Why does it seem absolutely impossible for you to code a stable platform for TSB20?!?!?

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
All afternoon has been the same BS.  Things cruise along fine only for the app to crash some point at level 5.7 or higher.  So while I took the time to message CS, I'm sure once again, I'll receive some inane response from an agent that didn't even bother to read the complaint before cutting and pasting a response telling me to "check my wifi" and "make sure I have enough RAM."  (I guess my router just magically knows when I'm using a boost for 5.9 or 5.10 huh?)  Meanwhile, i'll burn gold and blue cash, and nothing will ever get done about it.

All year long, GLU has complained about the cheating and the glitching by players.  There is an incredibly hostile relationship between players and Devs.  Let me be blunt on why there is so much cheating this year:  IT'S BECAUSE THEY FEEL CHEATED BY YOU.

Glu has spent every waking moment creating new ways to bleed players dry, both IAP and in-game resources.  And in the process, it's done nothing but destabilize the game platform.  Here is a "User Retention" suggestion since that was a stated intention when TSB20 was released:  make players WANT to be on the game!  Perfection is a great goal, but isn't always feasible.  In the interim, how about we take care of the people that pump money in to this game when things don't go as well as we hoped.  

Sorry.  I'll be done now.  I'm off to go check my wifi.

Comments

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    As somebody who has pretty well watched my entire circle of TSB friends dissipate from this game, what Monte is saying is 100% true.  I’ve cut my spending almost entirely. At this point in the season, I should’ve been 2-3k deep. I play maybe 3 hours a week...more on royale weekends. The game has become almost comedically stale. The constant push on paying customers (both time and money) is ridiculous. You could drop 1k in a weekend, and be back to square 1 come Monday.  It’s a completely unsustainable way to run a company. Good luck to those that enjoy the competition of winning a banana when you had to drop a Ribeye Steak to stay in relevant for that event. Best advice is to just not care anymore. 
    Also, no offense @dkarski87. I didn’t mean anything by the banana comment.  
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited September 2020

Just the same predictable trash.  It’s unreal.  And you guys can’t figure out why every player in this game is doing everything they can to cheat you.

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Anyone else getting tough cvc match ups today? Haven’t played a single cvc today but all matches not winnable. Have they ruined the last good thing about the game? Or just bad luck match ups? 
    Anyone else getting tough cvc match ups today? Haven’t played a single cvc today but all matches not winnable. Have they ruined the last good thing about the game? Or just bad luck match ups? 
    They definitely changed the matchup algorithm. There is no matchups pending or vs solo clubs. 
    Bearmeat said:
    They definitely changed the matchup algorithm. There is no matchups pending or vs solo clubs. 
    Wow... so it’s basically random now but always put up against a challenging opponent. 
    They don’t want anyone getting easy boxes from cvc. 
    So what’s left of the game? 
    Wait I’m kind of puzzled 😕 here... but how does a 1021 ranked club get put up against me that hasn’t played all day?? 🤔 So... if you play you get easier matches?? 
    Wait I’m kind of puzzled 😕 here... but how does a 1021 ranked club get put up against me that hasn’t played all day?? 🤔 So... if you play you get easier matches?? 
    It’s funny, yesterday I didn’t play any cvc all day until the last one. My rank was 8000+    Then I was a placed against a 1500 rank club. I beat them with 1 million points. But I should’ve been up against a matchup pending or solo looking for the tie. 
    But at the same time, 1 million points isn’t enough to justify 1500 rank. That’s what’s more odd than anything imo
    Right def some strange glu screwery going on 🥴
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited September 2020
    Most of the issues with crashing and performance over the last couple weeks has had to do with gifting and push notifications crashing the servers, and server maintenance has been hard because Northern California has been hit hard by power outages affecting both Glu HQ and Glu Sports.  Throw in the fact that the counties these workplaces are in are in areas where high tech companies still aren't allowed to work in their offices yet, and that just compounds the tough hand we've been dealt.  We've also handed out more gifts over the past two weeks than we have during any other stretch during the TSB franchise's existence.

I'm not using these as excuses, but as someone who lived 5 miles away from a huge brush fire, I didn't exactly have time to be sitting in front of my laptop at home either.  These kinds of things happen, and not every company is prepared enough for it.  Despite popular belief, working from home when you're in the gaming industry sucks.  You don't have access to the same development builds you had in the studio, and when you do, odds are your internet at home isn't as fast as what you have in the studio.  Then there's the whole thing about kids in our homes being kids.

We're doing the best we can, and that's all I'm gonna say regarding the matter.
    Most of the issues with crashing and performance over the last couple weeks has had to do with gifting and push notifications crashing the servers, and server maintenance has been hard because Northern California has been hit hard by power outages affecting both Glu HQ and Glu Sports.  Throw in the fact that the counties these workplaces are in are in areas where high tech companies still aren't allowed to work in their offices yet, and that just compounds the tough hand we've been dealt.  We've also handed out more gifts over the past two weeks than we have during any other stretch during the TSB franchise's existence.

I'm not using these as excuses, but as someone who lived 5 miles away from a huge brush fire, I didn't exactly have time to be sitting in front of my laptop at home either.  These kinds of things happen, and not every company is prepared enough for it.  Despite popular belief, working from home when you're in the gaming industry sucks.  You don't have access to the same development builds you had in the studio, and when you do, odds are your internet at home isn't as fast as what you have in the studio.  Then there's the whole thing about kids in our homes being kids.

I think most of us here are in the same camp as “we understand, and hope for your safety”, but a lot of the issues mentioned above are outstanding from months ago.  
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts

Well...  it’s finally happened!  For the first time I am on Blues side.  Being a native Californian I relate to the fire issue and the rolling blackouts make it worse.  Stay safe and feel free to keep the gifts coming! 😁
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard

Blue

As a person with numerous friends and clients in similar situations, some in the Bay Area as well, I'm 1000% understanding here.  I'm sure your team is equally as frustrated trying to work through this as we are trying to play a a video game (albeit, a very expensive one)

However, for whatever volume your proverbial drum reaches, I implore you to beat it over and over again to drastically scale back tweaks and changes being made until your team can return to a normal-ish environment.  The heartburn here is that there never seems to be any shortage of time for those, while the bugs and crashes seem to march on unabated.

I'm here humbly suggesting that while your time and resources are being limited, that we conserve as much of that precious resource for working out the already known issues before moving on to bigger and better things.

FWIW, I only came back to check on this post because my game crashed again while trying to load 5.9.
    Blue, before I begin, I want to caveat this that I know you often bare the brunt of decisions made out of your control.  Speaking for myself at least, I'm incredibly grateful for your willingness to come here and communicate like you do.  It's extraordinarily helpful and probably engenders more good will than even you know.  

However, Let me be incredibly succinct here.  Every single one of us (here at least) is empathetic to your (GLU's) situation.  It's not the time however that is being called in to question, its what GLU is choosing to do with the time the DO have that has created the animus.  The principals at GLU need to own that.  The hostility in the relationship between the company and users rests almost entirely upon that precept.
    edited September 2020
    Annnnnnndddddd.....a crash in the middle of 5.10 while in extra innings.  Crash again when reloading.  Upon restarting I get the mythical on 5.1 but one batter already greyed out as used. Unreal
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Annnnnnndddddd.....a crash in the middle of 5.10 while in extra innings.  Crash again when reloading.  Upon restarting I get the mythical on 5.1 but one batter already greyed out as used. Unreal
    Are you by chance playing on @drsmartassphd device?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    Are you by chance playing on @drsmartassphd device?
    Part of what makes it so frustrating 

same device, same network, and more crashes today than most of 20 combined.  Just comes out of nowhere sometimes
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I wanted to congratulate your team for completely destroying what was going to be a very exciting event, at least for me. Looking forward to playing all day, but nope.

Playing WoH this morning and it is VERY clear you guys have jacked up the settings. I get we have 24 hours to complete your ridiculous 15 cycle requirement for a decent reward bc you have yet another crappy player that is nerfed with terrible skills. Now you rig the damn event so the cheating is off the effing charts again. I feel like I'm using a bronze team again.

A normal Royale cycle with my amazing team usually takes 25 minutes or so. That's with no crashing or cheating. Welp, today, I'm over 1.5 hours in and I can't cycle. Why? Because I'm getting curved out left and right on 5.7. 5.8 and 5.9. It is beyond blatant and predictable now too.  I haven't been "9 and outed" in a long time on Monday, much less Royale. Already this morning, I have hit sequences during the round where I get 9 straight out of the zone and "lose". Just now on 5.8, I lead off with HR, tie it, then watch in dismay as 18 straight pitches go in the other batters box so I "lose". 9 to put us in extras, then 9 straight in extras.

I finally make it to 5.9. Lead off HR, 8.7. Guess what? 9 and out again, and I "lose" the round.

I really should be thanking you, honestly. You are helping me break this habit.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

This week, and the latest update provide a perfect example for this discussion.

GLU apparently spent all their time developing a new X FACTOR system, coding new box opening systems, developing new ballparks and animations, and wonderful new stickers (Which is the only acceptable use as stickers are freaking awesome)

Meanwhile, your flagship product (Field Pass) doesnt work for half the users (AGAIN!!!), and game modes are crashing when we attempt to use My Legend 

Who in the world thought it was a good use of the limited time and resources available to the Dev team to make all those changes and additions rather than work on already existing issues that the user base has been dealing with for months?
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts

GLU apparently spent all their time developing a new X FACTOR system, coding new box opening systems, developing new ballparks and animations, and wonderful new stickers (Which is the only acceptable use as stickers are freaking awesome)

Meanwhile, your flagship product (Field Pass) doesnt work for half the users (AGAIN!!!), and game modes are crashing when we attempt to use My Legend 

Who in the world thought it was a good use of the limited time and resources available to the Dev team to make all those changes and additions rather than work on already existing issues that the user base has been dealing with for months?
    Exactly, although the x-factor's are a awesome concept but paying to switch from skill to skill or from player to player after investing in the box itself is horrendous. I would've rather have my legend work for WoH than x-factor's. I would've rather them fix the brokenness of this game, although there are too many things to fix probably would need a complete overhaul at this juncture, than introduce new features that's designed to drain our wallets and eventually fail like everything else this wretched company puts out.

Exactly, although the x-factor's are a awesome concept but paying to switch from skill to skill or from player to player after investing in the box itself is horrendous. I would've rather have my legend work for WoH than x-factor's. I would've rather them fix the brokenness of this game, although there are too many things to fix probably would need a complete overhaul at this juncture, than introduce new features that's designed to drain our wallets and eventually fail like everything else this wretched company puts out.
    I would compare the latest update to their game as to like putting five thousand dollar rims on a rusted out piece of shit on wheels 🤷🏻‍♂️
     Duuuuuuumb fix ur game glu 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Tell your developers to please check their wifi
    edited September 2020
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Tell your developers to please check their wifi
    Player pump millions of dollars in to this game and company and we’re treated like complete trash.  

And GLU can’t figure out why their customers are trying to cheat them at every single opportunity.  Unreal.
    Just complete radio silence other than that complete BULLSHIT being fed to players from CS.