Monday WOH

TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
As usual he is a bit dated but if you are looking for a Top 10 righty for Mondays WOH the prime Voit isn’t bad. 

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    We were talking about this exact same thing in our club this morning. Most in our club don't need him, but he's solid for guys who don't have a closer vs leftys or simply need the depth. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I have to be out of the house this afternoon for errands and appointments or I'd seriously consider trying to push as I only have 3 RHB, wish this was Royale's tower though as I could cap him or come close.  Was able to win 16 last Wednesday, Monday's are slightly more difficult I'd do well to get 10 in and autoplay costs a mild fortune.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Did they change it? This is what I got which would make him a 435...
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    edited August 2020
    Deleted... @Wicked0Wildcats beat me to it.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited August 2020
    You would think by now if they are going to have a dated prime player (and with legends just around the corner), the least they could F***ing do is make it an every cycle reward instead of this alternating horse doo doo. This is such garbage that we are still getting rewarded a 350 BXP player on cycles of HOF walk off hero with legends literally about to come out. It just baffles the mind. It makes me want to walk into the Glu office and slap each person in the face, then throw up the deuces and walk out.
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Tbh I'd rather have the 410 2x LHP than the 435 2x RiSP personally.  I'd also suspect the tower got a difficulty boost too, but will have to see.
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    edited August 2020
    435 is nice but I don't think anyone is going crazy for RiSP. He can be good at 5.8 when you are down 4-0 with a runner on 1st and 3rd but that's about it. Then he will fall of the cliff because you won't use him at 5.7.
    We are all beta testers
    edited August 2020
    Seems like they would rather give us a slightly higher rated player (with the worst skills ever) than make a more dated prime available for every cycle. Hmmm... either way, another Monday not worth playing for. It still baffles me that they have self-sabotaged their single best game mode by taking away the solid player reward and using the cycle rewards system as a way to actually take away rewards. Voit is not a premiere player either, you think Voit would make anyone's team with double RISP over Freeman, Cron, Gurriel, Pujols, or even Bell? Heck no.

Is there not a single person here who did not get hooked into TSB initially because of WOH? Many still only play because of WOH now (on Royale days because Mondays have become a joke). And the company goes and ruins it in every way they can. We already have prime events up to 4 days a week, Monday used to be a guaranteed fun day for me each week with the opportunity for a great player that had solid skills and would make my team - remember when they had 350 Schwarber with double RHP?! I played all day trying to get that box with him, that was the single best WOH of the year (top of the curve player with amazing skills). Now its just filled with boring boxes, specials nobody except a few addicts buy, and 2 terrible WOH players with no chance in capping them because their whole cycle rewards system is broken anyway. And don't forget the ridiculous autoplay costs.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Went to use a video boost on 5-8 and got this still, had to restart and there went that level progress. It’s great how they keep adding “features” and saying they are improving things based on feedback but they won’t fix basic things!

• yankeenut23yankeenut23 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    LETS GO!
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    How nerfed is the reward?

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

How nerfed is the reward?
    Its really like a 420 player because of speed, and really like a 400 player because of the double RISP skills (literally the worst skillset).
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    samtheman said:
    Went to use a video boost on 5-8 and got this still, had to restart and there went that level progress. It’s great how they keep adding “features” and saying they are improving things based on feedback but they won’t fix basic things!

I have been getting that a lot.  If you touch the “ad” or one of the top corners of the box you will get a pop up to “report ad”.  If you report the ad and close that box out then you will get your reward.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Tapped all over that thing but couldn’t get anything. I get this one a lot too now. Pops up for three seconds and disappears. No reward and option gone.

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Sorry man.  That sucks.  I’ll try to remember exactly what I do next time I get it
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard

The Apple Arcade ad has completely killed my will to farm. I just quit farming all together until it is fixed.  The ad never closes, or it takes you out of the app to the app store, or it takes you to a URL, or it just crashes the app. I never get the gold after touching it 10 times or more. I have alerted CS, sent pics of the screens, etc.
    You can guess what their reply was.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• ESTXXLESTXXL Registered Users, Member 65 Posts
    I will usually cycle five times as time is limited on weekdays. Completed Level 1 and I'm done. Boxes are terrible and I have tossed Voit a month ago and I already have Soto on one side and Merrifield on the other. I played D1 ball and I can tell these people are clueless even about players, skills, and baseball in general.
  • COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Video boost crashed game on 5.9 and lost the round. Thanks Glu. 
  • yankeenut23yankeenut23 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Ugh😥
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Ten cycles takes a lot of resources for me but is doable. Twenty cycles during a weekday is just laughable. I also wish they would have the two pxp rewards as 75,000 and 150,000 instead of 50,000 and 100,000. Oh well 😔 

Yeah this deal where you have to cycle twice just to get a small piece of what we got in the past isn't really motivating, especially when it is a nerfed player.

I can cycle 5-6 times, reasonably, on Monday with work. This means I can only get the Prime guy Three times. So If I want to cycle cap him, I can't unless I play all day. 

This new system they have here is a motivation killer for me, and this was my favorite event.

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts

Yeah this deal where you have to cycle twice just to get a small piece of what we got in the past isn't really motivating, especially when it is a nerfed player.

I can cycle 5-6 times, reasonably, on Monday with work. This means I can only get the Prime guy Three times. So If I want to cycle cap him, I can't unless I play all day. 

This new system they have here is a motivation killer for me, and this was my favorite event.

Look on the bright side Doc - it gives you another day off from this game. Currently, the only fun event is Weekend Royale. 
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    You would think by now if they are going to have a dated prime player (and with legends just around the corner), the least they could F***ing do is make it an every cycle reward instead of this alternating horse doo doo. This is such garbage that we are still getting rewarded a 350 BXP player on cycles of HOF walk off hero with legends literally about to come out. It just baffles the mind. It makes me want to walk into the Glu office and slap each person in the face, then throw up the deuces and walk out.
    Don’t forget to kick em in the ass as well!! 😂 
    edited September 2020
    Clearly user interactions are down right now - people are getting tired of the glucrap. Glu has been doing a lot to get people back into the game:
    - 42 gift boxes last weekend
    - Midnight royale instead of a second prime event this week
    - pop-up Global challenge
    - Boosting the WOH player to a nerfed 435 with terrible skills (FAIL)
    - Changing up clash to smaller target bash (and global voting on it)

It's funny, because all they would really need to do is provide more realistic box odds and a solid, non-nerfed WOH reward (without their new BS cycle system) and people would play more and spend more. Instead they are trying all these gimmicks hoping it will motivate people to play while still allowing them to keep their new money grabbing mechanisms in place. News flash, it won't change people's minds. What is the point of spending $20, $30, or even $100 with a 0.2%-0.5% chance at a player you actually want? There isn't - that is why people are just sitting back and letting it come to them over time instead.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Let’s not forget the CRAP Fan Rewards. Remember when you used to WANT to spend gold for a guaranteed player? Now it’s same gold, but crapshoot for crap. Bring back ‘18
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷