Machado back to back POTW.

SBxIronmanSBxIronman Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
So, yet another way to screw us over, after years of having POTW reactivate if they win the award again. This year...NOPE. We’ll just change the picture on it, but use the same stats and skills, repackage it and make you buy it again? What the $&@k are you people thinking? Not everything in this game had to be designed to $&@k us over. Abysmal.

Comments

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    They have made so many changes to squeeze every dollar they can... but this one wow is an all time low in my opinion. I used to love collecting the potw’s and now then you might get to reuse them. I mean we are getting into nickel and dime bs now! Ridiculous! All time low for glu imo 👎🖕🏻
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yeap I have been collecting every POW all year, those digital ones we started with, Ok those I understand as not repeating. But the POWs from MLB, Im disappointed about it
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    This is extremely disappointing.  Done with POTW boxes.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    If this is the trade-off for cheaper POTW  boxes i guess I am ok with it.  However as always communication is optimal in these situations.
  • SBxIronmanSBxIronman Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
    @Mattattack yeah, that’s true. But without any notice otherwise, I pumped resources into guys like Machado and Tatis since they had a chance to be boosted again. So I’m out all of those resources with no recourse but to complain here and to CS, fully understanding that nothing will come of it.
    I would be OK with it as well if we knew ahead of time.  With the decreased cost of POWS, it seems like a fair trade off. BXP is utterly useless anyways but many POWs are much harder to pull then others with increased chance of repeating made them more appealing to chase. Not the case anymore
    – The Great Houmy
  • SBxIronmanSBxIronman Registered Users, Member 49 Posts
    That’s exactly it @dkarski87. It’s the lack of any notice whatsoever that’s the biggest issue. I would have saved resources, and not had the colossal disappointment of thinking “hey, at least I have one part of an impossible set already”, only to find that I’ve been screwed yet again. It’s old. 
    Yeap, the repeat POWs has been a thing for the past 2-3 seasons. This is a fine change as long as its communicated to everyone. Guess we will see if it sticks, i suspect it will tho.
    – The Great Houmy
  • yankeenut23yankeenut23 Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Agreed!!
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    This just in from Glu: “Why would we ever communicate and tell you in advance? That would take all the fun out of screwing you guys over and over! C’mon guys, it’s our business and reputation!” 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    This is definitely not the 2018 game anymore. Bring back the devs from ‘18! Get rid of the ‘20 clowns!
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    Dont trade in your POWs just yet. Just a hunch,
    – The Great Houmy