Leveling Legends

Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
I’d like some advice leveling Legends when they come. Is it wise to level each legends a little bit or try to max just a few. This is my first year playing and I don’t know how easy the XP for legends is to obtain. Do you need the PXP to level the skills of these players. I’m wondering if I should save some PXP for the legends. Finally if I should be maxing prime players what max overall ones should I be maxing . ie 420 425 430 ? Thanks in advance for any advice

Comments

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Well, this is glu so legends will have their own xp, lxp.  It’s best to only level select players and only if you can max level them, in other words if you are gold don’t level unless you can get him to gold 10.  This applies to all players whether they require bxp, pxp, or lxp. The exception is if he is a bonus guy and you want to help your club.  Otherwise you are always playing catch-up.

As for who to level, only level guys who are significant improvements over your existing player.  
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    I only level players up if I can max them. It's best to save when the first few come out. Then pick and choose who you want to max. LXP has historically been tougher to get then PXP (especially in the early stages).
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Well being a platinum F2P player, it took me 2 months of saving PXP before I had enough to level 7 primes (all done at the same time) who were all rated above 420. My other 2 players are my keepers (and also my legend on backup and for WOH royale). Prior to that I didn't level a single prime (there are BXP players that are now almost equal to the initial primes that came out - the same will be the case for legends with primes). I imagine I won't have enough LXP to level a legend lineup until December. If you are platinum/diamond, unless you are willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money, you should wait until legends hit around 500 max overall before leveling them (as primes will eventually reach the same level as these initial legends).
  • HotRod14HotRod14 Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    I try to level my legends one at a time. Especially when you have decently ranked players in your line up trying to spend your PXP a little on each player won’t level up your club very quick. Once I get a Prime player I stop leveling up the player that’s in the same position and get him leveled up past the regular player in that position. Then I throw the PXP player in the active lineup once I level him past the current guy. Then I weigh whether the XP player I swapped out is worth keeping as a sub or trading off. If I trade him off I use the XP to max out another XP player in my lineup I don’t have a PXP player to replace. Seems to work I’m over 115k team strength. 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited August 2020
    HotRod14 said:
    I try to level my legends one at a time. Especially when you have decently ranked players in your line up trying to spend your PXP a little on each player won’t level up your club very quick. Once I get a Prime player I stop leveling up the player that’s in the same position and get him leveled up past the regular player in that position. Then I throw the PXP player in the active lineup once I level him past the current guy. Then I weigh whether the XP player I swapped out is worth keeping as a sub or trading off. If I trade him off I use the XP to max out another XP player in my lineup I don’t have a PXP player to replace. Seems to work I’m over 115k team strength. 
    I disagree with this method - the best way to level primes/legends is all at once - do not level a prime/legend until you have enough to cap them at your respective tier. Otherwise if you level in increments, you will be playing a constant game of catch-up, as the prime/legend you work on leveling will be overcome by better primes/legends by or before the time you fully level them (unless you are in silver tier) and now you have wasted PXP on a out of date player. I am F2P with 165k TS.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    First year playing this. When primes came out, I didn’t pull one for 2-3 weeks. Then I got Mookie. Spent all my pxp on him but after the event he didn’t make my best line up. I spread my pxp around 3 players. A waste. 

I saved up and level primes up to G10 right away unless it’s a prime weekend when I might level them enough to score well then finish levelling them ehen I have a discount. Now got 16 primes at G10. If their max is not going to be an improvement of at least 10 over my current player in that position, I save my pxp. 

I will use this experience when legends arrive.