No More El Spendo

2Next

Comments

• txhoneybadgertxhoneybadger Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    edited August 2020
    0.2%...! 0.2% chance  to pull 440 Shane Bieber is near criminal!!  🤢 Not that I’m chasing but to think I used to chase players like that on the daily. I honestly feel sorry for anyone chasing a player with these ridiculous odds. 
    Yes I know the odds are clearly listed but it doesn’t make it any less criminal 😳
     Anything under 1% 👎 and even 1% is ridiculous! 
    The 250 box has always had these odds this year idk why your getting upset and always expecting more from glu, cheaper box tougher odds to pull the best player 🤷🏽‍♂️ Just lower your expectations and you’ll be less disappointed 🙃
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited August 2020
    0.2%...! 0.2% chance  to pull 440 Shane Bieber is near criminal!!  🤢 Not that I’m chasing but to think I used to chase players like that on the daily. I honestly feel sorry for anyone chasing a player with these ridiculous odds. 
    Yes I know the odds are clearly listed but it doesn’t make it any less criminal 😳
    The 250 box has always had these odds this year idk why your getting upset and always expecting more from glu, cheaper box tougher odds to pull the best player 🤷🏽‍♂️ Just lower your expectations and you’ll be less disappointed 🙃
    Not true actually, the cheaper box used to have better odds earlier this year (as I recall it was around 60% chance of XP before primes came out, and better odds for players). A bit after primes were released Glu went crazy on box odds. Now its almost 85% chance of XP.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Nah... don’t remember 0.2% odds. Please refresh my memory with a screen shot 250 box having these odds. The problem is to many people like yourself just accept these bs odds as oh well I’ll just lower my expectations and buy 400 boxes 🥴🙃.
    Yes ABSOLUTELY I expect more from glu... but I did play the game before it sucked...so maybe that’s the problem I’ve seen the game go to trash in the past 5 years. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Cheers 🍻 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Rippers said:
    Not spending but as a SOX fan really want Robert. Hopefully I get him over the weekend (0-24) so far. But I did get this guy on the EB boxes. 
    Seriously Rippers! It’s not funny anymore. You just pull the top guys left and right. Help me out dude!!
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    whynot said:
    Did someone say rigged boxes?
    I’m sure there is something applied to my team that says ‘Do not give him a second baseman’. It has been all through the game. It was the last position where I got a 200 player at G10. It had been the gap in my team for ages. Which was the last position without a prime? Second base. Was still relying  on 365 max Pedroia. 

I sunk 27k gold in the pursuit of Odor (the second event in a row with a 2B) and didn’t get him. The final straw came when we collected reward boxes and 3 in my club (out of just 11) got him and I didn’t when we all opened them immediately. 

I’ve learned to stop chasing now. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Nah... don’t remember 0.2% odds. Please refresh my memory with a screen shot 250 box having these odds. The problem is to many people like yourself just accept these bs odds as oh well I’ll just lower my expectations and buy 400 boxes 🥴🙃.
    Yes ABSOLUTELY I expect more from glu... but I did play the game before it sucked...so maybe that’s the problem I’ve seen the game go to trash in the past 5 years. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Cheers 🍻 
    Absolutely 100% right....
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Even Legends had 4-5% odds in 19

Going in to a weekend with a .5% chance and landing the one player that MIGHT make or improve your roster is just pointless.

this new system has drastically reduced the amount of time and money I spend on this game 
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Any odds below 5% are just ridiculous. I would spend more gold and money at those odds. Luis Robert is the highest rated player in the Jackie Robinson box. The odds on landing him are .7%. I'm a HUGE SOX fan and would love to add him to my roster. BUT I've already opened 40+ gift boxes and didnt get him. I'm not going to spend 30K or 40K Gold to probably still not get him. Been there...done that. 
  • CleanupcrewCleanupcrew Registered Users, Member 123 Posts
    whynot said:
    Did someone say rigged boxes?
    I’m sure there is something applied to my team that says ‘Do not give him a second baseman’. It has been all through the game. It was the last position where I got a 200 player at G10. It had been the gap in my team for ages. Which was the last position without a prime? Second base. Was still relying  on 365 max Pedroia. 

I sunk 27k gold in the pursuit of Odor (the second event in a row with a 2B) and didn’t get him. The final straw came when we collected reward boxes and 3 in my club (out of just 11) got him and I didn’t when we all opened them immediately. 

I’ve learned to stop chasing now. 
    This is definitely a thing, bro. Again, all of these boxes / gifts are triggered to hit whatever is dictated for whomever they decide gets what they see fit. We spend and waste money at their mercy.

I continue to pull only 2nd basemen, 1st basemen and SS positions from every box for the last 2 months almost. I haven't struck for any of the 3 highest max players in any box in that frame as well. Supreme BS if you ask me... But it's very clear and evident that they aren't here for us, just our dollars.

This weekend was another example - Garrett Hampson like 7 times... But no Robert, no Cody, no Blackmon. Getting nothing that I actually want, but everything useless that I don't need comes in 3's and 4's. Tired of the nonsense on top of the impossibility factor.

Add to that that Customer Service is clearly run by SumDumGoy copying and pasting answers, never compensating us fairly for their errors and failures and even ignoring tickets / complaints filed and it just compounds wrongdoing with more wrongdoing smh

Can't sniff the Glu anymore. 
    T. R. N. ~ Cleanupcrew 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Absolutely @Cleanupcrew. I’ve had 8 primes to play on 3rd and 7 short stops. I was sorely tempted to buy the short reliever this w/e as my bullpen hasn’t improved for at least a month but one of my real irritations cropped up again and I put the thought out of my head. I’m in the UK and I’ve complained before about the limited time to claim gifts. If it drops after midnight UK time, the gift isn’t there when I wake. When you consider that a $20 purchase for you is charged at £20 for me; currently equal to $26, I feel I deserve better. 

My club recently reformed and we are more relaxed and playing in the minors. I did get one great pull (Blackmon) and he along with the 2 POTW means I have scored well this weekend. I can do well without spending any real cash for a while now and will do so.