Options

Box Odds - Midnight Royale Boxes

TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
edited June 2020 in Suggestions and Feedback

Either odds for pulls are incorrectly stated, or there is an issue with the coding.

Glasnow and Turner have identical odds.  It's "5% to pull a 5 star player."

However, I pulled Glasnow (7) times before pulling Turner

While mathematically POSSIBLE....we are dealing with a near mathematical IMPROBABILITY of that happening.  This seems to be a recurring issue with TSB20 where despite identical odds of landing an equally rated player, you will ONLY pull one or the other.  This feels incredibly contrived, and remains one of the chief complaints with TSB's more serious players. 

Comments

• Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    It was the same last year.  I thank glu for it because that was the straw that broke my addiction.  Been box sober for 2 weeks now, where’s my chip?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    One truism everyone should understand that there is no better way to break a gamblers addiction than to remove the appearance of luck or chance.
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I don’t believe they are identical odds.. if they are the same then they should both be split 2.5 and the odds clearly listed for both players. By not listing it clearly things are left a little murky imo.... and that imo is just how they like it.
  • Options

Today's boxes seem to be equally as rigged.  I've spent 10,000 gold (20 boxes), 13 gifts, and 4 boxes from Fan Rewards without pulling a single 5 star player.  Took 15/15 to get Shaw on the Pity Timer. 

Let me know if you want help understanding the mathematical improbability of this.

• Options

Update

I received a message back from CS, stating that the odds of pulling each WAS NOT equal.  However, this is NOT clearly called out in the box odds.  I think this is pretty deceptive and I would suggest clearly stating these in the future.

• Options
    This is how all boxes should look if odds of landing equally ranked players is in fact different

• Options
    Users have had enough with the misleading box odds.  If certain players within the same category have different odds, this needs to be clearly labeled.  Consumers have a right to know what probabilities they are working with when making purchases.  Enough is enough
  • Options
    Credit where credit is due.  Excellent change this weekend.
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Thanks.
  • Options

Man, deja vu all over again.  This was the event that started it all....and we’re doing it again