard to get out of. As a guy who struggled with "real" addictions in his younger life, it is easy to see now the warning signs that were present in the game. 

That said, glu has completely mismanaged all aspects of their company-player relationships. Whether it's the lack of transparency, the inability to honor past commitments, or the plain ignorance of customer care, Glu consistently failed to make the player feel important, and was consistently flawed at attracting anything other than money. The customers, espescially free to play players and low spenders, were continually ignored. Whether it was major things like position switches post-release without any compensation or new events being completely unplayable, or the quote-on-quote minor things, such as obvious cheaters not being banned, Glu failed continuously to communicate, and, more importantly, failed to resonate with its community. 

As a guy on the other side, it definitely was a mixed feeling at the beginning of the end. I kind of missed the 12 hour grind, I missed the interactions with my clubmates and the guys on the forum. But in the end, it was worth it, to me. I was able to spend more time with my family, and spend more time doing the things I love with the people I love more.

So, all that to say, if you're at a crossroads, make sure to evaluate all sides. Leaving the game was a great choice for me, and it might be for you too. Don't waste time chasing silly virtual baseball players if it comes at the cost of things in life that really matter. 
    Well said!👏👏👏
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited September 2020

EXTREMELY well said, you put it all in perspective and hit ALL marks! 

This is why I’m Silver since I made the mistake of moving to Gold near end of ‘17. I’ve watched and listened to wayyyyy too many posts criticizing those who remain Silver, yet they keep bitching about their problems in Plat/Diamond. You can either relax and enjoy the game, or succumb to the allures of higher tiers and the burnout that comes with the constant grinding. I honestly hear more complaining about this game from Plat/Diamond teams than us piss poor Silver teams.

How many of us poor folks from the wrong side of the tracks are leaving? 

Yeah, bring it on, I don’t care, I’m Silver and happy as hell.

Glu knows how to sucker players in, but one needs to know when and when not to be suckered!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Scioscia_FanScioscia_Fan Registered Users, Member 266 Posts
    After 4 years, I deleted my TSB apps from my phone this afternoon.
    Even the Seaver gift felt like, meh, whatever.
    This Captcha stuff has simply pushed me over the edge on quitting the only mobile game I've ever really enjoyed.
    I've kinda been gritting my teeth and enduring the decline of this game all year. Being a VIP has been mostly whats kept me going but I still found ways to enjoy some events and have logged onto TSB daily for over 4 straight years now. Crazy as that sounds.
    I don't want to play a baseball game that makes me choose chimneys, bike & crosswalks every 3-5 games/videos.
    Thanks for the entertaining game GLU. '18 & '19 were awesome.
    Thanks to all you guys in these forums. I don't comment a ton but I've always enjoyed the threads and useful charts on here.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    The game is dangerously addictive. I only started playing it this year and within a couple of months I’d spent more on this than every other game I’ve played put together. I don’t know how much it would cost to be able to play to a good standard if I weren’t working from home and able to play a lot of adverts for gold. 

I think what will kill the game for me is the dishonesty in it. I remember months ago they were forced to admit that Gurriel wasn’t in the boxes for a certain time and they issued compensation. I simply do not believe that your chances of pulling a player are always accurate or, specifically, your chances of pulling one have been pre-ordained. 

I know that there are times when the odds will beat me but I have complained a number of times about how I have been massively screwed by the chances. After getting a poor return for my spend over the weekend and on Monday, I got suckered nto the POTW boxes yesterday. 50% chance of a player - 2 players. Average luck gets both in 4. What would you consider bad luck? 8 boxes to get both perhaps? I stopped after 19 or 20. I got Calhoun 8 times but not DJ. I don’t believe that is possible if both players were in there and they hadn’t doctored my chances. Thinking about it, I should’ve twigged early as I’ve had trouble getting second baseman all year but third baseman and short stops I get nearly all of them. I don’t believe this is a coincidence. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did somebody say rigged boxes??

I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • koyiehillkoyiehill Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    whynot said:
    Did somebody say rigged boxes??

I’m interested in your thoughts on this 
  • koyiehillkoyiehill Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    Also interested in people in know that knew of the insidious acts of hacking in 17/18/19. These include woh hack putting gold in club rewards boxes and pulling all useless xp. Now when this was all going on I remember there was a “conspiracy” that it was actually two glu developers, names will not be mentioned, but they made oodles of money of people and taught others the art of their trade. As somebody completely against this atrocity does anybody know if it still happens and if glu “allows” these things to go on to drive up sales. 
  • BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    We can go back and forth with this conversation for hours, but let’s be honest here- Cheater Tyrone has all of the hottest up to date glitches. 
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    There's only one cheat that truly works.   
    At the Title Screen press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.
    You then enter in your credit card info and Glu gives you a 425 Prime with bases empty and bases loaded skills.
  • TheLegend17TheLegend17 Registered Users, Member 373 Posts
    Those skills stack when your player is on defense