Midnight Royale!

trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
Hats off to Glu for replacing another boring Tuesday sprint/prime event with a fun royale.
Still many other issues to fix, but at least we don't have 2 prime events this week.
Prev1

Comments

• MTLIslanders22MTLIslanders22 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    I loved the 1st Midnight Royale event in May! Justin Turner as a werewolf was an awesome idea. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    Great idea but WOH does not work...just crashes the game. Nighty night. 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    this may be the worst WoH reward of the year. 
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    this may be the worst WoH reward of the year. 
    Yea its like they let the janitor pick the WOH reward because everyone else left the office already.
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    Waste back to back garbage R WoH rewards .. Skills 🤢🤮
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Game. Keeps. Crashing. LOLOLOLOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Yep, an hour and a half in, I can't clear once. Royale is never this bad. Game either crashes, or cheats. Usually takes me about 20-25 minutes for a Royale cycle in WoH.

I can't get past 5.8. I will lead off with a HR, tie it, then it is 9 and out. We go to extras. 9 and out again. This has happened three times in a row now. 5.7 was just as bad.

I was so excited about today. Frick it.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

And now I finally get to 5.9. Lead off HR. 8-7. No outs. Guess what happened?

LOL. 9 and out again. I have not seen anything like this in a long, long time.

GLU must have jacked with the settings since we have 24 hours to do this. I have no desire whatsoever to be effed over all day for crappy rewards. Great job ruining what should be a solid event. Way to go!

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Has anyone beat WoH yet?  I really need some righties but that tie game skill ruins him.

Yeah, I just finished my first and last cycle. I cycled 7 times yesterday in a much "harder" event, but today the settings are clearly rigged. Royale is never this, uhhhh, "bad".

Bc I'm stubborn, I had to finish at least one cycle after trying nearly 2 hours. FINALLY the game quit cheating and I got to 5.10. Sure as heck, I tie the game at 3, then it's 9 and out to extras. We go to extras: "out", hit, "out", hit, "out". I "lose".

Use the video reboot: Start the new round with six straight out of the zone. I think I'm getting 9 and outed again. Nope, game allows me to tie before the last cheater. We go to extras: "out", hit, "out", HR. Finally. After nearly two hours of crashing and cheating I cleared a Royale cycle. What a joke.

I'm done for the day.

Thank you, GLU. You are helping me break this habit. .I was going to play all day and also drop gold going after the Full Moon guys. Not now!

Good luck to everyone else. GLU found a way to ruin another great event.

• cb11cb11 Registered Users, Member 341 Posts
    First time all year I haven’t played WOH. Amazing how bad those skills are
    cb11 said:
    First time all year I haven’t played WOH. Amazing how bad those skills are
    I was still going to try and cap him and play 15 rounds despite the garbage just bc WoH Royale is one of my favorite events. Nope. Not now. I'll wait to see how they ruin the weekend instead.

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    That skill combo is a swing and miss. 
  • RippersRippers Registered Users, Member 332 Posts
    Would've been much better to get the same skills as the BXP version of Buxton. 
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    The rally skill is the worst but tie game is close (or maybe tie).
    We are all beta testers
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited September 2020
    This event is just stupid.  It's Gauntlet or Bust.  Glu gaave every non-gauntlet guy ZERO reason to play today.

And a nice little slap in the face for spending the time and money yesterday to get all the guys from the box in hopes of a set.  

I'm happy, honestly. Looking forward to see how they destroy this weekend. With my part of the world opening back up and hunting season coming along, GLU is making it easier to just stop.

Today is a big step. Not often I just ignore Royale.

LOL. Hey, what happened to "increased gift frequency"?

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
    LOL. Hey, what happened to "increased gift frequency"?
    Shhhh, glu doesn't want you remembering things that they say.  Also, I was going to play some of this royale WoH, but then I saw the garbage player reward with trash skills and have decided against it.  The first midnight royale was decent.  This one is a huge dud.  What will they come up with next, hmmmmmm...
    Just no.  
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Thanks for the day off!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    Seriously, this morning was a total buzz kill. I was beyond excited to see this. Last time I remember waking up to a bunch of gifts and other items to get you into it. The boxes to get Turner and the Pitcher weren't terrible in terms of odds. The jacked up WoH bs just ruins it. No reason whatsoever for one cycle in Royale to take nearly 2 full hours bc of RNG. Just amazing how this company can screw up a good thing for those of us who don't want to pay a hundred bucks or more a week to play.

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Seriously, this morning was a total buzz kill. I was beyond excited to see this. Last time I remember waking up to a bunch of gifts and other items to get you into it. The boxes to get Turner and the Pitcher weren't terrible in terms of odds. The jacked up WoH bs just ruins it. No reason whatsoever for one cycle in Royale to take nearly 2 full hours bc of RNG. Just amazing how this company can screw up a good thing for those of us who don't want to pay a hundred bucks or more a week to play.
    After reading the forum I decided to try WOH just to see if they changed difficulty any.  I didn’t see any difference from previous Royale and the app didn’t crash once, of course I’m not using an outdated device.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    My autotapper killed the first midnight Royale! Haven't played this game since June, but hats off to all the tappers that are wrecking this one! 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Oh I have no doubt if I played all day I would have had one or two "normal" cycles. Taking 2 hours to get the right RNG, however, is just stupid. If the reward was worth it, I would have probably tried a little more, but it's not.

• redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I decided to go ahead and push, did 18 cycles to cap both as I literally only had 3 RHBs, with only one above 350.  I could have probably pushed for 25 but I just wanted to be done after capping lol.  I have pxp to D1 for the weekend and can stockpile resources then at a slightly slower pace.

When I realized Verdugo and Kershaw had X factors I decided to chase and resource build. Got them both, capped three other primes, then capped our free X factor player, and still have 500K PxP. Didn’t buy a FP either. 

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    When I realized Verdugo and Kershaw had X factors I decided to chase and resource build. Got them both, capped three other primes, then capped our free X factor player, and still have 500K PxP. Didn’t buy a FP either. 
    Tempted to chase verdugo w that X factor 😕 I may wait until the end of event for chance for more free boxes first 🤔
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    I just don’t know about that double ROB skill set. Pulled him from gifts but not sure I want to level him.
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    I got Kershaw and he did not have the X Factor.  Did you have to get him after you upgraded?  Anyone have a screenshot with him with the X Factor?